• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Misc What drug will rappers mention next?

The New Orleans rap scene in the mid-90s had a heroin thing going on -- with some fixation on the joys of "laying that dope dick" (prolonged sex without ejaculating).

I don't remember which Hot Boy it was (BG?), but I read that when he came to New York in that period, the local name rappers were shocked that he casually asked them where to get some heroin. (I think he had a habit and it wasn't just for recreational dope-dicking, but I'm not sure.)

Blunts and 40s were in at the time, heroin had a bad rap (no pun intended) in NYC and most everywhere except NO. It already had the current stereotype of only appealing to white boys and old heads (though in fact, the big heroin cohort that started in 1965-75 was not so very old -- mostly in their 40s around 1995).

EDIT: And on topic, I predict (and would sort of like to see/hear) rappers get into GHB. To me, it makes sense in that scene somehow, more so than ketamine IMHO (no disrespect intended @simstim lol). I'd also personally pick it over ketamine if only one of them could be popularized as more of a "street drug" in the US, as much as I'd like to see UK-style street ket here as well.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I agree with you about GHB and it's prodrugs becoming popular again in the USA. It's possible though.

The way things are going right now I wouldn't be surprised if people started rapping about bezitramide derivatives.

I'm surprised more rappers don't talk about methamphetamine. It is one of the most popular drugs. So far I've only heard Lord Infamous openly rap about that one.

Idk probs a drug that can be "classy"(expensive and glorifieable. ) and edgy at the same time.

Ket, shrooms, nitrous, other benzodiazepines, dxm maybe?

I hope PCP comes back in a big way.

Thirsty for pure water are we?

No idea what they mean by pure agua here but a bada$$ chica I nicknamed Ghetto Princess in rehab once said her DOC was water first time I learned they call Angel Dust that angel are you out there do you remember me?

Last edited:
I'm definitely big on hip hop. I've got my finger on the pulse of that community in a way that only a white jewish kid from the inner suburbs of Boston could. I don't care what they mention. Start talking about Loperamide again, please. Convince them we aren't interested in any of the good shit behind the counter and perhaps they will take action by leaving it unguarded in favor of protecting the Loperamide.

Are rappers still doin' them quatrains?

Junk is life, but life is death

Life is hell, why live bereft?

When you want to sleep, or your back done quit

Pick up the phone, dial-away the jones, get it, set it and forget it

;););)

Not even close to rap but one of my favorite musicians Alex G says “fentanyl took a few lives from our lives” in his newer song Hope

The lil yachty remix of tame impala’s ‘Breathe deeper’ mentions DMT. Also mentions ecstasy and LSD

I learned about DMT several years ago, but I may or may not have found out about 2CB from a Kanye West song.