• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

What drugs did you do on christmas?

I had a bellini for breakfast and a glass of red for dinner and that was it šŸ·

Last Christmas was my first Xmas sober from pain pills. This year will be my second Christmas on subs. Which Iā€™m ever so grateful for. I donā€™t miss running around searching for my next fix. Itā€™s nice to just relax and enjoy the holiday for what it is with friends and familyšŸ’œ
Last new year's eve my resolution was to give up painkillers by January 1st. With the help of kratom, I stayed sober for 2 weeks into the new year before I relapsed under stress. I plan to make a 2nd attempt at sobriety by January 1st 2024 and hopefully stick with it this time and not cave so easily under pressure. Although this time around will be more difficult ; seeing that I can only ration myself down to 5mg or 10mg nightly at the minimum this time. Last time, I had a connection for lower mg oxycodone and was able to quit with minimal withdrawals after rationing myself down to a nightly dose of 1.25mg oxycodone. So there's gonna be a significant mg difference when I try this time--meaning it's going to be inevitably worse. I'm so happy that you're in a better place as far as sobriety goes. Even with the subs, I'd still say it's an improvement vs chomping at the bits when you're hurting, hoping the dealer comes through. Congrats on having the willpower to overcome the perils of addiction. I'm happy for you. Now you can really live, free of the next fix being your every waking thought. I know I'm growing tired of maintaining an expensive addiction that has me living hand-to-mouth and practically penniless with nothing to show for.

Last edited:
Last new year's eve my resolution was to give up painkillers by January 1st. With the help of kratom, I stayed sober for 2 weeks into the new year before I relapsed under stress. I plan to make a 2nd attempt at sobriety by January 1st 2024 and hopefully stick with it this time and not cave so easily under pressure. Although this time around will be more difficult ; seeing that I can only ration myself down to 5mg nightly at the minimum this time. Last time, I had a connection for lower mg oxycodone and was able to quit with minimal withdrawals after rationing myself down to a nightly dose of 1.25mg oxycodone. So there's gonna be a significant mg difference when I try this time--meaning it's going to be inevitably worse. I'm so happy that you're in a better place as far as sobriety goes. Even with the subs, I'd still say it's an improvement vs chomping at the bits when you're hurting, hoping the dealer comes through. Congrats on having the willpower to overcome the perils of addiction. I'm happy for you. Now you can really live, free of the next fix being your every waking thought. I know I'm growing tired of maintaining an expensive addiction that has me living hand-to-mouth and practically penniless with nothing to show for.
Exactly, girl. I remember those days of just pacing with my phone waiting for a plug to come through. The agony and anxiety all while going into slight withdrawal at the same time. It made it impossible to enjoy being around any company or enjoying the holiday. I mean, when we did get our fix it was only so short lived until having to do it all over again. And damn, it was hella costly too! I donā€™t know how I even managed it.

I highly commend you for all your effort in quitting!! Itā€™s probably one of the hardest things youā€™ll ever have to do in your life. šŸ’•But just imagine that you do quit and youā€™re sitting around with your family not having to go though all that struggle and youā€™re just able to sit back and relax and enjoy the moment. Girl, itā€™s so worth it and YOU are so worth it!!! Itā€™s so freeing once you finally donā€™t have to experience those dreaded withdrawals. Youā€™re just like me, girl and we both loved our pain pills. So I can totally understand where youā€™re coming from. If you ever need to message me for absolutely anything feel free to. Iā€™m always here if you need a friend šŸ’•

One last thing, if you do attempt to quit you should seriously consider a methadone clinic where they can set you up with some of that or Suboxone. If your doses are on the higher end of the pain pills Iā€™d consider methadone. The dr can always change your dosage to where you are comfortable. Theyā€™re there to help you not judge you. Youā€™ve got this girly šŸ’•

I usually drop LSD on Christmas. Most years that's been when my strongest trips have been. I don't really celebrate Christmas as I'm not religious and I don't have a good relationship with my family. However, since everyone else is celebrating roommates are usually out of town, I get work off, so it's the perfect day for me to try a higher dosage of cid. Highest I've gone was 4 tabs, but idk the exact ug, plug said they we're "closer to 150 than 100".
The past 2 years however, I didn't as last year I was homeless and not in a good environment to trip. However I was in Phoenix Arizona for the winter and Nitrous is cheap as fuck there...like in Minnesota a pack of 50 is around $40, but in Phoenix it's like $15 lol, so I spent last Christmas doing THC edibles and whippets while I camped out in the desert

I usually drop LSD on Christmas. Most years that's been when my strongest trips have been. I don't really celebrate Christmas as I'm not religious and I don't have a good relationship with my family. However, since everyone else is celebrating roommates are usually out of town, I get work off, so it's the perfect day for me to try a higher dosage of cid. Highest I've gone was 4 tabs, but idk the exact ug, plug said they we're "closer to 150 than 100".
The past 2 years however, I didn't as last year I was homeless and not in a good environment to trip. However I was in Phoenix Arizona for the winter and Nitrous is cheap as fuck there...like in Minnesota a pack of 50 is around $40, but in Phoenix it's like $15 lol, so I spent last Christmas doing THC edibles and whippets while I camped out in the desert
Yeah I'm considering giving up on life and just moving into the desert and starting over. I know a couple towns where there's tent cities. Life is just shit on the east coast.

