• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is everyone doing tomorrow (Bicycle Day)?

This is gonna sound stupid but people think wow having the first LSD trip having no clue what happened?!? That's intense. But what about like milk?

I remember sitting in this TGIF's after smoking DMT for the first time and just talking about like, who invented salt? Someone filtered the water? Crazy stuff.

I just think the concept of a "drug holiday" is really dumb for some reason.

I agree. It's a bit like Thanksgiving. I think it's silly to use a holiday as an excuse to eat excessively too.

However, if I had an LSD t-shirt or baseball cap, I'd wear it on Bicycle Day. :)

This is gonna sound stupid but people think wow having the first LSD trip having no clue what happened?!? That's intense. But what about like milk?

I remember sitting in this TGIF's after smoking DMT for the first time and just talking about like, who invented salt? Someone filtered the water? Crazy stuff.

No one "invented" salt, and you can't get it from filtration either since it's in solution in water. Ancient people would have found salt in natural deposits on land or on dried crust on sea rocks at low tide, and found that it tasted good. From there people would have figured out to produce sea salt by drying out ocean water, or mine salt deposits on land. Salt is probably one of the oldest traded commodities, because in ancient times it could have been difficult to find if you're in the wrong place, and you can die without enough salt. Now days people die from too much salt.

The word "salary" comes from the latin word for salt, because at one point Roman soldiers were paid in salt (I think that's true). The word "salad" comes from salt as well, as in "salted" (in Spanish it's "ensalada" - literally "salted").

..but back on topic - it's amazing that Hofmann saw the potential in that first intentional LSD trip, with no precedent to base it on, other than his own mystical experiences as a child. Probably most people would have just freaked out and written it off. Thanks Dr.!