• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is 3.6 grams of Delsym like/close to?

RedBow

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I've got a somewhat hard-to-answer question to ask today- what exactly does 3.6 grams of DXM Polistirex (in the form of four 5 oz bottles of Delsym) feel like?

Yes, I know how to use the search engine- one problem with that though, not a damn soul has ever posted anywhere about using that much Delsym (or at least in all the corners that I looked at) so that's why I'm asking personally, to see if anyone out there was just crazy enough to try this amount before. There's plenty of reports on people taking insane doses of Hbr, but just going off of the old "Delsym is roughly half the strength of normal DXM" doesn't cut it there- the way they metabolize is different, and from prior knowledge (I could be mistaken) I believe that Delsym actually ends up converting more of the substance to DXO by the time it runs its course- further going to show that it's not exactly comparable. I'm asking because I plan on taking this dose sometime soon, I just need to gather the materials I need and also do as much research and looking into any past experiences this high that I can to prepare myself. This isn't my first rodeo with DXM by far, I've done 1800 mg of Delsym before (a couple months ago) and really didn't even get that special of an experience, sure it was better than my past doses (usually 900 mg of Delsym) but for my body weight of 120, that's supposed to be 4th plateau and beyond (calculated by roughly converting Polistirex to Hbr for the plateau chart). I've had a lot of experience with a handful of drugs in the past 4 years, one being acid- I eventually got to the point where not even 900 ug felt like a "trip"- and one thing I've noticed is that my body reacts very oddly to a lot of drugs, something about my metabolism is highly abnormal. I've taken around a 60 mg dose of Adderall XR for my first time (and then a few other times after that) with no effects at all- 60 mg of Pseduoephedrine gives a more enjoyable time with more noticeable effects than that did- and that didn't even cause any adverse physical effects, which also is really odd because my heart rate and blood pressure are naturally very high. I'm not quite sure what it is that my body does with the drugs that I take, maybe my liver doesn't metabolize it right/fully and I only get some of the dose? Who knows, but regardless, going off of my 1800 mg experience and how it yielded effects that were far off the benchmark, I'm going to at first dose 2.7 grams and then, if I'm not going insane after a good while, I'll up it by another 900 mg. I'll definitely be making an experience report to the bets of my ability, will have a trip sitter to fill me in on the details that I miss, and also, it'll be a little while before I do that- say a week- so any and all input on here, yes that's including all of the people coming to tell me how fucking insane I must be, is appreciated- thanks for reading.

Idk man. Of all the drugs I’ve messed with DXM was amongst the least enjoyable. It was like I was on a mushroom trip and drunk at the same time and for me it was not a good time. This was 2 bottles of Delsym probably 8 years ago.

Why not experiment with another drug? Something safer or more euphoric...

In the name of harm reduction I’d honestly rather support you try cocaine or ketamine over 4 bottles of OTC cough syrup.

Idk man. Of all the drugs I’ve messed with DXM was amongst the least enjoyable. It was like I was on a mushroom trip and drunk at the same time and for me it was not a good time. This was 2 bottles of Delsym probably 8 years ago.

Why not experiment with another drug? Something safer or more euphoric...

In the name of harm reduction I’d honestly rather support you try cocaine or ketamine over 4 bottles of OTC cough syrup.
Thank you for your response, however I have to disagree in my opinion I would rather do dxm than cocaine or ketamine. I tend to stick to psychedelics more than anything. I'm not 100% sure what would happen on dxm doses over 2g, but that's why I would like to get research on that and make sure I don't just die. Even then if someone else has done it that doesn't mean I could do it and have the same effects, everyone's body is different.

Doubling your dose from 1.8g's to 3.6 is a huge jump regardless of how 1.8 felt. You are taking a huge risk, maybe just try a bit more than last time. I'm not going to recommend a dose but 3.6g seems very dangerous to me.

I've only ever taken up to ~500mg of delsym and at that dose the effects were fairly subtle so I can understand your temptations to push the experience further. Please slowly work your way up to higher doses.