Iā€™ll probably do at the very least either kratom or tianeptine, wish I could get some more ā€œseriousā€ opi-oā€™s though. Iā€™m pretty much set in regards to stimulants, sedative tranquilizers and hallucinogens but I need to fill that opi-o hole in my heart šŸ˜¢

Yeah I'm considering giving up on life and just moving into the desert and starting over. I know a couple towns where there's tent cities. Life is just shit on the east coast.
You heard of Slab City California? It's slogan is "the last free place in America" and by "free" they mean not only in terms of money, but also that laws are rarely enforced (there's a miscomseption that the police aren't allowed to go there, or that it's somehow separate from the United States lol). Basically it's a community of anarchists who don't want the cops there, and they don't wanna be there either. The county sheriff drives through once a day, but like, you can tell it's just part of his job and he didn't wanna be there, drove fast as fuck through the town without stopping, or barely even looking at anyone.

I only stayed there for a couple weeks, but I'd love to go back soon...last winter when I was homeless living in the back of a shitty truck (had to go south cause Minnesotas too cold). It was actually only a couple weeks after that Christmas in Phoenix. I transferred to a new job in San Bernardino, but had a couple weeks to kill on the way, so I wanted to check out the Slabs, and I'm so glad I did. Met one of the most positive communities of people I've ever known. I regret driving to San Bernardino, everyone there was an asshole, and my job (FedEx) didn't pay me for over a month past when I was supposed to. Which is technically illegal in Cali (and most states I assume), but it's not really a law if there's no one to enforce it...and there isn't..you can't call the cops on a cooperation lol, Dept of labor, said they'd "get back to me in 6,months" (it's been over 6months, still nothing), tried calling the state atourney general, I spent weeks making various calls both to FedEx Cooperate, and the government, and literally no one could do anything about it. First time in my life I actually had to shoplift to feed myself. I couldn't take a shower, I had to beg for money on a street corner. All this AFTER I'd already put in the Labor at FedEx..over 60 hours a week for over a montg (idk why I kept going back, I guess I assumed id eventually get paid).

Sorry for the tangent, but yeah that's what made me give up on life I guess.. learning that corporations have no legal obligation to pay their employees, or follow any laws actually...I ONLY work for small businesses now, and even then I'm skeptical, but I need to personally know the owner and where he lives before I'll work for any company. Definitely limits my job options, but I'm not risking it again...

Also, obviously there is a lot of sketchy people in Slab City, gotta expect it in a town of homeless anarchists in the desert . But the number of amazing people I met there far outweighed the negatives. And there's gonna be sketchy people in literally any tent city anywhere. At least in the Slabs you don't gotta worry about the cops making your life worse for being poor...

Yeah, west Coast is far easier to survive living in a van/truck/etc. There's so many national Forrest, etc and places to camp at for free multiple weeks even. There's an app called "free roam" that shows all the land that's free to camp on, and the east Coast barely has any. But once you get further west past like Colorado, there's TONS of free camping

Yep lots of public land in the American West. You ever see that movie ā€œNomadlandā€? I thought that was an interesting film, interesting portrayal of a modern-day nomadic subculture and the way that segments of the modern American economy (like Amazon, for example) exploit themā€¦that was a fascinating part of the film I thought, the way that corporate America actively recruited from within that subculture

You heard of Slab City California? It's slogan is "the last free place in America" and by "free" they mean not only in terms of money, but also that laws are rarely enforced (there's a miscomseption that the police aren't allowed to go there, or that it's somehow separate from the United States lol). Basically it's a community of anarchists who don't want the cops there, and they don't wanna be there either. The county sheriff drives through once a day, but like, you can tell it's just part of his job and he didn't wanna be there, drove fast as fuck through the town without stopping, or barely even looking at anyone.

