View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What happened?

Psychedalienation

Bluelighter
534mg of dxm POLISTIRIX was consumed last night total. They were split up. 150mg to start, adding 60-90mg every hour to hour 1/2. I wasn't tripping at all. I was pissed so I drank the rest of the bottle. Total contents of dxm in my stomach were now 534. I went on Bluelight to complain that I wasn't tripping and it had been 4 hours and that all I had was really bad restless legs.

AS SOON as I sent the message on BL, my face got really fucking hot then cold. I got a tsunami wave of nausea and i stood up to run to throw up somewhere. Completely disoriented, I ran outside. I threw up like 12-15 times. Was laying on the sidewalk in like a weird sort of K-hole kind of deal. My arms were shaking, I was out of it and scared. Trying NOT to think about bad things like Serotonin Syndrome and shit. Wishing I had a xanax to fix this, I went back inside and put on meditative sleep music.

I came to the conclusion that I was "vomiting my regrets". So I meditated in serenity for 15 minutes and fell asleep. Woke up 4 hours later nauseas again. Then my whole face got hot as fuck again and I did the same thing that happened last night on the side of my house. Vomiting bile and shit. Felt terrible. Then I fell asleep again and now I'm here writing this. My vision is still kinda fucked and I'm nauseas but it's a controllable nausea.

I stopped taking Mirtazapine 2 nights ago at 7.5mg.

Did I get serotonin syndrome, or did I throw up while in a third plateau trip for the first time and didn't know what was happening? There was no visuals btw, only my normal vision was fucked like if I were on Xanax.

Last edited:
Are you an experienced DXM user? While the symptoms you describe do comport with those of serotonin syndrome, they also sound similar to some of the both physiological and psychological symptoms that a strong DXM dose can effect.

Either way, it's kind of impossible to know for sure. Glad you're okay.

Last edited:
This was my first ever experience with DXM. I found out that DXM Poli is different than DXM hBR because it doses half when u take it and half later bc it is extended release. So I'm thinking I thought it wasn't working so I kept drinking more and more and then it all hit me at once.

It was way too intense. I couldn't be alive in my skin for 2 seconds straight without intense nausea and vomiting. The main thing tho was that my face felt electric and hot, I was sweating everywhere.

534mg is a tough dose for a beginner but i just dont know why it would have been so bad that I vomited and flipped like i did.

Thank you btw <3

Well, sounds not fun at all. Mitrazapine mostly at fault imo. But you were prescribed it for a reason I suppose.

That's what Wiki said on discontinuation of Mitrazapine: Mirtazapine and other antidepressants may cause a discontinuation syndrome upon cessation.[6][61][62] A gradual and slow reduction in dose is recommended to minimize discontinuation symptoms.[63] Effects of sudden cessation of treatment with mirtazapine may include depression, anxiety, panic attacks, vertigo, restlessness, irritability, decreased appetite, insomnia, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, flu-like symptoms such as allergies and pruritus, headaches and sometimes hypomania or mania.[61][64][65][66][67]

Then add to that cocktail of symptoms quite a high dose of DXM and you get your picture...

Please be very careful combining high dose of anything when you are on prescribed meds!

The Mirtazapine was taken twice. That was it. I could maybe see if I had been using it for a long time, but I certainly hadn't and that day was my second night off from it.

The Mirtazapine was taken twice. That was it. I could maybe see if I had been using it for a long time, but I certainly hadn't and that day was my second night off from it.
BTW, do you have any liver problems/deficiencies? As DXM is heavily metabolized by liver the experience might have negative feel to it when taken too much stuff. My liver was damaged since childhood so I can feel if something is really taxing it, DXM and alcohol both feel pretty heavy.

Leave DXM for what it's worth

could be many things
or not

Well, sounds not fun at all. Mitrazapine mostly at fault imo. But you were prescribed it for a reason I suppose.

I dunno dude. A lot of people just react poorly to DXM. I know I've had the exact symptoms described in the OP from DXM, and it was just a bad trip. If he only used mirtazapine twice, and the last time he used it was two days ago, I kinda doubt this was some dangerous interaction between the two. He probably just had a bad DXM trip. It happens a lot. Lol

BTW, do you have any liver problems/deficiencies? As DXM is heavily metabolized by liver the experience might have negative feel to it when taken too much stuff. My liver was damaged since childhood so I can feel if something is really taxing it, DXM and alcohol both feel pretty heavy.
I'm an ex alcoholic. My liver is fucked. I take supplements.

The funny thing is an hour before I ingested the initial dose, I cleaned the fuck out of my room and moved anything that could be tripped over and tried to clean up and get into a good mindset with chill music and stuff. I was fine for 4 hours and then boom, it all hit and I immediately just thought I was going to die. My face was electrified and on fire at the same time and my stomach was just heaving anything in it out. Theres an orange stain on the side of my house I just found lol from the robo. I ate a banana and was eating bread to try and sponge it up. Didnt work I suppose.
I dunno dude. A lot of people just react poorly to DXM. I know I've had the exact symptoms described in the OP from DXM, and it was just a bad trip. If he only used mirtazapine twice, and the last time he used it was two days ago, I kinda doubt this was some dangerous interaction between the two. He probably just had a bad DXM trip. It happens a lot. Lol
Euphoria felt so absolutely powerful that it was SUPER dysphoric. Adding that to the dissociated state, not a good combo. I might give it another go this week with DXM Hbr instead of bullshit XR polistirix

That's the thing that sucks about DXM, I've only ever held down a 600mg. dose(the most I've ever dosed) one time out of about 5 times I've dosed that much. I've also thrown up off of lower doses. I highly doubt it was serotonin syndrome.

Why did my body temperature fluctuate so hot ? Like I swear to you, I was laying down completely normal and like literally BOOM INSTANT sweating and I immediately took off my shirt and fanned my face as fast as i could. It's just so bizarre for a psych.