• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What happen to my weed?

ChildrenOfTheGrave

Bluelighter
I just bought weed on Friday, and it is now Tuesday. I looked at the weed the day I bought it and it was a lighter green color. After I bought it I put it right away into a little jar I have. Its not airtight but it's just like a regular jar. I kept the weed in the bag when I put it in the jar. After that, I put the jar into a pair of pants in my dresser and have left it there since. Now it is Tuesday and the weed look atrocious. I have no idea how it could have gone bad this fast. The weed is now a dark green color, and the crystals are a brown color. I think it is the crystals that are brown, because alot of the weed is brownish. It also barely smells anymore. On top of all this there were what I think were seeds inside the weed. I broke it up and about 20 little black looking little pellets came out. They look like little bird shits. Are these seeds? Anyway, when I broke it up the weed also was not very sticky, and was harder to break up. What happened? And is the brown stuff crystals and the black dots seeds? Thanks..

someone came and switched your weed lol

really tho if it had seeds in it when you took it out, it had seeds in it when you put it in there. Only thing that really could have happened was it molded up because 4-5 days isn't really long enough for weed to deteriorate in a matter of days. were you high when you put it in there? unless maybe someone pulled a quick one on you and switched bags when you picked it up. the smell could have dissipated if it was bunk weed that was kept in the same jar as good weed to leech out the smell, it is likely mold.

Yeah sounds like mould.
In which case, you really gotta ditch it, sadly.

Seeds look like this:

shiny-and-smooth-marijuana-seeds-closeup.jpg

Birds eat and excrete them yep. Grow them out...

The weed is moldy as others have mentioned.

You need to make sure it's dry before you put it in a jar, or it'll go mouldy. Best not to buy wet weed, or weed with too many seeds in. Wet weed does smell more, especially if it's wet because it's still fresh & hasn't been dried properly. Maybe it was starting to go mouldy when you bought it, you often can't see it, but it'll smell (ammonia/cat piss, or just fusty).

Yeah sounds like mould.
In which case, you really gotta ditch it, sadly.

I really don't think its mold. I haven't seen mold before but now maybe I'm just thinking its dried out. The weed does smell normal, before I think I couldn't smell it because I had a clogged nose. I have some pictures now, they're blurry, but maybe someone could tell me.

Ok well the pictures didn't work so just try this link. If someone could get back to me soon, that would be great. I haven't smoked it yet and I really want to if it is not bad.

http://abcdefhai.deviantart.com/gallery/

The pictures are too dark, low quality and blurry. Can't tell much from them.
Even if your bud got real dry, it wouldn't brown up that quickly. The oils in the cannabis would prevent it from doing so.
Which is why fan leaves dry up and brown out when left in the open, where as bud and smaller leaves will still stay greenish; concentration of natural oils. Even when at the point of being touch crumble, bud will stay green for quite a while. (Some strains are naturally brownish in colour tho, alot of thai can be.)

Mold on the other hand.... that can creep on in a matter of days and depending on what kind of mold, can brown up your bud.

Sorry OP, I'd throw it away.

The pictures are too dark, low quality and blurry. Can't tell much from them.
Even if your bud got real dry, it wouldn't brown up that quickly. The oils in the cannabis would prevent it from doing so.
Which is why fan leaves dry up and brown out when left in the open, where as bud and smaller leaves will still stay greenish; concentration of natural oils. Even when at the point of being touch crumble, bud will stay green for quite a while. (Some strains are naturally brownish in colour tho, alot of thai can be.)

Mold on the other hand.... that can creep on in a matter of days and depending on what kind of mold, can brown up your bud.

Sorry OP, I'd throw it away.

I think there was some mis-understanding when I talked about the weed being brownish. I probably wasn't clear enough. The weed itself is still a dark green colors, and when I look at the weed, the parts where the crystals or the hairs are, those parts are brown. So while the weed is still green, it has some brown parts on it. I am not sure if that is normal or not. Oh I should also add that I live in a very dry place, Arizona.

I live in Australia (where it is similarly dry and hot most of the year) and when I was in high school I bought some weed that was brown and turned out to be mouldy.
It was really bad, we had no idea how dangerous it was, but still ditched it.
It had a sort of decomposing, compost smell (rather than the normal weed scent).

I can't make out the pictures too well either, but I have seen different types of mouldy bud - from white fuzz, to black blobs - to the brown crumbly stuff I came across as a teenager.