• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What Is A Good Drug To Remember Your Dreams? Maybe Lucid Dream?

brokedownpalace10

Bluelighter
I have had insomnia all my life and have lately attacked that and other issues with DMT. Intent ahead of mild DMT trips and a moderate effort to remember my dreams by thinking about them when I wake up has been a useful tool in my life.

So, are there any other drugs which may facilitate dream memory or control? Lucid dreaming is maybe an option but I am shying away from that. EKG's have shown lucid dreamer's brains to have more activity in "waking" areas and one of my goals is more restful sleep. People do guide their dreams and interpret them without lucid dreaming.

Anyway, TLDR: What drugs affect dreams and dream recall? In a good way, not pot and the like suppressing dreams.

I have had insomnia all my life and have lately attacked that and other issues with DMT. Intent ahead of mild DMT trips and a moderate effort to remember my dreams by thinking about them when I wake up has been a useful tool in my life.

So, are there any other drugs which may facilitate dream memory or control? Lucid dreaming is maybe an option but I am shying away from that. EKG's have shown lucid dreamer's brains to have more activity in "waking" areas and one of my goals is more restful sleep. People do guide their dreams and interpret them without lucid dreaming.

Anyway, TLDR: What drugs affect dreams and dream recall? In a good way, not pot and the like suppressing dreams.
Anytime you are coming down from a mild stim episode and drink some (3-5 drinks) alcohol -- that night you can expect extremely lifelike vivid dreams that are hard to distinguish from reality. And that you absolutely remember.

Melatonine neutral lucid deaming.

Levetiracetam horror lucid. Terrible

Having had a few insults, changed my dream's they became super lucid. Not nice.

Calea Zacatechichi is known as the lucid dream herb.

Melatonine neutral lucid deaming.

Having had a few insults,

Calea Zacatechichi is known as the lucid dream herb.
Melatonin makes my dreams colorful. Thinking of trying it again now.
"a few insults"???
I'm going to go see what Calea costs now, I think. Tried it years ago and maybe got a little drowsy. Didn't affect my dreams noticeably then.

"a few insults"???
I'm going to go see what Calea costs now, I think. Tried it years ago and maybe got a little drowsy. Didn't affect my dreams noticeably then.
Late 2020 I had 5 insult's, but its absolutely not ment as advise to promote lucid dreaming. Insult's are something I would not wish anyone to have.

"a few insult's" (got 5) no clue what they do with your brain, but Levetiracetam not only made my dreams even more lucid. Also disturbing (doing speaches outloud during your dream and waking up from your own noise) , nightmare like although as your lucid you can alway's redirect your dream.

Later after several complaint's from me about that shitty med., they put me on VPA. My dream's stayed lucid but less, but also got a lot less freaky. It was only after DETOX where the first day's I got Diazepam (80 mg) that the nightmare's vanished. And I could dream happy lucid dreams. One girl (dream) I helped a beautiful woman. And no I didn't fuck her, I behaved like a gentleman and didn't take advantage of the situation.

If your dream's are happy Calea might be what you look for. But if your dreams are no fun. Leave it.

Last edited:
I Believe it Was William S. Burroughs who had a maid or a Nanny, that one said if you smoke Opium you will have sweet dreams. He became a very famous novelist "Junky" was the name of his first novel.

Last edited:
Galantamine is always mentioned in this context and used by people trying to induce lucid dreaming but I didn't try it yet. Then we have calea which did nothing for me. Trazodone causes weird dreams in many, I had a borderline lucid one where I sunk into my mattress, turned around with it and flew out of the window. All while knowing that I was dreaming. Then my memory stops though. On another incident I saw a dead women standing next to my bed. I also had some wild dreams while on dissociatives, sometimes borderline lucid but never fully. The few times I fully recognized to be dreaming it hit me so hard and euphoric that I immediately woke up. I think lucid dreaming is an art which needs proper mental work out.

As you can tell be my username I have plenty of experience in this arena.

Of all drugs, recreational to supplement the thing that gives the craziest most intense dreams is by FAR high doses of melatonin.

Weed also lowers REM by around 30% so it will lower your dreams severely but when you quit weed you get crazy rebound dreams.

For lucid dreams specifically you’ll want a drug that causes sleep paralysis bc it’s super easy to transition from sleep paralysis into lucid dreams. MDMA causes sleep paralysis maybe one out of 20 times I used it and it’s a known side effect.

Check ld4all which is a lucid dream forum. They aren’t recreational drug friendly but the topic is discussed on there in much mor depth and knowledge than you’ll find on this forum

While DMT and lucid dreaming may be effective for some, they might not be the best fit for everyone, especially if your goal is more restful sleep.

While DMT and lucid dreaming may be effective for some, they might not be the best fit for everyone, especially if your goal is more restful sleep.
Yeah. I'm shying away from that as I said. Better dream recall has been useful to me. Now I just need to figure out how to guide my dreams to a certain extent without actually being aware in them.

There is also a number of foods that if eaten, near pass out time,( I have insomnia a lot and just pass out in my chair most nights, or early mornings if I sleep.)
Check the internet, for a list of them.

Maybe you can try to take a notebook & pen, & when you wake up jot stuff down …. maybe it could help something 💜
I go over them in my head when I first wake up, also have written down a few which seemed significant.
It's complete state specific memory. If you don't go over them or write them down in the first 5 minutes or so after you wake up, they slip away even if you remember them upon awakening. I think that basically you remember remembering them when you go over them or write them down.
I used to think I didn't dream much at all. Now I know I dream quite a bit in those last couple hours of sleep. We all do.
I'll eventually try Melatonin more regularly. It makes my dreams more colorful. Right now, I don't want the extra "energy".
Been trying affirmations and intent to guide my dreams. Intent only seems to work well with me when my brain plasticity has been enhanced. ;)

I go over them in my head when I first wake up, also have written down a few which seemed significant.
It's complete state specific memory. If you don't go over them or write them down in the first 5 minutes or so after you wake up, they slip away even if you remember them upon awakening. I think that basically you remember remembering them when you go over them or write them down.
I used to think I didn't dream much at all. Now I know I dream quite a bit in those last couple hours of sleep. We all do.
I'll eventually try Melatonin more regularly. It makes my dreams more colorful. Right now, I don't want the extra "energy".
Been trying affirmations and intent to guide my dreams. Intent only seems to work well with me when my brain plasticity has been enhanced. ;)

Black And White Wind GIF

Sweet Dreams 😊💜💫🌺🪷🍀

One option to consider is melatonin, a natural hormone that regulates sleep-wake cycles. Some people find that taking melatonin supplements can lead to more vivid dreams and improved dream recall, although individual experiences can vary.
If you're interested in exploring the spiritual aspects of dreams and how they relate to your personal growth, you might find https://meaningspiritual.com/the-sp...w-nature-s-cycles-impact-our-spiritual-growth insightful. Remember, finding the right approach to enhance your dream experiences is a personal journey, so take your time and listen to your body's needs.

I hear that Blue Lotus is a useful thing for this. Looking for a local herb shop today. Failing in that, can I ask for good sources on legal, less "controversial", herbs here?

Smoked opium can cause dream-like effects. Also, if you ingest thc for a decent period of time and then cease use rapidly, you may get some very vivid/lucid type dreaming from REM rebound (REM is thought to be the phase of sleep in which you dream).

EDIT: I just reread OP's post, feel free to disregard the bit about pot and its dream suppression effects.