• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What drug is my friend taking?

Signmeup2

Greenlighter
A close friend of mine has been an alcoholic for quite some time, but recently (within the past year or so) She’s been showing up to get togethers REALLY fucked up like she wasn’t coherent, she was slurring and when she stood still she would rocking side to side sort of. The next morning she asked what happened the night before because she had no recollection of it. Another one of our friends went to her house to see if she was okay only to find her bed and the walls were COVERED in food stains, she also didn’t have a cover or bed sheets, but just the mattress. Nonetheless, her room was a complete pigsty.

My question is what drug(s) could she have possibly taken?

I'm afraid it would all be conjecture because that could be many, many drugs. I know that you are concerned about your friend, but that's basically the truth. Best advice I could give is asking her in a supportive and non-judgemental way, perhaps even someone to talk to (professional).

She sounds like she has some good friends with her best interests in mind, just remember to go easy and be supportive <3

Agree that there is no way of knowing and that it could be any number of different drugs, However it does sound quite a bit like a combination of alcohol and some kind of benzodiazepine. I’ve woken up in trashed rooms with no recollection of what happened when taking valium after already being drunk. But like @White_Rose said the actual drug is less important than the way you approach your friend to offer help and support. It does sound like she needs some professional help. Maybe your group of friends can have a kind of intervention to help her realise she has a problem and then to get her some help.

Sounds kinda like benzos or opiates, maybe just a lot of alcohol. I would say a downer of some sorts anyway

it also could be alchol with or without sleeping pills and or muscle relaxers or combo of opiates

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to the conclussion that this is caused by drugs unless there are more obvious reasons to believe so since there are medical conditions that could cause any of those symptoms.
But if it were because of drugs then I have to agree that benzos are a likely culprit. I've blacked out from benzos before and it's like having a blank gap in your memory after they wear off, and you could be doing anything from being passed out to to just acting extremely drunk to doing all sorts of weird, irrational or even dangerous things during that time.
true, I was on klonipin for years and was so dumb I would mix with alchol all the time lots of concusions face plant scars and can be deadly