• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What does DL-Phenylalanine do for you?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I bought a bottle while in [common UK health store chain] because it was on sale for super-cheap but I'm not sure what it does?
Anyone tried it? What does it do? Or at least, supposed to do?

I bought a bottle while in [common UK health store chain] because it was on sale for super-cheap but I'm not sure what it does?
Anyone tried it? What does it do? Or at least, supposed to do?

I believe it's a tyrosine precursor and an essential amnio acid. Its purported to increase dopamine production and elevate mood but I wouldn't expect too much from it in terms of "drug like" effects. It's often sold on nootropic and health food websites IIRC.

I believe it's a tyrosine precursor and an essential amnio acid. Its purported to increase dopamine production and elevate mood but I wouldn't expect too much from it in terms of "drug like" effects. It's often sold on nootropic and health food websites IIRC.

Oh, good. I could do with a dopamine boost. Not expecting anything, really, but it can't hurt. Not bad for only 1.99 UK monetary units (technically not pricing).

It's amazing for motivation IF you cycle it and take on a empty stomach. Straight up D-phen is better but I can't find bulk I'm guessing because it can be used as a methamphetamine precurser

it tastes sweet and you can make amphetamine out of it. apart from that it doesnt do much.

I didn't notice much of anything at 500mg-1g. I took it on parnate (which is quite dumb), however. Some people seem to like it and it has some amount of material.

Pretty well researched due to phenylketonuria. Can find ~gram levels in large servings of some foods, and even D-phenylalanine in some aged sources. Not at quite as high of levels.