• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What happened to my friend? LSD bad trip.

the_ketaman

Bluelighter
The other night I had 360ug LSD & 130mg MDMA. My friend had 240ug and same amount of MDMA.

I was fine all night but he lost it. Lost touch with reality and was talking to imaginary people, eating sand, speaking jumbled random sentences and was generally weird.

I ended up taking him home to ride it out but this is the tip of the iceberg. He did a lot of weird things and he ruined my night. All from such a lowish dose(B&D LSD thread says 600ug is a high dose)
. It wasn't his first time we've tripped a lot, but he's gone weird before but absolutely never anything like this before. We had 4-ACO-DMT and he got stuck in a loop for 6 hours. That was at a music festival that he ruined the first night of. I've said to him that I don't want to trip with him anymore, he understands why.

What happened? I've never seen anything like this before. I believe it affected me more because he didn't seen distressed at all, just confused. Whereas I was very distressed and have been ever since(3 days). I nearly called and ambulance but luckily didn't and he's come back to normal but he remembered it positively whereas it was one of the worst nights of my life. I had to keep an eye on him every second!

Was this just ego death or psychosis? it was definitely acid and I was fine on a higher dose than him. I'm pretty pissed off at the moment because I was looking forward to the experience and I am in a pretty bad head space at the moment.

What the hell happened? If you need more details just ask. There's a lot more that happened!

Last edited:
I've seen this several times with my friends, it's just what happens when you take too much psychedelic drugs. I know people who get this way from less than 150 mcg of LSD.

Honestly, if you've tripped a lot before at those doses (since when is 240 mcg LSD + 130 mg MDMA + however much 4-ACO-DMT a small dose???), I'm surprised that you've never seen anything like this before.

If you didn't know this was possible, I suggest you do some more research on LSD.

^^The 4aco was a separate experience last year.

You still didn't answer my question? Perhaps you should actually read a thread before you answer?

And when did I say I didn't think this was possible? I said I've never personally seen it. And I've been doing psychedelics for 10 years and know a lot about LSD.

that is definitely not what I would call a small dose. MDMA and LSD potentiate eachother wildly.

The reason I say low dose is because the B&D LSD thread says a high dose is over 600ug. I have done a ton of drugs and I've seen similar incidents, I've never seen anything this bad!

The thought of taking acid scares me now.

Good! Maybe now you will consider things like: set, setting, dosage, drug interaction etc.
There is no way to tell someone elses mindset sadly, though. So you can never predict how someone else is going to react even with all of these parameters accountes for. Also that is bot what I consider a small dose of either. The idea with drugs with synergy is to take less than you would normally take of each.

Hi. People are known to have Strange Reactions to LSD.

There's different views on the subject. Some say bad reactions are fairly normal with high dose LSD. It may be a flaw in the action of the drug itself. More severe reactions could be considered psychotic episodes that need treatment.

If someone keeps getting bad reactions to something, I'd suggest they greatly reduce their dose or stop doing it for harm reductions sake. It may not be for them.

Last edited:
Good! Maybe now you will consider things like: set, setting, dosage, drug interaction etc.

Um wtf are you on about?

We were at the beach at a beautiful setting and we were both mentally and emotionally stable and happy. We have both taken bigger doses of both drugs separate and together. ... You sound like a very annoying and negative person. I'm glad I don't need to spend time around you ever.

I know what I'm doing with drugs, as I said the reason I said small dose is because of what people are saying in the LSD thread. I've cleared that up. I have been around a lot of tripping people and never seen this before. There's some surprisingly negative people in this thread. I though psychedelics were meant to make you happy and peaceful?

Sorry if we seem negative ketaman, here's the deal: For most of us, hearing someone say "my friend took 240 mcg LSD and freaked out" is no big surprise. That is a high enough dose of LSD to cause freak-outs in quite a few people. Not everybody all the time, but some people sometimes. If your friend had been taking high doses like that for a while, well then he just got lucky in the past. It seems like the event you described was the first time he got unlucky... with LSD.

It sounds like the first time your friend "went weird" was the 4-ACO-DMT event. I think the lesson to be learned here is to treat something like that as a warning sign. Someone who has had a freak-out experience with ANY psychedelic drug should be careful about how much LSD they take.

It sounds like, in your research, you found a source that said 600 mcg of LSD is a "high" dose, while anything less than that is not a "high" dose. I'm sorry to say it, but that is bad information. The very first thing in the B&D LSD thread is a link to Erowid's LSD vault, where you can find that anything over 200 mcg is considered a high dose for most people. Most other sources & people on Bluelight agree with Erowid.