Doubling your dose from 1.8g's to 3.6 is a huge jump regardless of how 1.8 felt. You are taking a huge risk, maybe just try a bit more than last time. I'm not going to recommend a dose but 3.6g seems very dangerous to me.

I've only ever taken up to ~500mg of delsym and at that dose the effects were fairly subtle so I can understand your temptations to push the experience further. Please slowly work your way up to higher doses.
Thank you, I was thinking about taking 900 mg then every two days up it by another 900 mg and stoping when it starts to become to much to handle. 2.7g could easily be my limit, I wouldn't do 3.6g without trying lower doses.

huge difference between 900 and 1800mgs. in my opinion at around 1500 all you're doing is poisoning yourself... you wont be able to tell what additional doses will be doing. they will be doing nothing good though. 1500 is just about ego-death time, and probably is that time for many. about 2hrs after you take 1800mg's i would bet a huge sum of money youre going to wish you didnt do what you just did. 6 hours after you take 1800 some very real (likely) possibilities are: psych-ward, psych ward followed by jail, extreme sickness, intense vomitting, physical injuries from discoordinated violent blunt force traumas, feeling brain dead for days or weeks or longer, and blacking out - you wont even have any idea why you're in the psych ward and a double-amputee when it hits that you indeed are there with no legs. death (like if you do it alone, or none of your friends can physically contain you and you walk into a speeding car).

granted extended release dxm may be different, but id imagine not by much once you reach a certain point. back in 2002 when i was in highschool me and some friends ordered pure dxm powder and made 500mg & 1000mg pills. out of the people who took 1500mgs - one person was arrested and did three years behind bars. found rambling incoherantly with no shirt on in the back of some poor womans car when she got in it to go to work in the morning and he got violent. another seperate person was in a mental hospital for over a year after ending up in a strangers house. another seperate individual killed himself a few months later. another seperate kid was never seen or heard from again. the internet wasnt widespread though, so one can only guess what really happened to him.

all i am saying is that if you take 2700mg's of dxm, i would say there is a 95% chance of permanantly fucking your life up really badly. its not about 'how intense of a trip can you can handle' it is that you are totally out of control and legally insane after a certain point.

I dont think atless your totally isolated from the world you could take 3.6g of delysum and not run into someone who would call the police or 911. At that dose to the typical person it might just look like your dying. Plus since it is so long lasting youll not be able to be not obviously impaired for soo long.

I loved dxm and took it like everyday for years. I dont think i could take that much without being seriously scared and scarred for life.

huge difference between 900 and 1800mgs. in my opinion at around 1500 all you're doing is poisoning yourself... you wont be able to tell what additional doses will be doing. they will be doing nothing good though. 1500 is just about ego-death time, and probably is that time for many. about 2hrs after you take 1800mg's i would bet a huge sum of money youre going to wish you didnt do what you just did. 6 hours after you take 1800 some very real (likely) possibilities are: psych-ward, psych ward followed by jail, extreme sickness, intense vomitting, physical injuries from discoordinated violent blunt force traumas, feeling brain dead for days or weeks or longer, and blacking out - you wont even have any idea why you're in the psych ward and a double-amputee when it hits that you indeed are there with no legs. death (like if you do it alone, or none of your friends can physically contain you and you walk into a speeding car).

granted extended release dxm may be different, but id imagine not by much once you reach a certain point. back in 2002 when i was in highschool me and some friends ordered pure dxm powder and made 500mg & 1000mg pills. out of the people who took 1500mgs - one person was arrested and did three years behind bars. found rambling incoherantly with no shirt on in the back of some poor womans car when she got in it to go to work in the morning and he got violent. another seperate person was in a mental hospital for over a year after ending up in a strangers house. another seperate individual killed himself a few months later. another seperate kid was never seen or heard from again. the internet wasnt widespread though, so one can only guess what really happened to him.

all i am saying is that if you take 2700mg's of dxm, i would say there is a 95% chance of permanantly fucking your life up really badly. its not about 'how intense of a trip can you can handle' it is that you are totally out of control and legally insane after a certain point.
That's interesting, I guess I just have a higher tolerance for certain drugs. I took 2.3g dxm yesterday, the extended release kind and could act normal. I got the basic effects if you were to take 900mg for the first time, such as feeling weightless, music sounded better, I felt more energized and felt like I could eat and drink nonstop if I wanted to but I also never got hungry or thirsty. I would say it was a good high, not really a trip since I didn't have any visuals.

