• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

what has worked the best for recovering from long term comedowns

pmz, could you try to explain thoroughly how your sleep has improved? I know you have said that your sleep is mostly good, what does that mean? I'm not talking about whether you feel refreshed, I'm talking about the actual sleep at night.

What I want to know is:

1. What has been the actual problems you've experienced? Difficulty falling asleep, difficulty maintaining sleep, or just waking up too early?
2. When did sleep start to improve? (In months)
3. When did your sleep get to a point that is close to normal (in months)
4. Do you really have sleeping problems still, or has it resolved?

Thanks in advance bro

pmz, could you try to explain thoroughly how your sleep has improved? I know you have said that your sleep is mostly good, what does that mean? I'm not talking about whether you feel refreshed, I'm talking about the actual sleep at night.

What I want to know is:

1. What has been the actual problems you've experienced? Difficulty falling asleep, difficulty maintaining sleep, or just waking up too early?
2. When did sleep start to improve? (In months)
3. When did your sleep get to a point that is close to normal (in months)
4. Do you really have sleeping problems still, or has it resolved?

Thanks in advance bro

At first I couldn't fall asleep at all. And when I did I would sleep for minutes at a time. Only to wake up and lay there for hours again and repeat.

(8 months)Then it got better to where I could sleep for a few hours, but I was extremely light sensitive. So any sunlight through my window would wake me up. I had to sleep with a blind fold on

(10 months)Slowly it got better where I would fall asleep fine once my anxiety was gone. Yet i would wake up multiple times a night and could never get a full night sleep.

(12 months)Then I stopped taking all my supplements that have a Neuro transmitter effect. Like phenylalanine, theanine, 5-htp. And started sleeping better. This is within the last month. I don't wake up as often throughout the night. I fall asleep just fine as well.

(13 months) Though now I seem to have something waking me up again. I have changed nothing. Or so I think. I'm investigating why I'm waking up so much This last week. I think I'm just coming down with my annual lung cold, where I have trouble breathing. So I just think that's what waking me up. I wake up out of breath. This is a common annual thing for me. So I believe it's totally unrelated.

But now. Regardless if I wake up a few time throughout the night. I'm not going through my day totally groggy. Like today I feel fine. I turned on my humidifier last night and seemed to not wake up as much.

I also noticed that I need to go to sleep my 10 the latest to get a good night sleep

I also can't eat anything past 9. I believe my body is still trying to digest food which disrupts a normal sleep pattern.

Also I drink about a gallon+ of water a day. I have to stop drinking at around 8 at night. Otherwise I have to get up to pee

Also just had a random thought. We are all guys having this problem. With the exception of maybe 1. I wonder why that might be

I think I've been trying too hard to recover. I feel like I need to learn how to take things as they are and go with it and stop trying to change it for what it is. I'm getting better with this. But it's still a challenge for me. I do way to much comparing and I almost don't know how not to do that.

Dude. This is the key. I had this problem for the majority of my comedown. Once I was finally able to just relax and take life as it came to me instead of constantly worrying about my comedown, things improved extremely quickly. It is MUCH easier said than done, it cost me almost 2k in therapy to finally convince myself to relax.

I finally had to get bored of the idea of a comedown and realize that you never feel 100%, you just dream of it when you are disassocated. I truly thought that before my comedown I felt fine all of the time. The reality is, I didn't feel 100% all of the time. I would be tired or zoned out and I would be like this is normal. Where as with the comedown if I felt tired or zoned I would be like oh fuck my brain is fried.

Dude. This is the key. I had this problem for the majority of my comedown. Once I was finally able to just relax and take life as it came to me instead of constantly worrying about my comedown, things improved extremely quickly. It is MUCH easier said than done, it cost me almost 2k in therapy to finally convince myself to relax.

I finally had to get bored of the idea of a comedown and realize that you never feel 100%, you just dream of it when you are disassocated. I truly thought that before my comedown I felt fine all of the time. The reality is, I didn't feel 100% all of the time. I would be tired or zoned out and I would be like this is normal. Where as with the comedown if I felt tired or zoned I would be like oh fuck my brain is fried.

Yeah you are 100 percent right about everything. Especially thinking everything was fine before the come down. I think 2 things stop me from forgetting about it. My vision and my response to music that is a constant reminder. I don't even have much of brain fog at the moment. I might feel spacy but I think I always am. There is just a few things distracting me from totally feeling like I can concentrate on something. There for interpreting that as brain fog. When I'm really just distracted.

Just more acceptance and releasing. This is why I'm working so intensively with things of the healing arts and alternative medicine, such as yoga, meditation and medicinal herbs and spirituality. I feel like the mind has more healing to do than the brain.

EVERYTHING THIS IS, IS COMPLETELY CORRECT. I have finally recovered (apart from floaters) through this exact method. I was ALWAYS tired before all this happened, but anything that happens to you now, you associate it with the comedown, when you're just tired! Hahaha. Great post Dawglaw!

Pmz - I also had blurry vision issues. You know what I realized? My vision is just blurry. Before, I didn't even notice it because I was so used to it. I can still read and see fine but when I am not focusing, my vision is just generally a bit blurry. It is natural. But if I think about it, I will be like fuck why are my eyes going to shit.

Your mind can be a real fucker.

Edit:

Why do guys have this problem? My hypothesis is that we are all generally intelligent and tend to be very aware of ourselves. We took drugs, kickstarted some anxiety and ran to the internet and compounded the problem by reading really scary shit. I am a hypocondriac and I definetly blame hypocondria for at least contributing to my comedown. I have learned to manage it now but I have go online to webmd and diagnosed (and subsequently terrified myself) with some VERY nasty health problems before.

Turns out I was just being a paranoid asshole. I am fine now. I have learned to go to the doctor instead of saying "you're a lawyer, you're smart, you can figure out what is wrong via google."

Pmz - I also had blurry vision issues. You know what I realized? My vision is just blurry. Before, I didn't even notice it because I was so used to it. I can still read and see fine but when I am not focusing, my vision is just generally a bit blurry. It is natural. But if I think about it, I will be like fuck why are my eyes going to shit.

Your mind can be a real fucker.

Edit:

Why do guys have this problem? My hypothesis is that we are all generally intelligent and tend to be very aware of ourselves. We took drugs, kickstarted some anxiety and ran to the internet and compounded the problem by reading really scary shit. I am a hypocondriac and I definetly blame hypocondria for at least contributing to my comedown. I have learned to manage it now but I have go online to webmd and diagnosed (and subsequently terrified myself) with some VERY nasty health problems before.

Turns out I was just being a paranoid asshole. I am fine now. I have learned to go to the doctor instead of saying "you're a lawyer, you're smart, you can figure out what is wrong via google."

I agree with myself compounding stuff with reading things.

Yet I didn't always static in my vision. And it's not that Its blurry. Shit just looks off, not blurry, but spacy. But the static gets quite annoying. I'm not anxious about it anymore. I just acknowledge it. But I still would like the visual snow gone.

I've been a hell of a lot better lately as I've been socializing more though. I feel that's just as key. Socializing. I had an amazing time last night with a few people and I was acting more my self then I acted in a year. Just gotta ignore what's going on and push through it and socialize.

Wow. I think it's crazy how I've been feeling fine all day. Then I stared reading something that was very cognitively demanding to understand. And now my head feels totally spun. Like really tired, crazy brain fog, hard time even reading now. Its like my eyes don't even wanna process sentences.

It just shows me that I think I need to read even more now. I need to push my head to get comfortable reading.

I'm good. No anxiety or anything. I'm just letting this Energy flow through me. I'll keep focused at work. But wow. That caught me off guard.