View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is a trip, really?

Drug_Head

Bluelighter
How would you describe an acid-trip? Is it a trip of your soul or of your mind?
Can your soul ever visit heaven in an acid-trip, or does just your senses amplified to the point to where you can sense the precence of the ones in the after-life?

It's a trip of the mind that can propel you to either heaven or hell.

The deciding factor is how light or dark your soul is...

Would it matter, or is it just a thing that happens in the moment? Like, say if someone have been in Heaven, would it change them, somehow?
Also, should I stay away from acid, if I am depressive, despite of it is being highly rumored for being anti-depressive? Should I watch my doses, if I'm depressive?

Last edited:
Would it matter, or is it just a thing that happens in the moment? Like, say if someone have been in Heaven, would it change them, somehow?
Also, should I stay away from acid, if I am depressive, even though it is highly rumored for being anti-depressive? Should I watch my doses, if I'm depressive?

Short answer, yes.

But only you know what you think you can handle. When you start to think you can handle more than you can, it's time to step back.

Sorry for sounding cryptic, but those that know will know.

(BTW, I dont touch classic psychedelics anymore. You can probably see why... ;) )

What are you really answering yes to; the first or the second question?

I am not really a lot depressive, so I would guess I could take a small dose, and stay mind-wise, safe?

I understand that a heavy acid-trip could "change me, man", but do you change in a way that matter, or is it all just in the moment, really (except of having memories from those trips...)?

I understand that a heavy acid-trip could "change me, man", but do you change in a way that matter, or is it all just in the moment, really (except of having memories from those trips...)?

It can definitely change you significantly as well as permanently. Suddenly, you seek answers to questions you never knew existed. Some of those questions should never be asked.

Whether or not these changes are beneficial to you depends purely upon how you interpret and process the psychedelic experience. That's the most unpredictable part.

I don't really believe than you change (except of having memories from various trips), but only want to hear what other people believe.

Ok, so, we're then talking about mental change here now? In which case it would be partly true...
What should I do, if I am feeling that's things are getting to me, a little bit? I am planning to trip again, as soon as I come across some acid again (damn you, corona... :p)
But I'm getting more depressive, (probably, in fact, because the lack of acid) What means should I use to get the trip heading in another direction, then planned for...?

This is a brain thing, not a soul thing unless the soul is the brain (or as some think a guest of the brain).

the nature of experiencing changes on psychedelics - stretching out moments and all the sensations and thoughts in them.
what gets saved from trips in your memory is limited because much of it is artifactual, being side-effects of increased resonance and of slower fading that do not occur normally.

many of those artifacts are not linked to anything in memory - "like-stuff" is linked to "like stuff" in long term memory like tuning forks chiming.

short term memory, however, which is a sliding most recent 5 minute window of our selves, is the mess of experiential activity sensed and thought of as you live your life.
This part of memory is most responsive to stimuli (than long term memory) and basically perpetuates more of it's own content, views, judgements, etc. into the ongoing now.

a strong & different impressive stimulus can kick you right past that self perpetuating short term memory contextual filter, to bring profound realizations, which, if you latch onto, can change you more or less permanently, but usually you become distracted by something else, and it is like dragging an ox through a market to make any progress at all.

What is beyond short term memory is long term memory, so that profound experience which got past your recent involvements (the 5 min window which some people call ego), is about what is already you.

Short term memory keeps reasserting into the experiential mix, So if you are lucky you get to see who you already are and you get to see how natural experiencing is, and if this can be impressive and easy to recover. you have had a great advancement.

And if you have angels or a soul visiting while all this is happening, that is just fine.

Everybody that takes LSD enters a alternative reality for 12 hours this is a scientific fact stated by albert hoffman and sandoz pharmaceuticals.

The deciding factor is how light or dark your soul is.
In my case, it’s more to do with whether I’m having a good day or a bad day.

My soul is pretty stably light, though my mortality obviously dispells me to lowly humanness. And I make no bones about that. We are who we are. I’m no saint, nor a demon.

Actually I’m on a “trip” right now. Only 53 ug but strong with lots vaped weed, edibles and kava. I’m not sure how I would categorise it really.

I mean “trip” is just an acronym for psychedellic journey I guess. Like you say FUBAR, of the mind ultimately.

It’s impossible to be conscious and to simply evade the effect of a psychedellic substance.

Ok, so, we're then talking about mental change here now? In which case it would be partly true...
What should I do, if I am feeling that's things are getting to me, a little bit? I am planning to trip again, as soon as I come across some acid again (damn you, corona... :p)
But I'm getting more depressive, (probably, in fact, because the lack of acid) What means should I use to get the trip heading in another direction, then planned for...?
I believe, providing you don’t overdo it, tripping can be like an endless, unfinished, sculpture. You can leave it how it is, or sculpt some more. Just don’t sculpt too too much without stepping back frequently enough to take a good look at your work.

What are you really answering yes to; the first or the second question?

I am not really a lot depressive, so I would guess I could take a small dose, and stay mind-wise, safe?
25 ug is an excellent precise dose for exactly what you describe seeking here.

@AutoTripper the immateriality is our own cultural invention. the brain and body make culture and they make immateriality too. it's the easiest thing to cook up.