• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What happens if you bring hydrocodone into UK without prescription?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
My aunt in the US gave me some Vicodin pills to take. I was tempted to take some back to Europe as there were a small quantity but I remembered if I traveled with medication not in my time, I'd be in serious shit.

But what actually will happen if they catch you with it? Do they make a distinction whether it's for personal use or for commercial use?

Depends on the amount, put them in your wash bag and you'll be fine. You'd be seriously unlucky to get pulled to one side for a bag search for a few pills.

But what actually will happen if they catch you with it? Do they make a distinction whether it's for personal use or for commercial use?

Never underestimate the potential trouble you could get into as they could make an issue regarding the importation, as hydrocodone is controlled at the same level as morphine and heroin in the UK, but if you do chance it then...

Depends on the amount, put them in your wash bag and you'll be fine. You'd be seriously unlucky to get pulled to one side for a bag search for a few pills.

...this is usually the situation 9 times out of ten - if it is only a strip or two then even if they are identified they may only be confiscated if you appear to have genuine ignorance of the law, something that you will find more difficult to sell if you are discovered concealing them where the sun does not shine or something of that nature.

It’s not the Middle East, we don’t give you life or chop a hand off here on our dear old British Isles. Worst case scenario, confiscated if no prescription with them. We don’t prescribe it here, so you have an excuse for needing to have them with you!!

Unless you are SpongeBob Square pants naïve/shit at lying, you could easily blag ignorance and do as the above poster said and Chuck em in with your toothbrush and paracetamol.
If they're found then simply say "oh really, I am sorry about that. They're headache tablet aren't they? What should I do with them then?" Or similar.
As long as it's just a strip or two I would doubt you'd get into trouble if caught.
Concealing them and them being discovered would be a completely different scenario, because you can't plead ignorance of them being harmless medication. Unless you have the most convincing argument for stashing your belongings up your arse ever, maybe the luggage weight....?
It's up to you to weigh up the risks and rewards ultimately.
Bear in mind I am not a legal expert, and actually I believe this sort of thing might be frowned upon for even being discussed on this particular website.