• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What dose of Tapentadol have you taken?

200mg, not recreational at all. Good for pain tho but it's annoying that I'd always wake up with low blood pressure next morning.

I had at least 50mg (was powder, acquired in the brief period where it was already available but not scheduled), from what I remember it was like a speedy variant of O-desmethyltramadol.

I think I took up to 250mg but I'm on methadone so it didn't do much. I hear it's okay but it's relatively cheap and easy to get for a reason, right?

I think I took up to 250mg but I'm on methadone so it didn't do much. I hear it's okay but it's relatively cheap and easy to get for a reason, right?

I quite liked it the few times I've tried, but it doesn't seem to last for long. I never found codeine, DHC or Tramadol did anything for me personally. Some pills are Tapentadol combined with Carisprodol but I haven't tried those yet. Some report that that combo plus benzos is nice but obviously not recommended for HR purposes

300 mg. I find it extremely recreational on par with oxy or the other greats. It has the added bonus of closed eye visuals due to its strange pharmacology. It does have a weird or sort of dirty feeling like that feeling when you do crack and you can't speak and don't want to move.

If you're on psych meds check for dangerous interactions becauze they exist

I've tried up to 400mg Tapentadol + 500mg Carisoprodol (since I currently can only get the combo versions) at one go, and it gives a sort of strange high that is kind of nice but doesn't last very long. I also noticed strange eye visuals, like things moving when they weren't.

I'm aware that my tolerance is increasing so am taking a break to lower it, as I don't want to ruin the effects like I did with Pregabalin. Next time I'm going to try adding a little Diazepam.

300 mg. I find it extremely recreational on par with oxy or the other greats. It has the added bonus of closed eye visuals due to its strange pharmacology. It does have a weird or sort of dirty feeling like that feeling when you do crack and you can't speak and don't want to move.

If you're on psych meds check for dangerous interactions becauze they exist

by psych meds do you mean antidepressants?

And do you build up a tolerance and find you have to take increasingly higher doses of Tapentadol to get the same effects?

by psych meds do you mean antidepressants?

And do you build up a tolerance and find you have to take increasingly higher doses of Tapentadol to get the same effects?
MAOIs would specifically be a problem....not sure about any other meds but there may be other interactions you should check foe.

Yes tolerance happens.

MAOIs would specifically be a problem....not sure about any other meds but there may be other interactions you should check foe.

Yes tolerance happens.

Cheers. I no longer take SSRIs, but I do take Amitriptyline for gastric problems. I'll be sure not to take it on the same day I take Tapentadol.

I thought tolerance might be an issue as yesterday I took 400mg Tap and felt nothing so I'll give it a break for a few days

Do you find Tap gives you a similar feeling to Pregabalin?

Cheers. I no longer take SSRIs, but I do take Amitriptyline for gastric problems. I'll be sure not to take it on the same day I take Tapentadol.

I thought tolerance might be an issue as yesterday I took 400mg Tap and felt nothing so I'll give it a break for a few days

Do you find Tap gives you a similar feeling to Pregabalin?
No tap gives me a pure opioid feeling that feels like I took a very small dose of ketamine with it.

You should feel 400 mg even if you have a mild opioid dependency that pretty good dose.

On a different subject....amitryptiline. I've taken it for my ketamine damaged bladder for the pain but the Gastrointestinal side effects were so brutal on me. I'm surprised to hear that someone with gastric issues can even take it.

I actually was going to try taking it again at a low dose and see if I can tolerate it....what specifically fo you take it for? For GI related pain?

Does it help? I hear amitryptiline prescribed for so many random incurable diseases I almost feel like it's what they give anyone that their disease has no specific treatments or cures existing for....just throw amitryptiline at it.

Last edited:
No tap gives me a pure opioid feeling that feels like I took a very small dose of ketamine with it.

You should feel 400 mg even if you have a mild opioid dependency that pretty good dose.

On a different subject....amitryptiline. I've taken it for my ketamine damaged bladder for the pain but the Gastrointestinal side effects were so brutal on me. I'm surprised to hear that someone with gastric issues can even take it.

I actually was going to try taking it again at a low dose and see if I can tolerate it....what specifically fo you take it for? For GI related pain?

Does it help? I hear amitryptiline prescribed for so many random incurable diseases I almost feel like it's what they give anyone that their disease has no specific treatments or cures existing for....just throw amitryptiline at it.

