• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc What intoxication drugs considered safe for people with tinnitus?

Fortuna 117

Greenlighter
Need relief are there drugs which are considered less toxic or make you high?

Would be helpful if the drug knocked you out at a certain dosage.

Following as I have a bit of tinnitus.
All I hear are crickets 24/7 but they are the good kind: Like on the porch in the country on a balmy night. Crickets chirping in the distance. To me it is relaxing and calming... but then I am a country-boy.
I know others that hear differing "sounds" and most abhor the phenom.
Hope you get the answer you came for, OP.
Can't opine re: anything for relief as mine is comforting to me and I welcome them....
One

Edit: Does the tinnitus keep one from drug-use? Never heard of this....

Following as I have a bit of tinnitus.
All I hear are crickets 24/7 but they are the good kind: Like on the porch in the country on a balmy night. Crickets chirping in the distance. To me it is relaxing and calming... but then I am a country-boy.
I know others that hear differing "sounds" and most abhor the phenom.
Hope you get the answer you came for, OP.
Can't opine re: anything for relief as mine is comforting to me and I welcome them....
One

Edit: Does the tinnitus keep one from drug-use? Never heard of this....

Mine sounds like a hiss or static.

But, it is catastrophic levels where you hear it over traffic so any relief from this crap condition will do.

Need relief are there drugs which are considered less toxic or make you high?
Can the statement above be expounded upon? Not sure if one is asking for something to not be psychoactive (make one "high/buzzed") or something totally different (that one wants to get buzzed)?
Thanks

Been thinkin' 'bout this today at work and even though the crickets (mine) are an asset more than a liability (so far) I never paid it much mind.... Been on dope (of many kinds) for years and years and I cannot recall if any one or combo of these substances has an effect (either muting or turning the volume up). I wake up to my little friends and go to sleep by them.
I feel for you and truly hope some-one may be able to help out.

Can the statement above be expounded upon? Not sure if one is asking for something to not be psychoactive (make one "high/buzzed") or something totally different (that one wants to get buzzed)?
Thanks

Been thinkin' 'bout this today at work and even though the crickets (mine) are an asset more than a liability (so far) I never paid it much mind.... Been on dope (of many kinds) for years and years and I cannot recall if any one or combo of these substances has an effect (either muting or turning the volume up). I wake up to my little friends and go to sleep by them.
I feel for you and truly hope some-one may be able to help out.

Might just give alcohol a try and take a bunch of nootropic to protect the ears.

Something tells me this may not be the best idea/option... not sure why and have nothing to back me, ATM.
Guess the wits-end has been reached?