• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What happens after you die and should I be scared about it?

I could be wrong, but I think kittycat is a dude.

So am I so it was unusual when ksa threatened to rape me :D

Somehow I doubt you being a guy would stop Ksa ;-)

I have to admit I had thought Kitty was a woman as well, but yes he's a guy. I wonder why!

Last edited:
Oh. At first i thought willow was a woman, until I stalked and read more of his posts. Even if Kitty isn't, he could be an honorary woman.

Honorary.

I just checked and my dick is still there.

Ksa, I am not sure what to make of your story but admit I just read the theory is just a theory part first and skipped over your aliens vs dinosaur writings. Sci-fi isn't my thing. :)

I think it does discredit to science to call that thing "Science Fiction". Where's the science part? It's just fiction!

Society has this kind of stigma towards death and dying and I really don't know why. People act like they're gonna live forever but the truth is they are gonna die just like everyone else. Do you really want to find out the answer when death is knocking on your door? Have yall spent a little bit time pondering about this? Of course you have. What are you're thoughts about this? How can everyone be so carefree about something this serious? I honestly don't know what to do about this because I'm just as lost as most people. I have two concerns. The first one is that dying hurts like hell. No matter which way you die, there is some pain involved, unless you die in your sleep. Do I just have to pray on this outcome to occur? The other concern I have is about the afterlife, if there is one. If the afterlife is heaven, that is fine and dandy, but if it is the other one, then that is an eternity of suffering, worse than going to work everyday. Some people also think that you just become unconscious forever and this is sort of the middle ground for me. There is no suffering but yet I won't even know what the heck is going on.

Now, I want to tack on religion. So, why do you Christians believe that yall are going to heaven and everyone else is going to hell? The central tenet of this religion is that no matter what you did in this life (lets say Hitler), you just have to confess your sins to jesus and proclaim him as Lord and Savior at the very end. Don't you see how unfair this is? If we play by your rules, then all one has to do is say a daily prayer that covers the requirements (jesus savior and what sins i committed).

And atheists. I also have a problem with your point of view. I don't question your validity, in fact, I think you guys are correct. Based on the information I heard, you guys think that life just happens and when we die, we just go unconscious, and that very well may be the case. But don't you guys see, that if you are right, then there is really no point in living at all. No, there isn't because you guys think that everything that we have will be gone when we die, so there is really no point in life. Well, you may think, "oh, but I helped other people." Well, the thing is, that may be so, but everyone dies, so it matters not even if you helped a million people because the outcome is still the same!

This is something that I have been thinking about. I really want to hear some feedback, and get some closure because I'm scared as hell honestly. I hope that science advances far enough so that we won't have to worry about this question if we play our cards right, but I'm sure it's not gonna happen in my lifetime.

You should be scared IMO. Nothing about this is within your control nor will it be possible to know what it is that is coming. Fuck man I'm just glad I'm not you.

OP, in your last bit you mention playing our cards right. See, the problem is, when the chips are down, the house wins. And unfortunately, I don't think we're the house.

Last edited:
I think that humans may one day 'cure' death...but, I wonder if that might devalue life?

We're dependent on people dying off so we don't over populate.
Here is some peace of mind

If god is real, it doesn't change the fact nothing suggests his existence. Because of this, it would be unfair for him to give judgement or punishment, and if he is good then he can literally do nothing. Fearing god is like fearing a weener dog. It talks mad shit, but can't do anything in the end.

I see a bunch of immortals trying to kill each other off. ...malice or boredom? it would still play out the same.

I see a bunch of immortals trying to kill each other off. ...malice or boredom? it would still play out the same.

Lol YOU wrote the topic with the Internet Douchebag. LOOOL You fucking funny man!