• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids What happens if u mix gabapentin and oxycontin

moe24

Greenlighter
What happens if u mix the 2?...I use oxys regularly,would I be nodding off and feeling good like I use to if I mix the 2?..
I have no experience with gabapentin but I have a very high tolerance for opiates

Likely a synergy you can enjoy. I find if you keep your Oxy in tact, they always metabolise quite equally ?
Alright cool I'm going to try a 600mg gabapentin and 30mg oxy tonight and see what happens...I actually brought the gabapentin so i can start the oxy withdrawal process AGAIN for the 4th time,next week.
Do you know if gabapentin will help with oxy withdrawal?..I take 5-30mgs a day...I've quit cold Turkey a few times with the exception of using loperderm (spellcheck)...but restless leg is a bi#$h

Yes mate absolutely, it will ease all your physical symptoms, and prevent some anxiety from running away with itself. Your tolerance isn’t of the charts which will help you. I actually use that with lope when out.

For real? So the gabatin will act as a potentator if mixed with an oxy? I'm trying to feel good one last time before I quit my Oxycontin habit

So long as you are being relatively cautious in your choices, this shouldn't be a big deal. One thing I know that can happen when you combine Opioids with Gabapentinoids is that you can become completely intoxicated from these two substances. The thing that I'm unsure of: are Gabapentinoids going to contribute to a fatal overdose in a meaningful way, hypothetically of course. Like I said OP, take it easy on dosage and understand that some people react quite strongly to Gabapentinoids.

There is not a lot of information in general regarding Gabapentinoids and Opioids aside from the fact that we seem to know pretty well at this point that the former are effective adjuncts to Opioid treatment. They help reduce the overall need for Opioids in a large segment of the population. So, in a roundabout way OP, you could become more intoxicated than you would like, so go slow.

^Above poster, I don't think that the same mechanism will be in effect for somebody who is heavily dependent upon a given Opioid. I believe that Gabapentinoids might help you when you're out of Oxycodone, but I wouldn't expect any kind of earth-shattering effect from combining the two.

So long as you are being relatively cautious in your choices, this shouldn't be a big deal. One thing I know that can happen when you combine Opioids with Gabapentinoids is that you can become completely intoxicated from these two substances. The thing that I'm unsure of: are Gabapentinoids going to contribute to a fatal overdose in a meaningful way, hypothetically of course. Like I said OP, take it easy on dosage and understand that some people react quite strongly to Gabapentinoids.

There is not a lot of information in general regarding Gabapentinoids and Opioids aside from the fact that we seem to know pretty well at this point that the former are effective adjuncts to Opioid treatment. They help reduce the overall need for Opioids in a large segment of the population. So, in a roundabout way OP, you could become more intoxicated than you would like, so go slow.

^Above poster, I don't think that the same mechanism will be in effect for somebody who is heavily dependent upon a given Opioid. I believe that Gabapentinoids might help you when you're out of Oxycodone, but I wouldn't expect any kind of earth-shattering effect from combining the two.

Oh yeah I will take it easy I'm not just going to swallow a bunch of pills I know my limit.. I appreciate all the info they typed up thanks a lot..
I plan on taking 1 600mg of gabatin and 1 30mg roxy..

My usual nightly dose is 2-30mg roxy,1mg xanax

Well I did it and boy was I blown away..nodding my ass off but I'm still not sure if it was the Gabapentin because I mixed a 30mg roxy,a half of a 600mg gabapentin and 1mg xanax...I was gone nodded off on my sofa

Probably best to dose just the Oxy and Gaba next time, easier to determine then.

I don’t know whether this is fact or not, but a friend in the field of Neuropharmacology told me, blocking certain subunit VGCC (voltage gated calcium channels) which Gaba does well, has a powerful downstream effect on Opioids/Opiates in specific brain regions.

Gabapentin is taken along with narcotics in a very common potentiation method used clinically especially for neuropathic pain, like shingles and neuropathy from nerve root damage in the spine.

It is also a groovy combination, according to the New Orleans Journal of Medicine.

If patients are unable to tolerate gabapentin, the physician will use in place of gabapentin, or in borderline cases perhaps as a third agent anticholinergics off-label like benztropine (Cogentin), hyoscine (scopolamine), atropine, dicyclomine (Bentyl), trihyexyphenidyl (Sexy Trihexy), diphenhydramine (Benadryl) or others . . .

Related:

Binge-Drinking, Promiscuous Sex Good For You, Says 'New Orleans Journal Of Medicine'