• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc what DRUG will simply "wake me up" ??

e92

Bluelighter
i'm a chronic snoozer i can't wake up to save my life. i literally fall asleep with my phone in my hand snoozing it. nothing matters when i'm sleeping. appointments, school, etc etc. even if i get a solid, sober, restful 7-9 hours of sleep. i just keep sleeping.

but sometimes i sleep 4 hours and i'm good.

anyway if i could keep a drug (prescription or non prescription, addictive or not addictive) on my nightstand that i can pop as soon as i open my eyes that i wont fall back asleep, what would it be? no caffeine, no 5 hour energy or any of that bullshit. it has to wear off pretty fast and not cause a hangover.

all i want it to do is just let me get out of bed until i'm actually "awake".

snort a small line of meth?

The pain of snorting meth will provide the immediate wake up, then you'll stay awake because, well, you just snorted meth...:)

The pain of snorting meth will provide the immediate wake up, then you'll stay awake because, well, you just snorted meth...:)
lol no it needs to wear off quickly and minimal to no hangover. i just need something to get me out of bed, get me up and get dressed and drink my cup of coffee. by then i'm good and awake!

So you need a drug, that wakes you up and has a half life of minutes, so it's out of your system when you drink your morning coffee?
Maybe get someone to splash ice cold water in your face and slap you, that should wake you up

Smoked/vaped DMT.......it will wear off quick and return you to baseline in minutes. I giggle at the thought of someone doing this just to physically get them out of bed lol.

Smoked/vaped DMT.......it will wear off quick and return you to baseline in minutes. I giggle at the thought of someone doing this just to physically get them out of bed lol.
Great idea lol.

What about a shot of adrenaline, should wake you up in seconds and the half life is 1-3 minutes

lmao

Maybe modafinil, or some - phenidate like methylphenidate

modafinil is a great choice but you specify something short acting which modafinil isn't

but another thing that modafinil isn't is overly stimulating or tweaky it is just a nice boost to alertness, etc.

in my hippie days I knew people would wake and deemz I even did it a few times
provides a certain strange charge and outlook to the day that's for sure

but the obvious choice for OP, short acting stimulant, is obvious, one of the newer RC stimulants, meth, or cocaine
but these are all not really good for you and daily basis is a seriously questionable idea
will make you dependent on them, particularly psychologically, which is the most insidious kind of dependece
i.e. you think you have trouble motivating yourself out of bed now? wait till you run out ofthe drug
stick to some modafiinil and coffee* and whatnot
avoid the serious stimulants

*if you can substitute coca tea for coffee it is lovely

Dulcolax the night before - may not give you energy in the morning but will surely get you out of bed.

Instant stimulation, wears off pretty fast? That basically sounds like a job for Ritalin. Works in 20 minutes or so on an empty stomach, and has a half-life of just 2-3 hours.

You could set your alarm clock to, say, both 7 AM and 7:30, so that when you pop the Ritalin at 7, you'll be ready to jump out of bed when the second alarm rings at 7:30, if not before that.

Or you could crush up a pill the day before so you have a line to snort as soon as you wake up - the burn in your nose will keep you awake for the first 10 minutes or so, after which the Ritalin will keep you up.

Yeah, a small line of ethylphenidate will kick you out of the bed for sure.
A friend of mine has his coffee machine next to the bed, so he just has to reach out for the machine, snooze for another few minutes and then wakes up to the nice smell of his freshly made coffe.

Instant stimulation, wears off pretty fast? That basically sounds like a job for Ritalin. Works in 20 minutes or so on an empty stomach, and has a half-life of just 2-3 hours.

You could set your alarm clock to, say, both 7 AM and 7:30, so that when you pop the Ritalin at 7, you'll be ready to jump out of bed when the second alarm rings at 7:30, if not before that.

Or you could crush up a pill the day before so you have a line to snort as soon as you wake up - the burn in your nose will keep you awake for the first 10 minutes or so, after which the Ritalin will keep you up.
i do that but with adderall/ritalin XR

but say someone's never taken it, and they take 10mg ritalin/adderall IR... they will crash a bit 4 hours later. i'm looking for just that tiny little kick to get me out of bed, and wears off in 15 min with no crash

i do that but with adderall/ritalin XR

but say someone's never taken it, and they take 10mg ritalin/adderall IR... they will crash a bit 4 hours later. i'm looking for just that tiny little kick to get me out of bed, and wears off in 15 min with no crash
What about a really strong cigarette, or smelling salts like ammonium carbonate?

Snort some pixie stix powder. It will most certainly wake you up, and it's mostly non addictive.

But in all seriousness a gram or two of kratom in the morning might give you enough of a boost, and that low of a dose will have little addictive potential. Effects last a few hours and low doses don't have a crashed or hungover feeling

Snort some pixie stix powder. It will most certainly wake you up, and it's mostly non addictive.

When I was in like 5th grade or whenever they have DARE classes, it became sort of a "thing" in a stupid 5th grade sort of way to snort lines of pixie stix. There was much furore and moral panic amongst parents and teachers and they called a big assembly with the DARE officer prattling on about how cocaine is not cool and kills and is not something to emulate. Thing is we would've never gotten the idea to snort pixie stix if he hadn't prattled on about cocaine in the first place ...