• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos What in the fuck did I do? Or should I give it a couple more weeks?

No, not TEVA. I hated that brand, Kottonmouth. And as for Paradoxical reactions, and with so much conflicting info out there, including my condition, I really don't know. I've heard it could take a couple weeks, but at the same time, every other time I've gone back on it, it's worked almost instantly. So idkwtf - Could it be the Baclofen? I've never been on both at the same time. I think I'm going to start taking my Cogentin and Propranalol again. I really dkwtf

I haven't read through every post so I might have missed something as this seems kind of obvious, but if cswitching from diazepam to clonazepam is causing these problems, why don't you have your doc switch you back to diazepam?

I haven't read through every post so I might have missed something as this seems kind of obvious, but if cswitching from diazepam to clonazepam is causing these problems, why don't you have your doc switch you back to diazepam?

let me get that for you..

One reason being my Doctor said that he won't change it again or put me on Diazepam 20-25 3x Daily. He said if he did either 15 or 20 would be as much as he'd prescribe...

:\

Yes and even if they meant 20-25 mg *total* , really --being on a total of 30 mg previously (10 mg X 3 times per day), dropping 5 mg of diazepam per day may be much less of an issue than all this other stuff.

Good point Slow_Mobius.

Yes and even if they meant 20-25 mg *total* , really --being on a total of 30 mg previously (10 mg X 3 times per day), dropping 5 mg of diazepam per day may be much less of an issue than all this other stuff.

Good point Slow_Mobius.

True. But I didn't do that great on it. I did better on Clonazepam previously which is why I am confused. I'm worried that it won't work and hopeful that at some point it will feel therapeutic and reach it's full or at least a good efficacy.

Did you start the magnesium at the time you switched benzos ?
As mike.vick said, it too act on Gaba and ime it made my anxiety worse

I stopped a couple days ago. Though I do have a protein shake that I believe has some magnesium in it. The only other think I take other than Baclofen is Aspirin for my headaches.

I stopped a couple days ago. Though I do have a protein shake that I believe has some magnesium in it. The only other think I take other than Baclofen is Aspirin for my headaches.

It might be the congetin. Pop one and see if it goes away.

Like I said, I don't take it anymore but I have refills I could get. I do have propranolol. Still, what do you think. Another week or so?

You're on a much higher equivalent dose of clonazepam than valium. I doubt it's an adjustment--especially if clonazepam has worked for you in the past. If your physical symptoms are exacerbated by anxiety, the propanolol could make a difference, but it's really not going to do much outside of controlling your heart rate and blood pressure. In fact I wouldn't take any propanolol without specifically asking your doctor with the high dose of clonazepam you're taking. You could experience hypotension with that combination.

I agree with mike.vick. Cogentin might be making the difference. Its just so hard for any of us to say with any certainty since benzo tolerance and WD can be so finicky. Your posts also seen really scatterbrained. I really mean no offense by that. I know switching around meds can really fuck with you're ability to think straight.

I'm wondering if I'm having a paradoxical reaction. Something I was worried about before for a reason, as I've been on and off of these things 5 times before. 1.) I feel very restless 2.) The skin on my head is crawling and 3.) My cranial, neck and facial muscles seems to have more of a pull to them/pain 4.) Sleep is starting to get harder. I'm also on Baclofen which I've never responded well to but cannot get off of. How will I know? I've asked Doctors about this before and they haven't acknowledged it. The reason I ask and worry about that is 1.) It will be a nightmare if I am and having to come off both or one due to both not having anything to manage my symptoms from Dystonia as Botox barely makes a dent and I've tried 3 other medications that I can't take and also the idea of having to stop abruptly will be horrifying. The last time I withdrew from Clonazepam, stupidly and rapidly by a psychiatrist, I ended up in the ER with more pronounced tremors, neck stiffness and pulling as well as the closest I've felt to psychosis and sheer and utter panic/doom in my life for about 5 1/2 weeks. My neck would just snap back or to the side and I looked/felt like I had Parkinsons. So, in anyone's personal opinion, not asking for medical advice, because my Doctors don't really have a clue, how do I identify this and confirm it? Also, why I quit the diazepam. I was more dizzy, talkative, agoraphobic and my myoclonus was bad. My myoclonus isn't bad right now, but the muscle pain, pulling, lack of sleep so far, restlessness, bad spasms etc are really kicking my ass most of the day. As for Baclofen, 2 weeks after I took it, I felt a buzzing in my head w/tinnitus and felt tighter in my head and neck. Problem is, they haven't been able to wean me off of it. As Slow_Mobius said, I seem more "scatter brained". I take no offense to that. Because that's what I'm worried about. I know I am. Thanks, and take care.