• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What is another functional 2-FMA alternative that gives you more motivation/reward. Help!

MephedroneCandy

Bluelighter
I have severe ADHD, and in my country, methylphenidate is the only stimulant available. I tried it, but it seemed that I metabolize it too quickly. The total duration of its effects, including the comedown, is only 1-1.5 hours, which is too short for me. I also tried methylphenidate analogues like isopropylphenidate, but they were also ineffective due to the same reason.

In my search for alternatives, I tried dextromethamphetamine, amphetamine paste, and NEP, and they worked well. However, amphetamine paste had too many cardiovascular side effects, and NEP was too fiendish. Nonetheless, NEP worked contrary to 2-FMA.

Instead of relying on darknet purchases, I prefer to buy research chemicals. I initially tried 2-FMA because many people claimed it was perfect for productivity, especially since it had low euphoria and serotonin release. However, I realized that it was useless for ADHD because procrastination, a key symptom of the disorder, is regulated by the striatum and strongly correlates to reward and motivation. While 2-FMA is excellent for stimulation (probably by regulating the prefrontal cortex more), it only partially treats ADHD compared to common stimulants. It's similar to atomoxetine in this regard.

I'm not interested in stimulants that release serotonin, such as 2-FA, as they do not provide the type of euphoria I'm referring to (satisfaction versus motivation), and they can also be more neurotoxic.

The only positive aspect of 2-FMA is that it helps me sleep very well, even when taken three hours before bedtime. In fact, it improves my sleep quality more than other stimulants and even when compared to not taking anything. It's worth noting that I didn't had tolerance except of 2 days of its use.

I'm feeling very sad and hopeless. I've been searching for a good treatment, both legally and through borderline methods, for many years. It's disheartening to think that there are medications that can effectively treat my condition (since I've tried them), but they are not available for sale in my country.

Edit: I noticed that methylphenidate, NEP or other stuff that I tried that work are a lot more balanced in DA/NA ratio than amphetamine which is extremely disbalanced in NA. I think that this is why 2-FMA did not work for me (or partially like atomoxetine) or that amphetamine gave me too much peripheral effects when reaching an effective dose.

Last edited:
I'll try mdphp, it is has a very balanced DA/NA ratio. I think it is the best option at the moment if I or anyone else does not come up with a better substance. But I'm extremely open to advices.

Last edited:
mdphp may be good based off that 1 reddit post from valerie, 4metmp feels like a more functional less jittery version of 4f-mph, but that will always be my preferred adhd med

mdphp may be good based off that 1 reddit post from valerie, 4metmp feels like a more functional less jittery version of 4f-mph, but that will always be my preferred adhd med
Yeah I read the very same post. It sounds effective. Regarding 4metmp I metabolize methylphenidate too fast and I don't want to risk with an analogue metabolized by the same enzyme.

But it is speculation because I only tried isopropylphenidate other than methylphenidate. So I'm not even sure about that. The only thing I'm sure is that I need like half gram of ritalin a day to reach normal plasma concentration and keep it stable over the day. So I didn't replanish my prescription.

Last edited:
Yeah I read the very same post. It sounds effective. Regarding 4metmp I metabolize methylphenidate too fast and I don't want to risk with an analogue metabolized by the same enzyme.

But it is speculation because I only tried isopropylphenidate other than methylphenidate. So I'm not even sure about that. The only thing I'm sure is that I need like half gram of ritalin a day to reach normal plasma concentration and keep it stable over the day. So I didn't renewed my prescription.
well IMO mph only lasts 1 hour before needing a redose, 4f-mph more like 6, and 4mtemp in the middle so that issue may have been more related to mph's very short duration

well IMO mph only lasts 1 hour before needing a redose, 4f-mph more like 6, and 4mtemp in the middle so that issue may have been more related to mph's very short duration
How is possible that people gets prescribed a recommended maximum of 60 mg a day? Anyway I needed to redose ritalin every 20-30 minuted. After 1.5 hours I had ADHD rebound and then after another 1-1.5 hours I was back to baseline.

How is possible that people gets prescribed a recommended maximum of 60 mg a day? Anyway I needed to redose ritalin every 20-30 minuted. After 1.5 hours I had ADHD rebound and then after another 1-1.5 hours I was back to baseline.
Well people prescribed 60mg is generally 3x per day and they aren't using it for the initial rush but as way to regulate their bodies dopamine through the day...most stimulants have that initial come up which you noticably feel and then a longer residual stimulation that can be subtle with stuff like mph, causing people to want to redose. You seem to be looking for something that provides a longer initial rush and so I'm gonna suggest 4f-mph again

Well people prescribed 60mg is generally 3x per day and they aren't using it for the initial rush but as way to regulate their bodies dopamine through the day...most stimulants have that initial come up which you noticably feel and then a longer residual stimulation that can be subtle with stuff like mph, causing people to want to redose. You seem to be looking for something that provides a longer initial rush and so I'm gonna suggest 4f-mph again
I don't want initial rush or recreation. I want stable long acting therapeutic effect. When I say that I need to redose every 20-30 minutes it is not because I want to chase the high, but I literally feel shit and I can't do anything. This is what made me feel that I metabolize ritalin fast.

