• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

What happens to inadvertantly injected particles?

H

Hanoi Hilton

Without including street drugs pharmaceutical solutions have a legally allowed amount of particles in them and so my question is what happens to them after they get injected?

Even stainless steel degrades after a certain amount of time.

The lungs seem to be a filter of sorts as there is a network of small vessels that exchange gasses through alveoli as well as other capillaries throughout the body that can become ischemic. Embolisms are another fun condition from injecting particles. Pulmonary or otherwise.

And stainless steel alloys may break down but can you survive long enough for that to happen while suffering from any of the conditions listed above ?

There's a condition called "junkie's lung" where sediment from injected and poorly filtered solutions accumulate in the lungs and decrease functioning. I know some who have it--it's not good.

The lungs seem to be a filter of sorts as there is a network of small vessels that exchange gasses through alveoli as well as other capillaries throughout the body that can become ischemic. Embolisms are another fun condition from injecting particles. Pulmonary or otherwise.

And stainless steel alloys may break down but can you survive long enough for that to happen while suffering from any of the conditions listed above ?

I agree. A lot of those particles may not ever break down all the way. That means they can build up in your lungs, heart valves, jam up small veins, etc.

If you notice that it's getting harder to breathe, that's a sign of a pulmonary embolism. Depending how big it is, you can drop dead.

I know, because I had one. That is basically what the doctor said.

The dose makes the poison. What's legally allowed is negligible. It becomes problematic when you're shooting things that aren't meant to be shot