• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What dose do you start to notice DXM?

justtakethat

Bluelighter
My only other experience with DXM, I took like 120 mgs or so but I had a bad trip. Basically I had a panic attack and it ruined the whole experience, I tried to throw it up and sleep it off. But just recently I had a cold and took only 40mgs of it, I noticed I was able to feel it pretty well especially after smoking weed. Anyone else notice DXM off of a low dose or are extra sensitive to it or something?

40 mgs would be a theraputic amount, whilst when ingesting an amount such as 90 mgs this would be more recreational.

Some people get extreme reactions to dxm due to enzyme deficiency. These people can experience strong effects from low doses that other people, without the deficiency, wouldn't notice much of anything at the same dose.

It sounds like you might be deficient in this particular enzyme.

But then again some people just react differently to certain drugs. We are differently similar after all.

If you were able to feel 40mg and had a bad trip on 120mg then I recommend not trying higher "recreational" doses. It could be particularly unpleasant if you are indeed deficient in this particular enzyme.

If you do ever decide to try higher doses then it's probably best to slowly try higher and higher doses on separate occasions. Don't just jump to a high dose suddenly as you may regret it.

I'm not 100% sure what threshold dose I would start to notice since my lowest dose ever was 225mg. But since you've had only 40mg to feel it and 120mg seems too strong to you, I think you maybe have the CYP2D6 enzyme defiency that makes people extra sensitive to DXM because your body cannot metabolize it properly.

I would advise you to extra careful when trying DXM since if you do hold the deficient enzyme, normal recreational doses for most people could be deadly or very upleasant for you.

But you could just be particularly sensitive to the effects of DXM and not have the deficient enzyme. Also if you are on any medications, they could interact with DXM by interfering with your metabolism or increasing/decreasing certain neurotransmitters in your body.

If you do want to carry on trying DXM, I recommend just doing low doses and increasing very slowly to see your reaction to it.

I think you should be particularly careful with this drug as you seem like your either very sensitive to the effects, or you carry the CYP2D6 enzyme deficiency which means you carry significant risk when trying this drug.

Sorry the dose I had the bad trip off of was 220 not 120 but I think I may be sensitive to DXM.