I don't want initial rush or recreation. I want stable long acting therapeutic effect. When I say that I need to redose every 20-30 minutes it is not because I want to chase the high, but I literally feel shit and I can't do anything. This is what made me feel that I metabolize ritalin fast.
I don't think you understand that the "20-30 minutes" that you enjoy is the rush lol its just subtle for mph...you are literally describing a patttern of redosing every time the rush fades. I'm not trying to be condescending maybe I'm just explaining poorly.

edit: come up is the better term idk why I said rush its the come up that you enjoy i think because i said rush you equated it with like meth or crack rushes

I don't think you understand that the "20-30 minutes" that you enjoy is the rush lol its just subtle for mph...you are literally describing a patttern of redosing every time the rush fades. I'm not trying to be condescending maybe I'm just explaining poorly.

edit: come up is the better term idk why I said rush its the come up that you enjoy i think because i said rush you equated it with like meth or crack rushes
Exactly. But this subtle stimulation that you should have to me is fatigue and ADHD rebound. So why others have a subtle stimulation but I have fatigue and rebound? If I metabolize ritalin normally I would have the rebound after the 3 hours. Also I measured the blood pressure and heart rate every 30 minutes. They increased a little only for 30 minutes. I had to eat 400 mg of ritalin in a day without feeling much. Do you think it is normal?

Last edited:
Exactly. But this subtle stimulation that you should have to me is fatigue and ADHD rebound. So why others have a subtle stimulation but I have fatigue and rebound? If I metabolize ritalin normally I would have the rebound after the 3 hours. Also I measured the blood pressure and heart rate every 30 minutes. They increased a little only for 30 minutes and I ate 600 mg of ritalin in a day without feeling much. Do you think it is normal?
No I am in the same boat as you actually I hate mph for the same reasons you do lol 4f-mph for me gives me an actual stimulation for anywhere from 4-8 hours and can go infinitely with redosing.

Instead self-medicating with such novel chemical with one report on reddit I suggest you get extended release methylphenidate first. If that doesn’t help, just go for regular amphetamine. Have you tried it?

While taking some RC stim once in a while more so than not will prove pretty harmless, doing same everyday is far riskier than using methylphenidate or amphetamine as medication.

Instead self-medicating with such novel chemical with one report on reddit I suggest you get extended release methylphenidate first. If that doesn’t help, just go for regular amphetamine. Have you tried it?

While taking some RC stim once in a while more so than not will prove pretty harmless, doing same everyday is far riskier than using methylphenidate or amphetamine as medication.

I have severe ADHD, and in my country, methylphenidate is the only stimulant available.

Missed the 1st line?

Yeah. Missed that he tried amphetamine too. Anyway as amphetamine works good I would much rather he/she tries some way of dealing with cardiovascular side-effects of same than risk daily use of novel stimulant.

Yeah. Missed that he tried amphetamine too. Anyway as amphetamine works good I would much rather he/she tries some way of dealing with cardiovascular side-effects of same than risk daily use of novel stimulant.
If I wanted to use racemic amphetamine I would have to buy it from the darknet. But then I would just buy dextromethamphetamine and so have also few peripheral effects. But who knows the quality and who is gonna scam next. RC shops seem more reliable to me.
Imagine if what I buy from the darknet is laced with RCs lol.

If I wanted to use racemic amphetamine I would have to buy it from the darknet. But then I would just buy dextromethamphetamine and so have also few peripheral effects. But who knows the quality and who is gonna scam next. RC shops seem more reliable to me.
Imagine if what I buy from the darknet is laced with RCs lol.
Yeah I agree it’s fucked up when you have to deal with black market. While I’m still more in a favour of amphetamine for any regular use is that it’s a chemical that’s pretty easy for producing and ending with a high purity stuff ain’t that hard, and following up that with acetone wash and just to be sure with a water wash too (both of which you can do), you end up with really pure stuff. RC’s with toxic shit left ending up on market are more common than speed ending up with toxic shit on market (given it’s not cut) and given you don’t consider solvent you get inform of paste.

I would definitely feel more confident that acetone and water washed amphetamine is of acceptable purity for consumption than stuff clearly labelled – NOT FOR CONSUMPTION. Getting a test for amphetamine and making sure, or at least quite confident in what you got is a good idea, getting it sent for testing is even better idea. Only plus of getting your daily meds in form of RCs is legality. Doing RC stims for fun and novelty from time to time is another thing compared to opting for some RC as your daily med to go.