• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What happens to the ketamine in your nose?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I tried insufflation.

Did get trippy - I hate trippy.

I hate it forever.

My nostril felt peculiar after, so after I cleared it, I noticed ketamine shards on muh nails.

Doesn't it get absorbed?

I tried this drug for potentially therapeutic purposes.
Just like psilocybin, just like cannabis, and more recently - just like any psychoactive (ritalin, mirtazapine, SSRI's, atomoxetine - all) - I absolutely hate it.
I reject these drugs now.

In any case - I'm curious how this works cause, shouldn't the shards be absorbed?
But I can just blow them out of muh nose after...?

Last edited:
Most ketamine, as it is a street drug, is cut with inactive things. It was the cut left over, not the actual ketamine.

Ketamine can be difficult to crush down all the way and I'll have a few bits in my nose too sometimes.

I think it's more likely that mucus is not a particularly good way of absorbing ketamine, and thus not all of it is absorbed, unless your nose if completely clear.

Furthermore, there is this to contend with:

The nasal septum divides the human nose into two equal symmetrical halves. The posterior part of the nasal cavity is called the nasopharynx, and each symmetrical half opens to the environment. Both halves of the nasal cavity consist of the following four regions:1,2

Vestibule: is not very highly vascularized and permeability of the drugs via this region is very poor.

Atrium: vascularization in this part of the nasal cavity is low, which results in moderate permeability of drugs.

Respiratory Region: this part of the nasal cavity is highly vascularized and therefore the permeability of drugs from this region is good.

Olfactory Region: is highly vascularized, which results in high permeability of drug. This region is also reported as a potential site for nose-brain transport of drugs.

Does anyone else find that snorting ketamine produces a 'minty' type feeling in your head and sinuses as it's being absorbed? It's not exactly like mint but it's the best way I can describe it. In fact, i spent an entire sub hole experience marvelling in the revelation that "this stuff ought to be called Ketamint". I was so fuckin proud of that...

I'd never noticed that ketamine was actually incredibly minty until I tried dabbing a tiny amount just to see what it tasted like the other month.

It's a ridiculously powerful bitter mint taste, which lingers for a fucking age.

It is suggested when doing ketamine... To crush the crystals into the finest powder as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lay out a line or bump. And inhale all of the desired dosage powder into one nostril as far into the lungs as You can.
Ketamine gets absorbed in the lung cavities and if You do not crush K up all the way. Chunks can easily get stuck in Your sinus.

The key is to get it all into the lungs.
NOPE! Come on now, please stop trolling, you're not doing any good with this dumb, surely deliberately wrong advice, and it's definitely not in the spirit of harm reduction.

It is suggested when doing ketamine... To crush the crystals into the finest powder as possible.

Lay out a line or bump. And inhale all of the desired dosage powder into one nostril as far into the lungs as You can.
Ketamine gets absorbed in the lung cavities and if You do not crush K up all the way. Chunks can easily get stuck in Your sinus.

If the whole point of intra nasal administration was to ingest it through your lungs, wouldn't it make more sense to put the tube in your mouth and inhale like it was a spliff? But it's not, so you don't...

Does anyone else find that snorting ketamine produces a 'minty' type feeling in your head and sinuses as it's being absorbed? It's not exactly like mint but it's the best way I can describe it. In fact, i spent an entire sub hole experience marvelling in the revelation that "this stuff ought to be called Ketamint". I was so fuckin proud of that...

Yeah, I know what you are describing. To me it has a kind of clinical or hospital like smell and taste.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know what you are describing. To me it has a kind of clinical or hospital like smell and taste.

Yeh! Not peppermint, not spearmint, but clinicmint. It's a helluva of a decongestant as well. One of the most noticable physical effects for me is how deep, clean and unlaboured my breathing becomes. Which I guess is why its such a safe anaesthetic...

The first part is correct, definitely crush the crystals up as fine as possible, but when snorting drugs you do NOT want the powder in your lungs, in your lungs is bad, your lungs are not designed to absorb solids. You are supposed to gently snort so the powder lines your nasal passages, where it absorbs.

I think it's more likely that mucus is not a particularly good way of absorbing ketamine, and thus not all of it is absorbed, unless your nose if completely clear.

Furthermore, there is this to contend with:

That referenced part explains it.

All the residual shards were basically in the mucus area of the most outer nostril.
Clearly they're not absorbed there.

KETAMINT?
GIVE THIS MAN A MEDAL.
NOW.