Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What Have Psychedelics Taught You?

jakiejo

Greenlighter
Exactly what the topic says

LSD Taught me the true beauty the world around us possesses after taking it for the first time I felt connected with nature and it still sticks even after the trip.

DMT showed me there could be other plains of existance and higher powers.

MDMA cracked me out of my shell I had horrible social anxiety in high school until I first rolled then I made a ton of friends (long after the ecstacy wore off)

Post the lessons you have learned can not wait to read :)

Last edited:
Difficult to put it into words because you tend to have to fall back on self-help cliches. It just makes life worth living. Makes you laugh, helps you with any emotional problems you have, makes you feel less alone, helps you over the grief of losing loved ones.

The characteristics of each psychedelic for me are - mushrooms and oral DMT are the ones I use if I feel like crying or working through an emotional problem, LSD is purely about joy, euphoria, and laughter.

Paychedelics have taught me that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself simultaneously in each of our unique set of dimensional circumstances.

I've learned a lot from my encounters with psychedelic drugs.
Mostly about myself. I used to be very disconnected to my emotions as a teen and Im 100% sure that psychedelics helped me get into better contact with the "world" within.
It caused me to be a better person, have a better perception at what I consider "real value" in life and it made some already good friendships even stronger.
A few months after my first mushroom experience, I broke contact with several of my "friends", 'cause they really wasn't friends but just some messed up teens who needed someone to smoke weed with.
Im sure I would have realised this sometime down the road anyways, but it happened much faster due to the psychedelics.

There was some major downsides to this too though.
I have always been a person who asks questions but the psychedelics made this even more pronounced.
In the physical world that surrounds us, this can be a problem. At least, to me it was, and it's only gotten worse as I've grown older even though I only use psychedelics rarely.
It seems to me like it doesn't really matter where you cast your attention, every thing is corrupt. Capitalism (most often sold as democracy) has taken it's toll on the world and there ain't anything anyone can do to stop it, we are way past the point of no return. War for unjustified reasons, world hunger, the propaganda machine Aka mainstream media, it's all a bunch of bulls***. Not only that, but the common citizen are fead lies every single day from people that we should be able to trust (media, politicians, the medicinal industry and such), the worlds resources are being distributed in a very unfair manner (the wealthiest 10% of the population accounts for about 56% of total consumption while the poorest 10% accounts for 0,5 %, I mean seriously, wtf!?)

Im not blaming this on the psychedelics per se, as I would probably have come to that knowleadge anyways as I grow older, but Im pretty sure that the drugs speeded up the process a lot and realising that the world pretty much sucks for the average person was not an easy one to swallow as an already pretty messed up teen.
Today, Im 24 and dealing with several psychological problems.

I don't regret my use in anyway though, I'd much rather be in hell, well knowing where I am, than living in a delusional heaven.

Psychedelics have taught me a lot about death, living, nature, oneness with other beings, family and how I truly feel about the world.
They have taught me about love and purpose. It be pointless to try to put into words as in sure most of you can understand,
But overall they have aided me in being, what I believe, a more loving and compassionate being.

Psycedelics taught me that each person has a purpose.

The purpose to life is to express in whatever way the you that you are.

The you that you are doesn't come out right away.

The lesson is individuality breeds change.

Change is important.

Yeah that's real fucking profound. So what do you do in prison when you've got to defend yourself? Express a punch or a kick to the groin?

Why are you posting in here dude? Just looking to bash on everyone who likes psychedelics?

Iboga taught me that practice does not always make perfect. Generally one needs to consider that what is being done is chiefly worthwhile, and a harmonious choice for the subject.

This proved especially true with the act of emesis - I do not feel necessarily more proficient, despite a lot of practice with the help of the psychedelic in question. :)

Yeah that's real fucking profound. So what do you do in prison when you've got to defend yourself? Express a punch or a kick to the groin?

I like how this bashing makes no sense. It makes me wonder what you consider profound. Insulting BlueLighters, amirite? Punch express, yep.

Anyway, I think each chem sheds a different light on what's out there in the world. It's almost like different realities exist at the same time.

It's taught me how powerful some of this stuff is. It can change you for the better or worse. I think substances are all intrinsically valuable and should be treated that way. I became more open and talkative because of them, and it made me aware of all the shortcomings I possessed, that I never even admitted to myself while living the sober life. It definitely had helped me spiritually, even though it wasn't intentional. I use to be very stubborn and prideful to a fault, but since then I haven't been and it helped me see things a lot more clearly.

Psychedelics have helped me personally and spiritually. I used to be shy and not confident in myself, but my use of psychedelics helped me to get over that and now I am able to talk to anyone and I feel an easy confidence in myself. They also helped me to understand how my personality is composed of multiple facets, some of which were battling each other and causing me internal conflict, and being aware of that, I was able to (mostly) resolve it.

They also helped me spiritually to a significant degree... especially my first trip (which was mushrooms). In the space of a few hours (or really, a single moment where I reached the peak), I went from a cynical atheist who believed that spirituality did not exist to more or less what I believe today, which is what I described a few posts up.