I dont think atless your totally isolated from the world you could take 3.6g of delysum and not run into someone who would call the police or 911. At that dose to the typical person it might just look like your dying. Plus since it is so long lasting youll not be able to be not obviously impaired for soo long.

I loved dxm and took it like everyday for years. I dont think i could take that much without being seriously scared and scarred for life.
Yeah that's kind of what I'm assuming would happen on that dose, at least over 3g but maybe not. I feel like you would just turn feral and turn into one of those Florida guys on bath salts.

I had a pretty decent trip on 10 ounces. 2 5 oz grape bottles.

Biiig body high, had deja vu for hours straight. I could seriously predict what they were going to say on every channel when i was watching TV. It tripped me out. So then i took my shirt off and ran around in my backyard because it felt really robotic. It was snowing but i wasnt cold at all. Then i laid on a picnic table and looked at the stars and zoned out for idk how long. Then i woke up inside the next day.

3.6g of delsym is equivalent to 1.8 grams of DXM HBr which is enough to kill you without tolerance. I would absolutely not make such a huge jump, raise it more slowly.

I had a pretty decent trip on 10 ounces. 2 5 oz grape bottles.

Biiig body high, had deja vu for hours straight. I could seriously predict what they were going to say on every channel when i was watching TV. It tripped me out. So then i took my shirt off and ran around in my backyard because it felt really robotic. It was snowing but i wasnt cold at all. Then i laid on a picnic table and looked at the stars and zoned out for idk how long. Then i woke up inside the next day.
That deja vu stuff is actually crazy, I remember seeing something happening and being like wow I had a dream about this. Also the body heat you get is amazing, it can be freezing and it'll feel like 70-90 degrees to me.

3.6g of delsym is equivalent to 1.8 grams of DXM HBr which is enough to kill you without tolerance. I would absolutely not make such a huge jump, raise it more slowly.
I slowly raised what I was taking up and took 3.7g about 2 days ago, you definitely feel like an animal on it.

I really think that this is entirely too much Dextromethorphan (DXM). It gives me no joy to have to tell you that you would be better off doing Heroin or Meth than taking potentially lethal dosages of OTC drugs.

Just because you enjoy a comparatively lower dose of a drug doesn't mean you can apply that in a linear fashion to higher and higher dosages. People love Cocaine, but when you do too much, which is pretty easy to do, you feel like you're dying from a heart attack. It is a truly frightening experience.

Not so frightening that you stop doing Cocaine, but that is a different topic for a different thread.

I think I get the gist of what is being discussed here, but I feel I must be missing something important, as these dosages are several times higher than what I would ever personally condone.

Is there a decimal or some shit that I'm missing?

I really think that this is entirely too much Dextromethorphan (DXM). It gives me no joy to have to tell you that you would be better off doing Heroin or Meth than taking potentially lethal dosages of OTC drugs.

Just because you enjoy a comparatively lower dose of a drug doesn't mean you can apply that in a linear fashion to higher and higher dosages. People love Cocaine, but when you do too much, which is pretty easy to do, you feel like you're dying from a heart attack. It is a truly frightening experience.

Not so frightening that you stop doing Cocaine, but that is a different topic for a different thread.

I think I get the gist of what is being discussed here, but I feel I must be missing something important, as these dosages are several times higher than what I would ever personally condone.

Is there a decimal or some shit that I'm missing?
This is all just for my personal research, I'm not saying go and try what I do. However I'm not going to stop you, but you do have to research what you're taking and learn about how much your body can handle. If you take 900mg and get an insane trip then that's where you should stop at and not go any higher.