• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin What gives heroin "legs"?

Morphine cut in H would make a bit of sense I guess if someone has a cheap script to cut it with. Well, if ECP was indeed cut with morphine...it could be hard to tell for an IV user as you mentioned, but what about a user that snorts it? Since ECP is snorted by a lot of people, a heavy morphine cut would give no rush or little rush when being snorted since there would be little to no 6-MAM. Also, it would likely not get you very high since morphine has a bad nasal absorption correct?

I always thought it was the breakdown of the morphine and other alkaloids left in the heroin that would give heroin legs. I guess a cutting agents that inhibits the breakdown of the drug would give it legs too though.

legs would be duration of high. I would be inclined this is dependent on half life, however there are many drugs with substantially longer half lives that dont have the "legs" of that half life. Since I didnt completely read the OP's question, I took it to mean 'what gives heroin legs [over other opiates]' instead of 'what gives heroin legs [over other batches of heroin]'. In the latter, purity would be the prime suspect, tho byproducts of manufacture, cuts, and what else is in your system could produce significant variances in the length of duration. When I ODd back in 2004, that heroin lasted an inordinate amount of time (>12 hours), even after a shot of Narcan, tho I do not know what else I was given at the hospital that could have potentiated its effects.

3-4 Tagamet an hour beforehand should increase the duration of H a good bit. However, if used too much your herion will eventually feel weaker when used on it's own.
Edit: actually reading through the thread I realize my post isn't relevant and is somewhat common knowledge here on BL. I was going to delete but I will say when I was using opiate I would not take H or IR oxy without Tagamet because of the significant increase in duration

Last edited:
As a former street heroin user I always wondered why some heroin was different from other heroin. It's like the LSD is LSD vs "this acid gives you this kinda trip and that acid gives you that kinda trip" arguments.

One would assume that all no. 4 heroin should give the same effect, with the only variable being the dosage. But that was not my experience. I'd get some heroin that gave a good initial rush but had no "legs" as they say, other heroin would not give as good a rush but last a while. Some heroin would be really itchy, or give a pins and needles sensation when IVed.

shit, i get dif legs at dif times from pharm opiates on regular dose schedule for legit pain management. can't believe no one threw out: individual metabolism variability over the course of the day/other foods and drugs. sometimes 10 oxycodone will kill my pain and indeed *almost* get me a little high, whereas other times i take 10 and am in pain in an hour.