I only stayed there for a couple weeks, but I'd love to go back soon...last winter when I was homeless living in the back of a shitty truck (had to go south cause Minnesotas too cold). It was actually only a couple weeks after that Christmas in Phoenix. I transferred to a new job in San Bernardino, but had a couple weeks to kill on the way, so I wanted to check out the Slabs, and I'm so glad I did. Met one of the most positive communities of people I've ever known. I regret driving to San Bernardino, everyone there was an asshole, and my job (FedEx) didn't pay me for over a month past when I was supposed to. Which is technically illegal in Cali (and most states I assume), but it's not really a law if there's no one to enforce it...and there isn't..you can't call the cops on a cooperation lol, Dept of labor, said they'd "get back to me in 6,months" (it's been over 6months, still nothing), tried calling the state atourney general, I spent weeks making various calls both to FedEx Cooperate, and the government, and literally no one could do anything about it. First time in my life I actually had to shoplift to feed myself. I couldn't take a shower, I had to beg for money on a street corner. All this AFTER I'd already put in the Labor at FedEx..over 60 hours a week for over a montg (idk why I kept going back, I guess I assumed id eventually get paid).

Sorry for the tangent, but yeah that's what made me give up on life I guess.. learning that corporations have no legal obligation to pay their employees, or follow any laws actually...I ONLY work for small businesses now, and even then I'm skeptical, but I need to personally know the owner and where he lives before I'll work for any company. Definitely limits my job options, but I'm not risking it again...

Also, obviously there is a lot of sketchy people in Slab City, gotta expect it in a town of homeless anarchists in the desert . But the number of amazing people I met there far outweighed the negatives. And there's gonna be sketchy people in literally any tent city anywhere. At least in the Slabs you don't gotta worry about the cops making your life worse for being poor...
Yeah I have heard of it. Don't know a whole lot about it, besides what you basically mentioned. Yeah my problem is I don't have a license. And I can't get it reinstated until I get insurance and retake the test, register the car, inspect it, etc... all of which is impossible without a job. And finding a job, well it's impossible without a fucking car. It's asinine. And even though I live in a city, with bus transportation, I'm frequently not getting jobs that I'm fucking overqualified for. Maybe there's some kind of grant that I can get or something, because this is bullshit. I had ONE DUI years ago and it's basically ruined my entire life, forever. At least until like August 2025, and then the insurance thing will lift and I will no longer have to have this double minimum shit. Either way it's bullshit expensive. I'm just in a fucking conundrum and it's miserable. I have nothing anymore, no family that wants me around, no friends. Even though I've been sober for months it doesn't fucking matter and my life is worse than it was when I was using.

There's a tent city in Las Cruces New Mexico where they will basically even provide the tent, they let you do laundry, etc. they even help you find housing and a job. NONE of the shit programs in Maryland go that far with the help. They are basically just insurance scams that take you in and let you spin your wheels until you move onto another a program. It's bullshit.

So jealous. My Christmas was full of family (fiance's family who only drinks wine - gross wine, so I had a sip) and then my family (my mom refuses to have anything with caffeine as it could be addictive and my dad only drinks beer... also gross). A couple years ago I stayed overnight at my parents for two nights so I brought myself some ketamine so I could, you know, survive it.
Beer is gross?? Nah lol

Yep lots of public land in the American West. You ever see that movie ā€œNomadlandā€? I thought that was an interesting film, interesting portrayal of a modern-day nomadic subculture and the way that segments of the modern American economy (like Amazon, for example) exploit themā€¦that was a fascinating part of the film I thought, the way that corporate America actively recruited from within that subculture
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was Slab City where the Nomadland character went to live for awhile. Made me want to go visit.
I met a woman once who traveled during the year doing a nomadic route, traveled with her dog, hopped trains a lot (I did that once and I'm not too crazy about that). Her route was go to Idaho and pick sugar beets, go to New Mexico and cut firewood, and I forget the third one. Could've been trim weed in Humboldt. I couldn't picture her at an Amazon warehouse, but you can definitely get work in Amazon.
Nomadland is worth a watch.

Yeah, west Coast is far easier to survive living in a van/truck/etc. There's so many national Forrest, etc and places to camp at for free multiple weeks even. There's an app called "free roam" that shows all the land that's free to camp on, and the east Coast barely has any. But once you get further west past like Colorado, there's TONS of free camping
For sure, you could spend a summer easily. But you definitely need reliable wheels and gas and winter is not so great except maybe down south. That's when people go to Slab City

It doesn't have to be giving up on life. Think of it as a sabbatical, a reset. A chance to clear your mind. I gather you are in Baltimore, which, no offense, seems like a negative, depressed place. I used to live in St Louis, which I think is similar. I'd stand at the fucking bus stop for an hour waiting. Too many brick walls in that city to bang your head against.
I mean, it isn't utopia to move anywhere, there is still struggle and work to do, but some places are better than others.

Last Christmas I ate 200mg of oxycontin. But the year before that, I managed to acquire some OC 40's from 2003, so that was a real treat. In the next couple of days, it's going to be a "blue" Christmas this time around, if you catch my drift. I'd still rather be fucked up on morphine, oxy, or patches though. Only problem is, morphine is rare now, oxy is expensive, and patches are hard to find too. :/