I've had really bad Irritable bowel syndrome for years - painful intestinal cramps etc. nothing seems to work for it. Then some doctor told me to take Amitriptyline for it but didn't tell me that it is known for bad side effects - he hadn't even bothered to look at my medical record, so yeah you're right, they seem to just prescribe Amitriptyline for anything now. It doesn't seem to even help with my IBS.

I've had really bad Irritable bowel syndrome for years - painful intestinal cramps etc. nothing seems to work for it. Then some doctor told me to take Amitriptyline for it but didn't tell me that it is known for bad side effects - he hadn't even bothered to look at my medical record, so yeah you're right, they seem to just prescribe Amitriptyline for anything now. It doesn't seem to even help with my IBS.
Why do you keep taking it if it doesn't work? Do you have IBS C or the other kind because the drug constipates worse than an opioid.

I definitely notice a mood boost on the drug. I've heard other people with bladder cystitis say that it does decrease their pain (it also relaxes the bladder detrusor muscle as a side effect which may help).

I went through this 8 month period where my GI system was completely wrecked even for 8 months after stopping all drugs and I was taking amitryptiline hyocyamine and one more drug i forgot that also constipates before this episode....I feel thought those drugs were what fucked my GI, but after surgery colonoscopy and all kinds of tests a doctor finally realized a had abnormal bacterium in the gut and gave antibiotics and it cured my gut instantly....so maybe it wasn't amitryptilines fault but I just have an irrational fear of that drug because I keep thinking it kicked off that GI nightmare I had.

Funny that they combine it with soma, a quite nice little downer in my opinion!

Why do you keep taking it if it doesn't work? Do you have IBS C or the other kind because the drug constipates worse than an opioid.

I definitely notice a mood boost on the drug. I've heard other people with bladder cystitis say that it does decrease their pain (it also relaxes the bladder detrusor muscle as a side effect which may help).

I went through this 8 month period where my GI system was completely wrecked even for 8 months after stopping all drugs and I was taking amitryptiline hyocyamine and one more drug i forgot that also constipates before this episode....I feel thought those drugs were what fucked my GI, but after surgery colonoscopy and all kinds of tests a doctor finally realized a had abnormal bacterium in the gut and gave antibiotics and it cured my gut instantly....so maybe it wasn't amitryptilines fault but I just have an irrational fear of that drug because I keep thinking it kicked off that GI nightmare I had.

I stopped taking Amitriptyline a while back mainly because a blood test I had came back showing my liver function was abnormal and I reckoned that could be a cause.

I don't know what type of IBS I have, except it's plagued my life for years and 'IBS' is a total misnomer in my opinion because it's far worse than just 'irritable'. What dosage of Amitriptyline were you taking?

I'm glad to hear the antibiotics worked for you. I've had my gut tested which showed I had imbalanced bacteria, but instead of antibiotics I took various probiotics (the 'good' bacteria) for a while but it hasn't seemed to help.

I stopped taking Amitriptyline a while back mainly because a blood test I had came back showing my liver function was abnormal and I reckoned that could be a cause.

I don't know what type of IBS I have, except it's plagued my life for years and 'IBS' is a total misnomer in my opinion because it's far worse than just 'irritable'. What dosage of Amitriptyline were you taking?

I'm glad to hear the antibiotics worked for you. I've had my gut tested which showed I had imbalanced bacteria, but instead of antibiotics I took various probiotics (the 'good' bacteria) for a while but it hasn't seemed to help.
I would take anywhere from 10 to 75 mg per day....average was 10 to 20 mg.

What dose did u take?

I actually just took 5 mg for the first time in Iike 2 years becsuse I'm tired of popping opioids and benzos and praying amitryptiline will work this time.

The test I has that determined the abnormal gut biome was called a SIBO test

I would take anywhere from 10 to 75 mg per day....average was 10 to 20 mg.

What dose did u take?

I actually just took 5 mg for the first time in Iike 2 years becsuse I'm tired of popping opioids and benzos and praying amitryptiline will work this time.

The test I has that determined the abnormal gut biome was called a SIBO test

30mg Amitriptyline, which the doctor said was a low dose compared to its use as an antidepressant, although I thought it had more or less been superceded by newer SSRI antidepressants which have fewer side effects

I didn't realise it had any recreational use though - how does it make you feel?

I had a stool test which showed abnormal gut biome, but the Dr recommended various probiotics/prebiotics rather than antibiotics which is I guess like the nuclear option.... but if it worked for you that's good. I have taken antibiotics for other things (ear infections)