• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What exactly do Supplements do

matty_s

Greenlighter
SWIM has read rollsafe.org and he is advised to take tums, magnesium, quercetin, R-ALA before the roll and 5-HTP after

Now SWIM knows what the magnesium and 5-HTP do but what exactly do the other 3 things do?

If you could sum up exactly what each thing does and why that's a good thing using simple expressions it would be great, e.g. "magnesium will stop the jaw clenching" or "5-HTP will help replace lost serotonin after the roll, this will help your brain recover and help minimise the come down". SWIM's tried reading other threads on the other supplements but get's confused so would like it in Lehman's terms

Hi there, first of all we don't use SWIM here.

Tums: Helps to neutralize stomach acid reducing nausea which people often report when coming up on MDMA.
Quercetin: It basically reduces inflammation. Looks pointless to me.
R-ALA: Looks like a potent anti-oxidant. Not sure how necessary it is really.

Hi there, first of all we don't use SWIM here.

Tums: Helps to neutralize stomach acid reducing nausea which people often report when coming up on MDMA.
Quercetin: It basically reduces inflammation. Looks pointless to me.
R-ALA: Looks like a potent anti-oxidant. Not sure how necessary it is really.

Good, I feel like such a tool using it haha

I don't usually get nauseas so I probably won't need the tums, quercetin seems pointless then and I have no idea what an anti-oxidant would do in regards to rolling

I have no idea what an anti-oxidant would do in regards to rolling

One of the dangers of MDMA is that, when consumed, it is metabolized into an oxidative chemical which selectively destroys serotonin cells. The evidence for this happening is primarily limited to very high and repeated doses in rats (we're talking the human equivalent of about 500mg+ over a few hours). So, considering that these are oxidative, anti-oxidants neutralize them effectively helping to stop serotonin cells from being damaged. That's why anti-oxidants are often listed as a HR tool for MDMA users. The most common is vitamin C (frequently found in orange juice). Now I'm not exactly sure about R-ALA, but from briefly searching it, it looks like another anti-oxidant. So it may reduce any damage MDMA might cause. Nevertheless, the neurotoxic effects of MDMA are much more pronounced in high and repeated doses. Thus, keeping your usage to one moderate dose (80-150mg) followed by 1-2 re-doses is unlikely to cause any significant neurotoxic effect. I feel that getting the doses right is the best way to stay safe with the drug. Supplements are a secondary precaution.

Hope this made sense.

It makes perfect sense, the usual amount I take is 1 1/2 200mg pills a night once a month sometimes 2 of them if it's a long night so between 300-400mg. They're advertised as 200mg anyway might be less.

I've been drinking around 1.5 litres of orange juice the day after the last few months, is this a good idea or should I really be taking in the vitamin C while rolling? I've mainly been drinking so much orange juice because after a night of rolling drinking water it tastes like shit the day after

Think it might be a better idea drinking orange juice on nights out instead of water?

I don't think I've seen much difference in the "magic" in the 18 months I've been doing it however I feel as though I need to re-dose more now than I did when I first started as the peaks seem to be shorter, it hits me just as hard though. Is this a tolerance thing do you think? I'm getting a bit worried that I might lose the magic

So tums before to stop the nausea, magnesium for the jaw clenching, vitamin c during/after to stop the destruction of sertonin cells to help stop gaining a tolerance and 5-htp after to stop the comedown. Sounds good and very cheap

Thanks

I've been drinking around 1.5 litres of orange juice the day after the last few months, is this a good idea or should I really be taking in the vitamin C while rolling?

There's a possibility that taking vitamin C during a roll can increase the metabolism and removal of the MDMA (this can happen in basic amphetamines, so it's plausible for MDMA). So based on that, I'd take it anywhere 3-4 hours post-consumption. I usually grab some orange juice the next day if I can. Also, orange juice won't hydrate you as well as water. So if you want to drink it during a roll, don't forget to have a little water too.

I don't think I've seen much difference in the "magic" in the 18 months I've been doing it however I feel as though I need to re-dose more now than I did when I first started as the peaks seem to be shorter, it hits me just as hard though. Is this a tolerance thing do you think? I'm getting a bit worried that I might lose the magic

I'm the same. It's all fine and dandy I just find I need a re-dose to get where I want to quite often. Could be tolerance, I'm currently on a 3month+ break to test that out. Slow down your usage if you're really scared of losing the famous 'magic'.

I'll just stick to orange juice afterwards then.

I'm on a 2 month break which is the longest break I've ever had since I've been doing it, I actually was on it 4 times last month, 300mg then 100mg 2 days later then a 3 week break with 300mg followed by 500mg 3 days later and I felt absolutely perfect right after it even though I know I took far too much that month. It's stupid things like that, that could possibly ruin mdma for me so I'm taking a decent sized break

Supplements are mostly a waste imo.

I've tried all of them over the years. The only one I recommend is Rolaids about 30-40 minutes before dropping. The rest of them are either snake oil or can actually be detrimental to your roll.

Careful with magnesium... Its laxative side effects are multiplied when its combined with MDMA. Best to use a chelated form if you're going to try it like magnesium malate or magnesium glycinate. Magnesium citrate will shoot right through you...

Would you say tums and rolaids would do exactly the same thing or is rolaids slightly better?

Yer I doubt I'll be taking magnesium anyway, it wouldn't be the same waking up the next morning without an aching jaw

I always used Rolaids but they should be relatively similar. Rolaids have calcium and magnesium in them if I remember correctly (too lazy to look it up).

Supplements are BS in my opinion. The only supplements I need when I roll is a pack of gum and a few joints.

However, eating healthy getting proper sleep and exercise can make your recovery post roll much easier.