L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

What is Love?

darkkoon

Bluelighter
I think 1 Corinthians 13 (iirc) has it said best. Just ignore the God stuff, I don't mean that.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always

7 beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

There you go! This kind of love exists, I have it towards many but not mys-elf.

I will say everything from my point of view. Everyone has their own love! And you will definitely feel it. In my case, love appeared unexpectedly. I never understood what love is. But when she appeared, everything became clear. Wait for your love.

Nice post, people should think about that more. It is my opinion that everything is love. Just giving a dog a treat is an act of love. And if you think about it it really is no logical reason to own a pet other than to love it. (I realize that when I saw the episode of Star Trek and the tribbles, Spock could not logically fathom why anyone would have a pet)

Attention is love, although some people seek love through attention.

Being fully and completely present in the moment, is love.

Basically all we are are love packages. 😊

Edit: I forgot to say when someone says I hate you what they are really saying is that I am withholding any ounce of love I have from you.

Last edited:
Oddly enough I just saw a Groundhog Day again. As soon as Phil convinces Rita that his love is genuine the time loop stops.

I think 1 Corinthians 13 (iirc) has it said best. Just ignore the God stuff, I don't mean that.

7 beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

There you go! This kind of love exists, I have it towards many but not mys-elf.
It's a nice idea n all, but a bit too .. do you guys have the phrase "rose madder sunglasses"?

I think the Corinthians quote is good but also that there are multiple kinds of love and that different people love in different ways.

At the core of it all though, i think, is a willingness to sacrifice your needs and desires to ensure the object of your love is happier than they otherwise would. In a genuinely loving couple that balances out over time as each partner prioritises the happiness of the other.

If its realy love it is giving of oneself kind of thing without expecting anything in return. The trick to not being taken advantage of or ending up as a doormat is to only love people who see love and happiness in a similar way.

The worst love is unrequited love.

Multiple kinds of love? I don't know, I think there is exactly one kind of *love*. But the word 'love' is used in English language so freely and without meaning, that it might foggy the real meaning.

Love is exactly this one unconditional empathetic bond between two individuals. These 'other kinds of love' are something else, but not actual love.
EDIT: Atomic: Exactly, good descriptions.
EDIT #2: No ,you can love people who dont know what is love or that may even hate you. I'll continue on this when my -B- remembers worcds.

@December Flower "Nice idea n all"? You might be one of those who are not able to love, I know many people who can't love properly. Antisocial fucktards for example. Not saying you are one of those, damaged people in general might not be able to love or realize what love is even if they are able.

Simple question - Would you sacrifice your life for another person X you supposedly love? I would.

@December Flower "Nice idea n all"? You might be one of those who are not able to love, I know many people who can't love properly. Antisocial fucktards for example. Not saying you are one of those, damaged people in general might not be able to love or realize what love is even if they are able.

Simple question - Would you sacrifice your life for another person X you supposedly love? I would.
OK, if you need to know
I'm a somewhat functional Aspie.

If I have to explain more, I'd be surprised.
I have had very beautiful relationships, but seldom off the spectrum.
Just an issue of understanding that I will sometimes need a week or two before I can see someone again in that way without screaming at them.

I'm just being honest, love isn't perfect
love is jealous, love is greedy, love is reckless, love can be caging,
love can be hurtful, love is needy.

There's two sides of a coin with everything you look at.
I think that specific verse is nicely put, lyrically, but just not entirely truthful,
looking at a majority of relationships and feelings of whatever you may define as 'love'

I don’t think love necessarily requires commitment all the way up to laying down your life for someone to be really genuine love. You can still give selflessly and generously within reasonable limits and be genuinely loving towards someone. I would think my love for my kids is effectively ‘unconditional’ and I’d give my life for them without hesitation but I don’t think I’ve never met a romantic partner I’d go that far for. It’s nice to imagine I would because I’m so gosh darn romantic, brave, and selfless but when push comes to shove I’d probably balk and bet I’d get another girlfriend just as good in due course.

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.

It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the centre of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life's betrayals or have become shrivelled and closed from fear of further pain.

I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it, or fade it, or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own; if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic, remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself. If you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul. If you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see Beauty even when it is not pretty every day. And if you can source your own life from its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand at the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, 'Yes.'

It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone and do what needs to be done to feed the children.

It doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the centre of the fire with me and not shrink back.

It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away.

I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.