• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc what is fentanyl like?

blackmarket91

Bluelighter
iv never seen it in real life iv heard horror stories about it due to it being powder and people mixing other things into it

is it like oxycodone? i only ever taken methadone and oxy 7.5s at times recreationally so curious about what others think of it compared to the two i mentioned

iv heard people tell me theyd rather be addicted to methadone than fent and im curious as to why someone might say that

I can only really speak for fentanyl analogues, I've never really done pure fentanyl (I have, but not enough to get me really high).

It's extremely strong physically but has very little cognitive euphoria to it.... it will do everything a high dose of opioids will do to you except, again, there is not much euphoria to it.

Even without the major euphoria it is still extremely addictive and dangerous.

When I first did fentanyl analogues with NO tolerance I was like "THIS IS FUCKING HORRIBLE AND WAY TOO STRONG". A few days later I was addicted to fent analogues.....

If that makes any sense........

Its because fentanyl is so strong that it will raise your tolerance to an ungodly level to a point where no other commonly available opioid can scratch that itch. It is also short acting so you need round the clock dosing.

I'd rather be addicted to methadone many times over. And, ive been addicted to an ungodly amount of methadone myself (380mg/day).

Its because fentanyl is so strong that it will raise your tolerance to an ungodly level to a point where no other commonly available opioid can scratch that itch. It is also short acting so you need round the clock dosing.

I'd rather be addicted to methadone many times over. And, ive been addicted to an ungodly amount of methadone myself (380mg/day).

i mean for withdrawal i guess. sure with methadone u dose once day and your good generally but coming off rather ud rather fent to metadone?

I can only really speak for fentanyl analogues, I've never really done pure fentanyl (I have, but not enough to get me really high).

It's extremely strong physically but has very little cognitive euphoria to it.... it will do everything a high dose of opioids will do to you except, again, there is not much euphoria to it.

Even without the major euphoria it is still extremely addictive and dangerous.

When I first did fentanyl analogues with NO tolerance I was like "THIS IS FUCKING HORRIBLE AND WAY TOO STRONG". A few days later I was addicted to fent analogues.....

If that makes any sense........

if thats the case and has no real high to it why even mess with it alone with the danger of it and apparently it being highly expensive?

Its because the withdrawal is horrid.

Also no euphoria from fent. Just pain killing, nod, and go to sleep (maybe not wake up).

Methadone isn't much fun either (garbage opiate outside of pain and sleep). But would rather kick that over fent.

i mean for withdrawal i guess. sure with methadone u dose once day and your good generally but coming off rather ud rather fent to metadone?

Id still go with methadone. How the hell are you going taper off fentanyl.

Methadone should be avoided though unless it's a long term play. The withdrawal is rough. It only begins to peak at around day 10 and stays there for a while.

Fentanyl withdrawal is over in 8 days. But those 8 days must be pure hell.

if thats the case and has no real high to it why even mess with it alone with the danger of it and apparently it being highly expensive?

I bought 100x cheap fentanyl presses for an amount I will not name here, but believe me it was VERY cheap. Keyword: CHEAP.... it's not expensive my dude

I snorted my first pill over a day and was like "this shit SUCKS. I wasted my fucking money"

Did all the other drugs I had....... then returned to the only thing left in my stash

started snorting about 1/4 pill twice a day

by day 3-4 I was like.... I get it.... and was physically dependent

trust me it gets you HIGH.... but not like real good opioids do....

it gets you VERY HIGH......

you ever done fent analogues????

For a while i would inject entire 100ug/hr patches ontop of the methadone. It was the only thing that would knock off the methadone from my receptors. That's almost 20mg of pure fentanyl intravenously (enough to kill a bus full of children) and id inject a couple of these a day. It is not particularly euphoric. It is a cold, surgical feeling it. For whatever reason it reminds me of some blueish green color, like a fluorescent light. Not alot of fun but definitely strong. Also trippy. At very high dose there is a sufficient amount of kappa opioid receptor agonism for it to get pretty dissociative.

r
Its because the withdrawal is horrid.

Also no euphoria from fent. Just pain killing, nod, and go to sleep (maybe not wake up).

