• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What dose of Tapentadol have you taken?

30mg Amitriptyline, which the doctor said was a low dose compared to its use as an antidepressant, although I thought it had more or less been superceded by newer SSRI antidepressants which have fewer side effects

I didn't realise it had any recreational use though - how does it make you feel?

I had a stool test which showed abnormal gut biome, but the Dr recommended various probiotics/prebiotics rather than antibiotics which is I guess like the nuclear option.... but if it worked for you that's good. I have taken antibiotics for other things (ear infections)
I wouldn't say it's recreational it's just a more positive mood on it and feeling upbeat.

ah right. btw, what's the highest dose of Tapentadol you've done? - I've read there can be seizure risks, although perhaps not as much as with Tramadol

What dose of Tapentadol have you found effective? Is it similiar in potency to Oxycodone?

Thanks
200mg max. It sucks, won't let me pee for a day and drops my BP in the morning afterwards. Good painkiller but makes you feel wired and WEIRD, shitty drug overall. I prefer tramadol tbhonest.

Naàaaaw it just feels weird. Lame drug man, vicodin feels 1000 times better.
We were talking about amitryptiline not tapentadol. It's an antidepressant.

But I have to disagree with you on tapentadol. I consider it a very good opioid. Like a dirty oxy. I've gotten my rocks off really good on that drug with great opioid euphoiria plus CEVs while nodding similar to K or DXM. Does feel little dirty but that doesn't cancel out the opioid high for me.

I've taken 1000mg of 100mg IR Tapentadol in a day, but I wouldn't recommend that unless you could take 200+mg of Oxy and still be ok. I've never injected or done heroin, but I do have a high tolerance. Usually when I look at these forums this is the kind of answer I would want. If you had never taken opioids before, even 50mg would give you a buzz, if you do it frequently but not everyday 300-400 would be a decent dose. The difference in instant release and modified release makes a massive difference, if you are experimenting with instants, try 100, wait an hour see how you feel. I also like both and legally prescribed oxy and tapentadol together, 40mg oxy, 200mg tapentadol and my country is really strict on controlled medications, so I assume that dose might be considered "safe" according to the doctor.

If you hit the ceiling and take more you will only feel nauseous and will ruin it. Please be extremely careful, this is my experience not advice.

"Most clinical studies have suggested that tapentadol 50 mg has a similar efficacy to oxycodone 10 mg. However, for drugs such as tramadol and tapentadol that have other mechanisms that contribute to their analgesic effect, it is essential to consider analgesic equivalence rather than opioid equivalence"