• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What does heroin feel like?

Sir_psycho

Bluelighter
I've never used heroin before and it's the only cheap high that I can get access to for now.... so what does it feel like for a first time user? I plan on smoking it.

Don't do it, it's extremely addictive, and unlike pharmaceutical opiates you have no idea how strong it will be and a lot of people over dose and die from using heroin even the first time and experienced users/addicts with a tolerance overdose and die all the time as well.

Also, a lot of heroin is now cut with fent and opioid research chemicals which even people who have large tolerances to heroin and other opiates have died from using tiny amounts of.

Read this entire thread:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/704633-Should-I-Try-Heroin-MEGAThread-v-1

Do you know any heroin or opiate addicts? I do and they have been addicted and using heroin and other opiates for decades and many have died from overdoses, and they all have had close calls with overdoses where they almost died, and they all swore that they would never steal to pay for their dope, inject, or share needles but they've done all of this.

Have you ever used opiates before at all?

Last edited:
Its fucking nice but evil. My OOC ( opioid of choice) was oxy for years but just been dabbling with heroin. Yeah, I said lets just sniff it until about a week and it was the needle. So do what you must, but be prepared to pay the piper.

It's like, all of a sudden, nothing matters. Not in the way you might think, as in all of a sudden responsibilities take no meaning, etc. No, it's more like an all-enveloping physical feeling that goes from inward-out from your gut outward to your psyche. At first, smoking too much will make you vacate your stomach (throw up etc) this is only the beginning. By the time it feels enjoyable to take high doses it's already too late and a slight withdrawal will be felt (psychological at first, but this is what keeps people going back until its purely physical)

I was you asking this same question 14 years ago. What a ride its been. Heroin is the devil. Opiates are hell

It's like ... being a child, sinking into a hot bath during Christmas' eve, with the Christmas lights shining all around you, and with a choir of Christmas angles in your ears ... nothing can take your hope, dreams or joy away, and all anxiety, depression and fears goes away like vampires in sunlight.

Stop just telling him to "not do it" BL is always so preachy....

Anyways you shouldn't do it but you are so think of a cold night but you're wrapped up in your own little caccun of warmth and happiness

Arghhh =] Yeah guys, we know... Yes thats exactly how it feels however how are you gonna be feeling 8-12 hrs later.. or even 4-8... even after going back from a long break.. weigh your choices guys choose your battles! I wish everyone on here all the best!

Be careful. Once she gets ahold of you she wont let go.

Yup. Exactly. Dude, I can't even say how much I identify with that right now. Thing is, you go back and forth back and forth, at one point its like am I going to just touch n go or am i gonna hold on to an unreliable thing, would rather just smoke some spliffs, have a few pints and then just lounge and relax maybe pop a blue or 2 you know plus etcetera, however yes, once the IV gets ahold of one, can be game over quicker than one might expect. Never goin back tho i cannae. Just, once you feel like physically-better, even the slightest relief, start trying to do normal people things again in the way of an average person of your own self that you would assume would be. It's very strange how it works but only through that can you really restore yourself, unless you are especially enlightened in some way or another, I suppose.

Last edited:
Find weed dude, if you're looking for a nice, gentle, and cheap high heroin is not your kinda gal ;)

Haven't been using regurarly for 18 months and this thread is making me hungry again ... even though I'm on 16 mg of bupe per day.

Have u tried weed + benzos? Or perhaps, low dose bupe say , a 0.4 pill sublingual or half of one insufflated, along with some valiums or whatever benzo, and then try some weed, you said you've tried acid and dxm, I personally found alot of the memorable peak experiences to be re-introduced with weed smoking, highly enjoyable I might add, but yeah if you are hell-bent on doing opiates then just start low and work your way up, and especially with bupe try to space it out like your lsd doses. Slippery slope tho. Do not up the dose on the bupe, it's highly addictive for some like you'll keep taking the same dose for a while thinking youre prolonging your high while in reality in builds up in your body/this long-term tolerance and wd sets in. It makes it feel really good to take H when you aren't on them. Dunno what else we can say mate there is plenty of user-reviews about the H experience on this site already =]

All good descriptions above and just like everyone who's habited up will tell you DON'T DO IT but that's gona mean fck all to you if you've decided your gona do it then the chances are you ain't gona change your mind cos some more experienced junkies on a forum are telling you it's a bad idea but jus think about it first yeah it's fcking wicked, I aint gona lie if you listen to pink Floyd's comfortably numb even though the bits of the song that sound most like they're describing the effect well, are actually describing the protagonist going over and being brought back, the song really seems to fit feeling well 'just another pin prick you'l feel no more ahhh....' and so on but that's just it you'l get a brief warming sensation that cons you into thinking eveythings alright, as it takes control of your homeostasis for a time and luls you into a false sense of security and takes you on a voyage of blissful escapism and depending on how fcked you get, you might get a little delirious and start rambling in a barely audible way to someone who isn't there, or not anymore anyway, and start saying things to some one who is that trail off into a slow grumbling noise as you nod off mid sentence, but yeah I aint gona say you won't enjoy that, you would it's hard not to even when you throw up cos you had to big a toke on a joint afterwards and moved a bit too quick, but I did this 18-19 years ago and I could take it or leave it to start with and you will think that too, but gears cheap like you say (at first anyway) but it's every where you go, you can always find it and it will find you but I'm still habited up now all these years later, im on 180mg of methadone a day and using between 1.5 and 3 grm a day on top, iv got 3 big holes down the right side of my groin and 4 on the left, with bilateral deep vein thrombosis and although I always used to think I would never have gone back and stopped myself from trying it that first time I smoked it, I would happily trade that experience for all those years back and a clean life now, but yeah I aint gona lie or lecture (anymore) it's a lovely warming drug that puts your worries a rest, for a while, makes you feel at one with the world, but just think about it m8 cos you will do it again, and what ever you get from it, it won't last long before your just chasing a Dragon (a myth you can't see but want to believe in) jus weigh it up m8 and keep it safe. Stitch

I'll repeat what everyone else has said.. Don't. Just don't. It feels like a warm fuzzy blanket that your mother never gave you as a child. Comfort... At first. Youll fall in love with it, shutting your eyes for just a second will feel like youve crawled into yourself and snuggled down with your own heart and napped in its warmth. You'll do it again, more frequently until it takes every ounce of reason and empathy from your conscience and replaces it with an indescribable pain throughout your body. Kicking at the pain in agony the only complete thought that you'll be able to piece together is a plea, desperate for the pain to stop. Its here that you will do anything and I do mean anything to come up on enough h to get well. Temporarily relieving a pain whilst not being able to enjoy your short lived relief because its easier to hustle when your not sick. Youve just employed yourself, volunteering to work 7days a week to feel..normal. Your new normal.

Its not worth it dude..
Smoke some weed and pop a vicoden
Keep it mild and don't get wild
You'll survive a lot longer