• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What is it like on tabbaco??? And is it any good???

it takes away bordemn, gives a slight head rush, brightens colors, gives a slight stimulation thats kind of relaxting, thats what it does for me.

and they esp enjoyable while using other substances.

On a totally different note has anyone ever heard of anyone who actually tripped off of Nicotiana Rustica??

Supposedly in large enough doses of the right kind it is possible to trip on it, I think because of the scopolamine or atropine that is in it like what is in the Datura species.

Supposedly native americans did actually trip on it and I remember reading one account from an explorer a couple hundred years ago who went to some South American country and tripped off some kind of tobacco.

However, on Erowid it didn't look like there were actually any reports of anyone tripping on it and I've never heard FIRST HAND of anyone who has.

I figure if it's really true SOMEONE around here must have done it...

Tobacco has been used in tribal rites across the globe (new guinea is another example that comes to mind), because nicotine is a poison that in the right (/wrong) doses will alter consciousness.
Huffing volatile solvents will also alter consciousness and deliberate use of these 'drugs' (the word drug was used in Shakespearean times to refer to a poisonous plant, not a mind altering substance fwiw) can cause the sort of delirium associated with a safer, more pleasant psychoactives - but i sure as hell wouldnt advise anyone attempt this.

Nicotine overdoses can be lethal; habitual tobacco smoking is associated with countless health problems which will lead to a horrible death (cancer, emphysema, heart disease to name but a few). Plus its a pretty filthy habit, imo.
I dont say that to judge smokers - its just something best left alone or experienced on rare occasions. Tobacco addiction is notoriously hard to break, and has very few - if any - benefits.
Smoking was ridiculously romanticed and encouraged during the first half of the 20th Century, but we now know how dangerous and pointless it is. Addicted people derive comfort in getting a nicotine fix, but this is different from any sort of 'high', which in my opinion is completely lacking (or else tobacco would've been banned long ago, right?)
OP, you are probably far too young to be on bluelight if this is a serious question. Some of us make very poor role models.
Haha, well said keif.

Tobacco has been used in tribal rites across the globe (new guinea is another example that comes to mind), because nicotine is a poison that in the right (/wrong) doses will alter consciousness.
Huffing volatile solvents will also alter consciousness and deliberate use of these 'drugs' (the word drug was used in Shakespearean times to refer to a poisonous plant, not a mind altering substance fwiw) can cause the sort of delirium associated with a safer, more pleasant psychoactives - but i sure as hell wouldnt advise anyone attempt this.

Nicotine overdoses can be lethal; habitual tobacco smoking is associated with countless health problems which will lead to a horrible death (cancer, emphysema, heart disease to name but a few). Plus its a pretty filthy habit, imo.
I dont say that to judge smokers - its just something best left alone or experienced on rare occasions. Tobacco addiction is notoriously hard to break, and has very few - if any - benefits.
Smoking was ridiculously romanticed and encouraged during the first half of the 20th Century, but we now know how dangerous and pointless it is. Addicted people derive comfort in getting a nicotine fix, but this is different from any sort of 'high', which in my opinion is completely lacking (or else tobacco would've been banned long ago, right?)

Haha, well said keif.

So is there any truth to the rumor that Nicotiana Rustica has enough Atropine (and/or Scopalomine? forget which) to enable one to trip on it in the right (or wrong) doses for similar reasons why one can trip on Daturas?

Because that's what I'd heard.

You make it sound like ANY tobacco/nicotine can "alter consciousness" but what I'd read years ago was that there are specific differences between Nicotiana Rustica and the kind of tobacco in cigarettes and that the latter cannot be tripped on but the former can because of some kind of chemical it has in it.

Is this true and is it really possible to have an experience with visuals and/or auditory hallucinations and the like from any kind of tobacco??

You are certainly right that there are different types of tobacco, but my limited botanical knowledge cant really expand on this, so i apologise if my conjecture about tobacco generally is a bit broad and misleading.
As for atropine/scapalomine i'm really not sure, but tobacco (of the variety used in cigarettes etc - excuse my ignorance of different varieties) contains beta-carboline alkaloids, which are fairly mild MAOIs and interact with various drugs, such as tryptamines and opiates.
I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to, but you may well be right about the presence of other deliriants in other forms of tobacco.
Either way, cigarettes are shit IMO. ;)