• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

What is fentanyl base

chrisakabusi

Bluelighter
I know what fentanyl is I know what many of the analoques are but what is base am I being stupid I'm guessing its fent HCl but presumption could be deadly somebody help!!!!

It means it's the free base form of the compound instead of a salt like HCl

Technically without the hcl molecule attached it is the base form of fentanyl without any extra atoms and whatnot affecting not only weight, but solubility. Citric acid will help it dissolve at a much higher amount than the hcl form. Be careful and start your dose low.

Really you shouldn't touch fentanyl if I have to tell you this all I can say is if you do start low and be safe. Never take fentanyl until you can dose in ug units, which if you don't understand I highly implore you to get rid of that fentanyl safely as a lot of people can die from spilt fent.

Fentanyl base is actually more potent by weight than fentanyl hcl, I would imagine it has much lower but still non zero solubility in water.

As mentioned if you have to ask probably not a good idea.

Like i know know nothing about airplanes. It doesnt matter if i try to jump in the cockpit and go slow im likely to crash and die because i dont know even the most basic nobs and what they mean. Some things are too complex to just feel out. Now me randomly desiding to fly a plane might seem uneelated tp if i decided to do fentanyl but the similarity is both are complicicated and potentially fatal

[(Fentanyl hcl 373 grams per mol)/[(Fentanyl hcl 373 grams/ mol) - (hcl 36.5 g/mol )= 336.5 g/mol fentanyl freebase]]=1.1085-1

Fentanyl free base contains a predicted 10 - 11 % percent more fentanyl per gram then fentanyl hcl this does not account for differences in absorbson.

Correct me if I'm wrong anywhere and don't go by what I say till someone backs me up. Fent is 0.336 mols/mg and hcl 0.036 mols/mg. That would make fent hcl 0.372 mols/mg. As far as how that translates into calculating your doses.... I'm a little lost here on how to calculate these two numbers to find a percentage to compare doses of each form with equal molecular weight. If I even got the math above right so again none of this is considered correct until further discussion.

We are using the same numbers yours is just per mg mine is per gram.

This doesnt tell you how it feels mg per mg just given a gram of fentanyl hcl ans fentanyl freebase what percemtage more of fentanyl will be in one gram of the second

So basically 3.6%making up the 0.036 mols/mg difference in weight? Again wait for confirmation.

I think your confusing what percentage of 1 mole of x mg of hcl is with what percentage more in mg or grams do you need for 1 mole of fentanyl hcl to have one mole of fentanyl about ten percent moremi think idk

I also got around 10%-11% dividing the fent hcl mols by the hcl mols. Don't know, but safer to assume it is stronger and underdose than to think it weak and overdose

I arrived at the same answer exactly dividing by molar mass I think is important that more factors than total drug chemical quantity influence it's potency. I use fentanyl but I am assuming the type of acid used or lack there of could drastically alter it's potency ESP if smoked via things like boiling point maybe ECT and buccal by influencing wether or not it under goes first pass metabolism or is absorbed via the permeable membranes.

* it just occured to me that the op might not know what moles or molar mass are

Basically via two different methods we both came up with fentanyl free base might be roughly 10-11% more fentanyl mg per mg than fentanyl hcl.

However, this does not mean that just because quantitatively it be expected for both 110-111 mg of fentanyl hcl and 100 mg of fentanyl freebase to contain 100 mg of fentanyl base that taking 1.1x fentanyl hcl will feel subjectly like 1x fentanyl freebase because the chemical properties and ability to interact within your body and be absorbed could be drastically different

Thank you d1nach your first post was very enlightening on the different ways a compounds ingestion could change just from something like a salt. As well as explaining further in the second post and clarifying. I have made the mistakes of not clarifying correctly before and as we all know that could lead to problems...

** I meant I do NOT consume fentanyl or any opiates. I was just trying to address strictly the calculation of a equivalent 1 molecular equivalent of X mg of a base and Y mg of a Base Acid salt.

Also keep in mind chemicals form hydrates with water which could significantly change the density of a chemical. This could lead to unintentional deviations in accuracy in dosing.

A nondrug example is magnesium sulfate Heptahydrate the bathing salts you see in the store. This could change the molar mass from 120 g\mol to like 240 g/mol.

In cases where your dealing with drugs with a very narrow safety window this difference could be significant.

No problem taco I enjoyed talking with you and especially that we could get nearly identical values using different methods.

Swim diluted 1 gram of fentanyl hcl with 9 grams of manitol before swim mixed it over and over again in a bag then weighed it into 10mg doses to get approx 1mg\10mg before that worked fine,but swim only smokes it and wouldn't sell it in a million years! I've been wondering if swim dissolved a gram in 10ml of methanol then poured it over 49 grams of lactose and left to dry to get 200 micrograms per 100mg. Would that work? Would I avoid hot apots? Any tips??????

The liquid measurement method u mentioned is probably a little safer then just mixing powder....but u would have to evenly distribute ur liquid over the powder, I could see this being tricky....sorry I'm very stoned on some Pink Kush right now and my thinking is muddled....like say you weighed out 0.1 of powder and then add a small amount of fent solution (enough for desired dose) then let that dry....like make out piles of ur "doses" separately and add known amount of fentanyl in each one allow them to dry and keep it all separate. That should work I'd think

Swim diluted 1 gram of fentanyl hcl with 9 grams of manitol before swim mixed it over and over again in a bag then weighed it into 10mg doses to get approx 1mg\10mg before that worked fine,but swim only smokes it and wouldn't sell it in a million years! I've been wondering if swim dissolved a gram in 10ml of methanol then poured it over 49 grams of lactose and left to dry to get 200 micrograms per 100mg. Would that work? Would I avoid hot apots? Any tips??????

We don't use SWIM, so please edit your post
And imo volumetric dosing is always safer than mixing it with inert powder
But if you insist on mixing it with powder you should buy a pestle and mortar to mix it
Step 1.
Take inert powder and pestle around in mortar so the pores get closed.
Throw away excess of powder in mortar, so the only powder left is in the pores
Take half the fentanyl and half of the inert powder and mix it well in the mortar
Put the other half of the fentanyl and inert powder in mortar and mix well again

But imo it's better to make a solution and just put a few drops on some powder and let dry to smoke instead of mixing all the fentanyl with powder. This way you don't get hotspots and volumetric dosing is easy