Iboga also had a tremendous influence on my life in a unique way from everything else; it eliminated my opiate addiction both physically and mentally and helped me achieve the motivation to live a better life and take care of myself.

For me, psychedelics have helped me through various stages of personal development. They have taught me about respecting each substance as an entity, for all things are alive and have their own consciousness.

I have learned about the nature of God, that the concept of God is simply (and complexly) a babushka doll. I think of myself as a cell in a larger organism which could be earth (think gaia theory), which is a cell in the larger organism that is the cosmos. This goes on for many layers, I think. And we are all bound by energy and that energy is love. I have found the importance of transmitting love to the best of my ability at all times. This, ultimately, is spirituality. Love and fogiveness.

Whatever we do to others and the world around us, we do to ourselves. This is another big lesson.

LSD has definitely been a more analytical psychedelic for me, and has not been as much of a teacher as a tool. For this reason, I no longer believe in LSD for growth and prefer plant teachers such as mushrooms or San Pedro cacti because I believe that they contain wisdom that transcends our world. Man-made molecules lack the full spectrum of alkaloids that plants contain, thus losing the full essence and spirit of the plant. It's as if someone extracted all the serotonin from my body and said "if we drink sidestyle's serotonin, we will learn all the wisdom he has to teach." You would learn much more if you were to talk to me or if you were to make a diagnosis of my full body and brain. I believe plants are the same way and the chemicals that they contain. Smoked and injected DMT, for example, hardly have the transformative effects of ayahuasca (though I haven't taken ayahuasca yet).

I have taken many RCs and they have taught me things, but the knowledge did not come from an outside entity or "source." It was simply shifts in perception.

We are all one!

My recent forays into dissoiatives have been much more profound than I ever would have thought, I've tended to dismiss dissociative as "soul-less"?...anyway, dissociatives, namely, MXE and 3-meo-PCP brought a feeling of "connectedness" that is stronger than anything I've ever felt on any other substance.
Like I could see "everywhere" ans I could feel other peoples emotions...? and I just felt , well...connected.
It's hard to describe, as I'm sure many of you know.

I get that from MXE as well... a deep feeling of connection, where everyone on it with me feels the same shifts, can sometimes tell what each other is thinking, etc. One time my friends were starting to talk about soldering which they knew about because they build instruments, and I suddenly had this flash of how it works, though I have never done it or learned about it before, as if I had read my friend's mind. I proceeded to explain it to them and they were shocked when I was accurate.

Yep, MXE is currently my "DOC" above all others, due in a large part, to the connected feelings I get.

Mescaline showed me that in all the hard times in life I always ended up ok afterwards. It told me that no matter what, I can always make myself be ok again.

LSD showed me that the fear of psychedelics is irrational and that the bad trip I was so scared off of happening again wouldn't come again if I stopped being scared of it. This same principle applies to everything that scares you in life... I think I'm still integrating all those thoughts from my LSD abuse days 3 years ago x). It's also helped me to understand my intuition more and how to use/trust it more effectively. It also catalyzed my ways of listening to and appreciating music.

Mushrooms taught me about the cycle of life. On one 8th dose I had a vision of a little girl that I was "told" was my daughter. For a split second I knew what it felt like to be a "dad" and see your child. I went on to realize that you get thrown into this world knowing nothing. Go through the formalities of school/university and learning what life is all about. At some point you reach a point where you've learned enough and it's time to pass that knowledge on to your kids. Making sure that their life ends up better than yours, because you passed on USEFUL knowledge to them...

Last edited:
Psychedelics helped me realise that there is no such thing as value, as good or bad, in an objective sense. The quality of your life is purely subjective. You have the choice, at all times and in all circumstances, to make the decision about how you will feel. Everything is relative, nothing is of more importance then anything else unless we make it so. We have the complete and fully-formed power to make our life whatever we want- and it is the realisation of this that will lead to actual unconditional happiness and contentedness. The only real choice we need to make is when we will take up, and use, that power. Unlike so much, it is there for everybody and at any time. :)

I struggle to enact that at times, but certainly, the drugs LSD, ayahuasca and mescaline have taught me that this enacting is (should be) the ultimate goal of existing. And, furthermore, living a good life is not as difficult as we think. <3 Thus, there's no reason to ever give up because you are ALWAYS extremely close to the ultimate truth; it is ever present and so close that it can be hard to see; but, maybe, not that hard. Just gotta look :) <3

Psychedelics especially shrooms my favorite learning tool , has taught me all about myself and ego loss , it showed me the uniqueness we all possess as individuals and I along with others should always stay true to themselves. It brought me out of a long depression and bitterness towards life and showed me the beauty of life which has lasted with me even to this day. Shrooms also made me look at things objectively , it helped me get out of an adhd problem I had and showed me there are other dimensions to life we aren't aware of. Shrooms even brought out dp/dr (including cannabis use) which is a spiritual journey of its own right now.

I hate people. I don't want any connection with people. I despise it. My eyes burn with hatred and disgust.

I was in the same boat as you , I grew out of it , people are awesome they are funny and unique. We are born to communicate with others , thats why people in solitary confinement go crazy. The fact that youre posting on here means that you dont hate people.