Methadone isn't much fun either (garbage opiate outside of pain and sleep). But would rather kick that over fent.
really? fent like most short term opiates takes about 5-9 days usually tog et over the acute withdrawal right? methdone took me months to get over and still not fully over it i guess im thinking if fents like oxys or hyrocodone ect id myself rather go through it than something long term that eventually beats you down mentally

the only other drug iv withdrawn from was xanax took me 4 t 5 days till i wasnt having insane restless legs and could sleep it was quite miserable as fuck but even tho id prefer it to methadone just due to how long it takes of feeling bad even if its only like half as bad

so is fent like worse than heroin oxy ect coming off of

Id still go with methadone. How the hell are you going taper off fentanyl.

Methadone should be avoided though unless it's a long term play. The withdrawal is rough. It only begins to peak at around day 10 and stays there for a while.

Fentanyl withdrawal is over in 8 days. But those 8 days must be pure hell.
i didnt taper off methadone i cold turkeyd off 200 which is prob why it took me longer than some others iv spoken to

so your reason is due to tapering only is why ud prefer methadone?

I bought 100x cheap fentanyl presses for an amount I will not name here, but believe me it was VERY cheap. Keyword: CHEAP.... it's not expensive my dude

I snorted my first pill over a day and was like "this shit SUCKS. I wasted my fucking money"

Did all the other drugs I had....... then returned to the only thing left in my stash

started snorting about 1/4 pill twice a day

by day 3-4 I was like.... I get it.... and was physically dependent

trust me it gets you HIGH.... but not like real good opioids do....

it gets you VERY HIGH......

you ever done fent analogues????

no only drugs iv ever done before are

xanax

hydrocodone

oxy codone

methadone

and molly once took way to much got sick as fuck horrible comedown that lasted me like 2 weeks where was suicidal lol so ill never touch that shit again

only thing i was ever addicted to were xanax ad methadone

luckly the xanax was only using it for month then stopped it it prob would been worse if i was on it much longer

i didnt taper off methadone i cold turkeyd off 200 which is prob why it took me longer than some others iv spoken to

so your reason is due to tapering only is why ud prefer methadone?

Yeah basically.

If it came to a low dose of methadone or a low dose of fentanyl id probably rather cold turkey the fentanyl.

r

really? fent like most short term opiates takes about 5-9 days usually tog et over the acute withdrawal right? methdone took me months to get over and still not fully over it i guess im thinking if fents like oxys or hyrocodone ect id myself rather go through it than something long term that eventually beats you down mentally

the only other drug iv withdrawn from was xanax took me 4 t 5 days till i wasnt having insane restless legs and could sleep it was quite miserable as fuck but even tho id prefer it to methadone just due to how long it takes of feeling bad even if its only like half as bad

so is fent like worse than heroin oxy ect coming off of

But methadone withdrawal is mild. I have never once dry heaved or even puked in methadone withdrawal. Cold turkey off doses 60mg+. Coming off 3mg I barely felt anything. Was just a mental withdrawal. Didn't even miss a day of work.

The RLS, sweats, cold, dry heaving off fent is bad. But also talking fent dope. Would imagine something like the patches would be even worse.

Now if you came off 200mg of methadone, that would be pretty rough. Dependence levels are to be considered. Would probably take a minor fent withdrawal over 200mg of methadone.

I went cold turkey after 4-5 months of fentanyl analogues and I thought I had coronavirus

I'm not even joking

One of the worst withdrawals I've been thru and lasted over 2 weeks

Yeah basically.

If it came to a low dose of methadone or a low dose of fentanyl id probably rather cold turkey the fentanyl.

yeah idk i just couldnt taper got down to 18 mg once but went right back up to 200 in like 2 years then decided fuck it and went to detox for 10 days didnt do shit for me tho besides give trazodone for sleep

But methadone withdrawal is mild. I have never once dry heaved or even puked in methadone withdrawal. Cold turkey off doses 60mg+. Coming off 3mg I barely felt anything. Was just a mental withdrawal. Didn't even miss a day of work.

The RLS, sweats, cold, dry heaving off fent is bad. But also talking fent dope. Would imagine something like the patches would be even worse.

Now if you came off 200mg of methadone, that would be pretty rough. Dependence levels are to be considered. Would probably take a minor fent withdrawal over 200mg of methadone.
my brother was on methadone now sub cause he cant afford it he said he puked his guts up coming off and he was around 40 a day i guess it depends on the person?

my brother was on methadone now sub cause he cant afford it he said he puked his guts up coming off and he was around 40 a day i guess it depends on the person?

some people, like me, puke on small doses and coming off doses

keep me away from driving in cars on heroin because I will puke all over your car, friend....