• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What does an oxycodone high feel like?

There are some scientific studies stating that people with black African origins have strongest metabolize for codeine so they get most morphine out of it, then Caucasians and last Asians. Of course there is individual genetic difference playing around too, maybe that's why codeine syrup is more popular among Afro-american rappers. And lately in Nigeria it have become popular thing for recreational use.

Yep I think this absolutely explains its popularity in the American hip-hop scene. On average those black rappers are far more likely to be ultrarapid metabolisers than whites so they are far more likely to get a morphine high as a result. But even then I think there is a ceiling dose, and the way they sip on it is pretty wasteful because they're redosing which doesn't work well with codeine. You wanna dose all at once ideally. Perhaps why they're moving onto Percocets nowadays. Future and Lil Wayne even did a whole track about OxyContin recently.

My professor always said, the main alkaloid constituents of the poppy plant, when used in medicine, are chemically designed to get the best effects by full liver and enzymatic saturation, not staggered or built up.

Some Synthetics have sometimes been designed in a way that need, in his words push dosing to avoid part portal circulation to result into full cns circulation!!

Reminds me of tramadol. To get a real high from it you needed to take whatever your usual dose was all at once, then redose 50mg every few hours to get the most from it, otherwise any high you got would be very limited. This then of course increases the seizure risk because you keep redosing, but it's the only way the bloody stuff actually works. Same is true for the medical effects which is why the NHS script like 3-4 doses a day when they hand it out.

Of course these days tramadol doesn't get me high anyway no matter how I take it. Very curious how the way my body metabolises tramadol has changed so much over time.

Reminds me of tramadol. To get a real high from it you needed to take whatever your usual dose was all at once, then redose 50mg every few hours to get the most from it, otherwise any high you got would be very limited. This then of course increases the seizure risk because you keep redosing, but it's the only way the bloody stuff actually works. Same is true for the medical effects which is why the NHS script like 3-4 doses a day when they hand it out.

Of course these days tramadol doesn't get me high anyway no matter how I take it. Very curious how the way my body metabolises tramadol has changed so much over time.
It's interesting that nowadays I get nice eupohoric buzz from even from 60mg codeine while opioid naive I didn't feel anything. Same goes with loperamide, 32mg loperamide didnt feel anything evne with zero opioid tolerance, but now it gives me nice mood boost when not having tolerance, 64mg gives euphoria already. I get good high from 20mg oxycodone, but back then not much. So my tolerance have gone even bast the zero from the times of opioid naive times (15 years ago). I don't use daily anymore, but my body metabolizes them different, also methadone and buprenorphine gives now strong dysphoria in any normal "recreational doses" but back then very strong euphoria, now I just need to take maybe 0,3mg bure to get good mood or 5-10mg methadone. Not that I find them very nice feeling anyway,I prefer codeine, tramadol and loperamide over oxycodone, methadone, buprenorpine or pure morphine, but opium is still best, but it makes me somehow depressed still euhporic but depressed same time, strange thing. Benzo effect have changed over year and I usually return to baseline toelrance, I don't get very easy benzo wd's, it takes at least 2 months 2mg xanax 2mg klonopin daily use before I get 1 week insomnia, but pregabalin gives strong WD's just from 5 days use. I've never devloped much tolerance for speed and it always use as 15 yearas back because I use it 6 times a year. Also for some reason quetiapine gives me very good mod next but only for 1 week use, if its over 10 days I get that zombie feeling. Should start own thread for unusual drug effects.

Tramadol still gets me very high, I've never IV'd anything so that might help, even that I have used 200mg oxycodone for logn periods of time and opium and fentanyl, still I get codeine high, just from 60mg, 30mg gives jsut little mood boost.

Last edited:
It is interesting. Even with zero tolerance I get nothing from tramadol except nasty side effects. But yet when I first started on it I used to love the stuff.

Definitely a change in how my body metabolises it. Tramadol, as I understand it, is a prodrug like codeine so I imagine it is enzyme related.

And on that note, I now get much more of a high from codeine than I used to as well. Even if I'm on oxy and have a reasonable tolerance, I get a notable boost from ~300mg codeine. It used to be, without tolerance, codeine did fuck all but make me itch.

That's like asking somebody to describe an orgasm to you. You can't really explain or understand it unless you experience it.

@Wilson Wilson sounds like you just built up a heavy tolerance to Tramadol. The same thing happened to me: after three and a half years I took up to 23 at a time and didn't really get high. That's why I asked my GP to switch me to Dihydrocodeine as it is a stronger ad completely different kind of opioid.

@Wilson Wilson sounds like you just built up a heavy tolerance to Tramadol. The same thing happened to me: after three and a half years I took up to 23 at a time and didn't really get high. That's why I asked my GP to switch me to Dihydrocodeine as it is a stronger ad completely different kind of opioid.

I thought tolerance too, but I mean even after I went months with no opioids at all and was given some tramadol at the hospital, it did absolutely fuck all to me.

And codeine, when I was opioid naive, did nothing much for me at all, but once I got a taste for stronger stuff like oxy, I begun to appreciate codeine more.

This leads me to believe it's rooted in a change in how my body metabolises opioids rather than tolerance. If it was tolerance then months with no opioids would make me get high from tramadol again. But it's never felt good since my initial time using it at uni, even with long tolerance breaks, while codeine, DHC, morphine, etc feel great. I'd honestly even say oral morphine feels better than oxy (if you increase the dose enough to make up for the low BA).