• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What If Everyone Was In A Permanently Altered State?

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
Lets just say for hypothetical purposes, because it is impossible for everyone to be tripping 100% of the time and the whole world to simply never come down. The only way I could imagine this would be if some sort of weird, freakish unknown thing happened that caused it. I can't possibly imagine what though. In this hypothetical scenario, there wouldn't be anyone sober, everyone was permanently shifted into the psychedelic state from birth to death from some sort of weird supernatural occurrence or a bizarre, little known principle in physics. There would no longer be any concept of sanity and insanity, since everyone would likely be acting "insane" in their own ways. There wouldn't be any culture, since everyone would probably just kind of be acting in their own idiosyncratic ways. Plus, people would just have their own ideas and not really remember stuff very well. Some, if not most, people might have some off the wall ideas with no basis in consensus "reality" that would be deemed "crazy" today by sober people, but it wouldn't matter since everyone would be tripping. Yes, people would struggle with most tasks with the modern world. Most likely, the collective idea would probably be to abandon attachments to things like electronics. People would likely just adapt by living a simpler lifestyle, kind of like caveman in a way. Some people would likely have brilliant ideas, due to the fact that everyone was perma-tripping. So, things would be simpler, since no one would really be able to function in what is currently considered "sane" and "normal". However, there would probably sporadically be some incredible inventions. Who knows, somebody would probably have some genius idea like building a time machine or something eventually. Maybe not, but there's probably a good chance. I also bet people would probably just toss clocks, because time wouldn't make any sense. I've sometimes wondered about this, even though it is an implausible scenario.

I've wondered the same thing about if everybody were high permanently, and everyone was just born baked out of their gourd from birth to death. However, realistically that would probably just result in a milder version of the same thing. People would probably just be less attached to culture and less attached to norms. They'd still have a basic sense of reality, so it would just be kind of a different version of what we have now. If the whole world were perma-high rather than perma-tripping, people would probably just sit around and do nothing most of the time. So, it would just turn the human race to being more like a philosophical version of sloths or something =D Plus, all the tv channels would probably just become either comedy or stuff that's really colorful and "cool" looking.

If everyone were perma-drunk, it would just make everyone really dumb and reckless. Basically, people are already idiots most of the time. With that, it would just generally turn everyone into even bigger morons than they are, which obviously wouldn't be good 8( In a way, I think it would basically be like an exaggerated version of what we already have, everyone just being idiots most of the time.

Last edited:
many of us live our life at least baked or on something 24 hrs a day. and we still function in a non baked world seemlessly. however a world where 100 percent of ppl where high would be crazy

If everyone was stoned all the time it would kinda be like that movie idiocracy

That sounds about accurate =D Kind of though, because I've had some really smart ideas while high, so I think it'd be like a mix of straight retarded like idiocracy and the occasional bursts of near genius =D

Perhaps the intoxication could result in the famous symptoms associated with benzodiazapine abuse, the delusion of sobriety. Have any of y'all ever attempted convincing people on high doses of benzodiazapines they were intoxicated? This is nearly impossible. Regardless of objective evidence the intoxication is causing harm they vehemently claim nothing is wrong and they aren't impaired period.

On that day I could explain our society incarcerated historically unprecedented amounts of citizens, our annual national deficit is perennially unsustainable, our society is involved in constant war, our government is involved in the most sophisticated and oppressive surveillance in the history of humanity, and the only thing worse than the surveillance is the secret police unconstitutionally using the surveillance in oppressing peaceful dissent as well.

Even if I could truthfully say the only thing as extreme as the opulence and luxury of the genetically lucky elite was the hopeless fate of the genetically unlucky and disenfranchised mentally ill.

Frankly, I could run and run and run and run my notion past that peoples mostly deaf ears.

Run and run and run and run my point I may and only to barely convey,

constant happiness is worse than constant sadness.

Last edited:
Well, I mean we are all affected by chemicals all the time. It's not like some arbitrary number of people are "normal" blank slates while others are "not normal" and stoned. We're all constantly "altered", some just might be more obviously than others.

Everything's relative of course. I've read a lot about Van Gogh, for instance, and while he definitely drank his share of absinthe, he seemed like he was just an "out there" guy, naturally, so far as I can tell. Was he more "stoned" naturally? Was he unbalanced, mentally ill, creative, whatever you'd like to call it? More than you? More than me?

Who knows.

Everything's relative of course. I've read a lot about Van Gogh, for instance, and while he definitely drank his share of absinthe, he seemed like he was just an "out there" guy, naturally, so far as I can tell. Was he more "stoned" naturally? Was he unbalanced, mentally ill, creative, whatever you'd like to call it? More than you? More than me?

I'd be the first to agree that it's impossible to define what "normal" is, but Van Gogh did cut off his own ear. If somebody's a danger to themselves because of their "permatrip", I'd say that's definitely a problem for them and those around them. Of course, his issues may have been simply a response to something in his environment, as is usually the case with people that have problems along those lines.

People in the wild would be fascinated by the fur of tigers and get eaten.

I like the idea that at some point humans actually were permanently tripping without taking anything and that we got rid of it because of evolution.

People in the wild would be fascinated by the fur of tigers and get eaten.

I like the idea that at some point humans actually were permanently tripping without taking anything and that we got rid of it because of evolution.

That could be....... and yeah that's kind of true about the tiger thing. I could definitely see somebody that was tripping some major balls just walking up to one like, "woah, that fur looks absolutely sick....... I just want to feel it, that'd be so cool......... ahhhhhhh, it's eating me!"

We are, always constantly in altered states... Our brain is constantly releasing a flurry of chemicals dependent on anything we're doing, which is getting us high. It's really a question of whether you feel these.."natural" chemicals because of the other..."non-natural" you're ingesting...!8(

If I were Kim jung-whatever the fuck I'd halt the nuke program. I would start building flying saucers that blew PCP smoke.

I would send them all to America to envelop the country in angel dust.

This would immediately halt all important activity such as farming, water supply etc.

I would build a giant robotic version of myself. For one week the dust smoke floats as I use Chinese brainwashing techniques such as putting auditory hallucinations in people's heads with x-rays.

They would start worshipping the robot unless they were Christian, and they would fight to the death to stay faithful and not bow before a communist robot idol.

Then shit, I don't know, nuclear Armageddon and Christ returns.

^^good idea, but could it spray LSD also.
I'll put this in chapter six of "What to do with your drone"

Yeah man, this alteration of which you speak. Eggs and toast is mind altering, let alone the coffee.

I agree. We are all in a perminately altered state.

Except we're really not. The multiplicity of chemicals and hormones relesed constantly are what create the baseline state. Its to that state that we compare other states.