View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is Ketamine like compared to DXM?

TwitchE

Greenlighter
I've heard that they're comparable from some people online, though a friend of mine says they're not comparable at all. I'm just curious what the experience is like. I've never done K, but I tripped on DXM a few times.. once being a few days ago. It kind of sucked at first because I became nauseous, and extremely itchy like my body was on fire. Also I turned extremely red like I had an allergic reaction or something. It was kind of worrisome, but I didn't really care because I've been through worse. After I got through that, I began to enjoy myself in a floaty, disconnected, happy feeling as things just came together automatically. Anyways, yeah.. what's K like in comparison?

For me it wasn't very similar. DXM just made me feel drowsy and ill. Ketamine made me feel like I was a bodyless soul floating around my house. If LSD makes your surroundings breathe, Ketamine makes your consciousness breathe. Also you will probably get some cool visuals if you close your eyes.

Very cool comparison. I was actually curious of what it would be like compared to LSD and MDMA as well, but I was afraid to ask because I thought it might have sounded silly comparing them.

I'm actually glad to hear K and DXM aren't very similar. While I liked some of the affects of DXM, I did not like the sick/tired feeling at all.. nor the alarming redness and itching. Actually, after a while I kind of liked the itching. lol. Though, the next day I had some pretty gnarly scratch marks on my body.

But yeah, with K.. my friend has told me all kinds of crazy stories and detailed visions he's had. He also said he's had visions of the future and they came true. I thought it was interesting.

K is shorter acting, much cleaner, and for these reasons safer and easier to go to complete dissociation, the k-hole.

It is highly dose dependent. Low doses you just feel kind of drunk or floaty. K-hole doses mean you don't know who or what you are, and don't remember the world. Where you go and what happens there is very difficult for me to explain, or remember properly.

Ketamine is a very clean experience compared to dxm that feel quite dirty.
However i really got alot out of the few high dose dxm i had when i was in india.

Both can be extremely spirual and powerful experiences, however i wouldnt do dxm very often, like a few times per year tops.
Ketamine though i gladly do once every few weeks.