• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines what is a strong dosage for Voacanga africana

Are you talking about seeds or root bark? The bark is used as a stimulant, while the seeds are the visionary tool.

I woulndt combine it with an maoi due to the cns stimulating effects it produces. It is traditionally used , it could get very unpleasant very fast. I have been looking for a good visionary dose, but there is no set ammount to be found. I have seen anywhere between 50 and 300 seeds for full effects. I would start at the low end of the scale. I should have some 1st person info in a few months, it is one of the few available substances I have not yet tried and I intend to do so shortly:\

paranoia9x said:
how many seeds is a gram?

You'd just be able to get a rough estimate at best. Life has a tendency to be a bit on the variable side.

You should definitely be weighing any of that stuff before ingesting it.

has anyone actually gotten anything out of these seeds, i tried i think it was about 60 and got nothing but a stomach ache

i just had discomfort-probably the same amount of seeds if not more,wasnt worth upping, havent done anything with my bark yet.

anyone tried the bark?

bumping an old thread.

has anyone had any experience with the bark? also, ive heard the seeds contain a bit of poison in them, is this just the seeds of V.A or does the iboga plant contain a bit of poison as well, im guessing not. so would V.A. seeds not be an adequate replacemtn for real iboga bark?

also, anyone with personal experience with the seeds, id love to hear it. im really interested in it, but there isnt a whole lot of info out there.

thanks
days

Bumping an old thread.

I have one gram of 1:10 root bark extract, so the equivalent of ten grams of root bark. Actually, I only have 900 mg, as I took 100 mg in a gelcap and felt nothing (allergy test). This was months ago, so I didn't gain a tolerance.

I suppose I should expect mild stimulation and maybe an upset stomach if I took the 900 mg, but holy crap, this is one of the hardest ethnobotanicals to find information about on the web.

I wouldn't call the root bark a stimulant, but it's definetely a very different trip. The seeds cause a trip with whitish visuals, increased perception of space, and stronger than average hearing. The root bark causes these yellow visuals that don't really hit your head - they tend to hit the day after you take the bark and make you extremely hungry. Both the rootbark and the seeds interfere with your ability to count and do math. I actually accidentally wound up doing jury duty while tripping on the bark - that day lasted FOREVER.

Anyway, the previous time I took the seeds, 200-300 seeds was a full trip, and 600 seeds felt like I was hitting the upper end of what I could safely take. Too many voacanga seeds makes your heart feel stuttery, and for that reason I really really would not combine it with a MAOI. MAOIs + heart unhealthy things tend to not mix well. I'm not as sure what to suggest for the root dosage - my standard dose was 2-3 gelatin capsules full of powdered rootbark, and I've taken as much as 9-10 small squares of root bark (no idea how much that was).

[Edit] Note that it is important to count out your seeds in piles of 100 or 200 BEFORE you start tripping. Once you start tripping you won't be able to count higher than around 45-50.

Further bumpage because it doesn’t seem Lake much else has been posted online about this plant since the start of this thread. If anybody else can chime in with your experiences that would be sweet. I am going to try and experiment with a couple hundred seeds soon and I’ll keep you posted.

My experience of voacanga extract from eBay:

Haven't heard of this but reading peoples comments it reminds me of hawaiian baby woodrose. I remember eating a few of those(whatever a 'dose' was) and nothing happened..

I think had 7 hbw seeds and had a fairly deep trip, only downside was the nausea.

I think had 7 hbw seeds and had a fairly deep trip, only downside was the nausea.
Yeah I dunno if I got bunk seeds or just didn't do it right or what. Tempted to try again one day.

I think one thing I really learned to be true is that any natural 'enthobotanical(?)' concoction needs to have plenty of time and care put into the process. Whether mescaline, mushrooms, ayahuasca, or any of the many seeds you can get some kind of effect off. When I did the hbw I definitely didn't have much patience and I fucked up a ayahuasca brew around the same time.

Not sure you can use Voacanga instead of Iboga plant.Voacanga contains voacangine,not ibogaine.It's way cheaper way to produce ibogaine from it's precursor voacangine,cause the plant is more abundant and grow on much more wider geographical area,than Iboga shrub...but as to use Voacanga like extract or plant material on itself i don't know really nothing.

Last edited:
Not sure you can use Voacanga instead of Iboga plant.Voacanga contains voacangine,not ibogaine.It's way cheaper way to produce ibogaine from it's precursor voacangine,cause the plant is more abundant and grow on much more wider geographical area,than Iboga shrub...but as to use Voacanga like extract or plant material on itself i don't know really nothing.
So you could make ibogaine from Voacangine with the right knowledge and equipment??

Sounds interesting since ibogaine is illegal in many places.
Any links to more information?