• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What happens if I take oxycodone during Tramadol withdrawal (COLD TURKEY)

crisler

Bluelighter
Im jumping off the bridge. No more tramadol I want out going cold turkey. I plan on doing 20mg OC daily at bed time to help just sleeping be possible. Will doing this for about 3-4 days stop me from withdrawing efficiently or will it prolong the symptoms and interfere with the detox and withdrawal.

I want to get rid of this dependence as fast as possible may have to avoid theOC if it will slow down my progress. Hope it wont though, I feel like this plan should work. Wish me luck. Anyone with experience with this or knowledge please help me with this current scenario. Thanks!

If you want to get off opiates as fast as possible my suggestion would be skip the contin and ride it out. Im not sure if itll stretch your WD since tramadol only works on recepters and doesnt contain actual forms of opium but if I were to make a decision, I would think itll prolong it or youll have withdrawal from the OCs as well. Like I said, fastest but most painful way is cold turkey and no use at all, if you want off them.

EDIT: instead of using opiates to sleep, try benzos or lunesta or ambien. GABA drugs

Yes you will prolong the withdrawal as both tramadol and oxycodone are opioids...

Oxycodone is stronger so I would think that would lead to worse wds.

I know tramadol has some wds but it kinda pales compared to just about any other opiod rx.

If you want off opiates you have to go through wds. If it is really bad, go to a doctor for stuff more stomach problems and muscle cramps.

Also you can take lopermide for the shits and it will ease wds as its an opiate itself but please take it as directed but I mean its an anti diarhea medicine so the results of taking to much should be obvious.

Oxycodone is stronger so I would think that would lead to worse wds.

I know tramadol has some wds but it kinda pales compared to just about any other opiod rx.

If you want off opiates you have to go through wds. If it is really bad, go to a doctor for stuff more stomach problems and muscle cramps.

Also you can take lopermide for the shits and it will ease wds as its an opiate itself but please take it as directed but I mean its an anti diarhea medicine so the results of taking to much should be obvious.

This. Talk about overkill, no offense dude but you're just going to make your life more miserable. The Oxy will definitely get rid of withdrawals, but only because it's a stronger narcotic. Use some loperamide like dope master said. If you need something to ease wd's kratom would be more in line, but still with an opioid as weak as tramadol, you're better off just kicking it or trying to taper it. I'm not trying to minimize your pain, I've heard that tramadol is a bitch to kick because it's an SNRI as well, and from what I've heard kratom acts in a similar way, but please don't use oxycodone. That would be like a morphine addict using heroin for morphine withdrawals, unfortunately people used to think that was actually a good idea.

Anyway I'm moving this to Basic Drug Discussion.