• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What does the thc % really mean?

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
I need to wait for vape restock from my normal club. It's 30$a gram and it's good. Adorable. But there no vapes atm under 50$ sooo I'm looking at 14 grams 30% thc. 180$ is that sound doable? There's cheaper weed at 20% but it's it really a big difference between that 10% , any tips?

It's all pharmacology.

Meaning, the more milligrams of THC the better (if you Arte indeed looking at the best bang for buck)

So, 14 grams is 14,000 mg. 30% THC bt wt = 0.3 x 14,000 = 4,200 mg THC/$140 or 30 mg THC/dollar

Without knowing what the 20% weed costs, can't say if it's a better deal. But if it was 1/2 oz @ 20% THC, that would give you 2,800 mg THC. And if at $140 then you are getting 20 mg THC/dollar.

Think of the whole thing in terms of mg THC and work out them/dollar and that's your answer. But yeah, 20% is 33% less than 30% (just 20/30)

Tom

so you're waiting on carts and you're talking about grabbing a half oz of flower aka weed in the meantime - is that right?

if we're talking about weed that's either 30% as opposed to 20%, in my opinion, with weed in that range, it's more variable to the user's preference

you can easily think the 20 > 30, because there's a lot more involved than just thc with weed...concentrates are more directly proportional to thc percentages than flower

Too shelf stuff was always a treat for me, but always less economical.

Beyond the fact that it's more expensive, it's less efficient because in my experience you end up smoking more than required to get high and go through it just as quickly as less potent stuff.

Also remember if it tested at 30% that's with the best sample they cherry picked to analyze from the harvest. The stuff you buy will realistically be closer to 25% or even lower with popcorn nugs/shake.

I don’t think the equation is that easy. Reaction is quite subjective and the subjective changes with variables, like amount used.

I’m looking forward to seeing the labs on cough93 that I’ll get soon. Should be a strong indicator of how much we know about the effects of different cannabinoids.

A grape stomper I grew tested pretty average and destroyed me and the other MGs.

After comparing effects from over 160 tested strains I think we have allot to learn yet.

Last edited:
I don’t think the equation is that easy. Reaction is quite subjective and the subjective changes with variables, like amount used.

I’m looking forward to seeing the labs on cough93 that I’ll get soon. Should be a strong indicator of how much we know about the effects of different cannabinoids.

A grape stomper I grew tested pretty average and destroyed me and the other MGs.

After comparing effects from over 160 tested strains I think we have allot to learn yet.

nice - i ran some grape stomper bx beans a while ago...super frosty and smelled like grape juice...wasn't the strongest tho, i think that's why i didn't keep it

THC percentages really don’t matter as they don’t affect how you feel. THC percentages are used as price benchmarks allowing dispensaries to charge extra for high-THC cannabis flowers and concentrates. They use the incorrect assumption that potency implies quality, tricking experienced weed users into spending extra on high-THC strains.

I would beg to differ there, and suggest that there would be a radical subjective difference between 25% and 35% legit THC levels in two otherwise as identical as possible samples.

It does count. Super high THC though has become increased problematic for many cannabis users and so many have gravitated towards using high quality CBD flower instead even,

I need to wait for vape restock from my normal club. It's 30$a gram and it's good. Adorable. But there no vapes atm under 50$ sooo I'm looking at 14 grams 30% thc. 180$ is that sound doable? There's cheaper weed at 20% but it's it really a big difference between that 10% , any tips?
No, from personal experience the THC percentage doesn't really matter. 10% is more then enough, 30% is OK.

But it depends on the strain, other active's (terpene's and such). if you look at how it affects you. 10 or 30 doesn's really matter ime. 0 % that is when you'll notice something is missing.