• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What does 1/8 look like

Fetus Fetish

Bluelighter
I am buying from a new dealer and instead of weighing it in front of he handed me a pill bottle filled to the top with nugs, when I pulled them out they were so sticky they were almost wet. I'm not sure if it was the 1/8 I payed for because I suck at eying what is a good comparison to an 1/8.

An eighth looks like an eighth. Look, if you're going to buy drugs on a regular basis that are sold by weight instead of unit (i.e. pills, tabs etc) you need to invest in a scale. There's really no substitute for this. Buy yourself a scale and insure that you don't get ripped off, and buy from people who use scales and don't "eyeball". 101 stuff if you're going to buy drugs.

yes an eighth can vary in what it looks like. dense nugs will make an eighth look small. and vice versa.

only a scale would help you guarantee what you pick up. plus it's not like scales are expensive..

Right if your buying any thing you cant eyeball Like (1 Gram) then your gonna need a scale. I've seen eighth's that look like 2 fat G's cause the buds were literally rock hard and eighth's that looked like quarters cause they were so loose and fluffy. If your smoking weed you should def have a scale that's like a golden pot head rule. But typicaly a eighth goes across the bottom of a standard sandwich bag and is about a inch or 2 in heigth and a inch in width depending on density.

Google images -

'an eighth in grams weed'

There's some pics of it on some scales for you.

Yes, buy some scales.

HPIM4856.jpg

^ That looks like such shit weed, so much stems =D If it was an ok price I would be fine with it tho, better than nothing I guess.

^that weed doesn't even look like weed, it looks like some weird shit someone dug out from beneath the cushions of their couch or something

Yeah I know lol, if it was 10 or 20 bucks and I couldnt get anything else I'd vape that shit up tho... You never know with looks, some ordinary stuff sometimes has some decent amounts of thc I've found. BUt the amount of stem in it is a joke, there's no way I'd be paying top dollar for that, if I did I'd be pissed off.

There are other practical uses for your scale as well. If you are buying any dangerous chemicals that you can od on, it is always good to weigh your doses.

Also, that weed looks like the weed part is good, but what would you do with the .5 1/8th of stems. lol.

Google images -

'an eighth in grams weed'

There's some pics of it on some scales for you.

Yes, buy some scales.

HPIM4856.jpg

^ That looks like such shit weed, so much stems =D If it was an ok price I would be fine with it tho, better than nothing I guess.
Looks like a few grams of stem!

watch the weed being damp,old dealer trick that little bit of moisture adds up. Spray bottle is a rip offs best friend. I was buying half oz of nuggs on the reg from some guy and his shit was always damp and buy the time I properly dried it I was being shorted about 2 grams a half,that shit adds up.

Sadly some collectives here will sell stuff like the herb pictured as "medicine".

Honestly sounds like you got something on point, but eyeballeing is never garuntee only a scale, which you can buy at your friendly neighborhood smoke shop.

An 8th will look different depending on whether you're getting one single big nug, a few medium sized ones or a handful of smaller nugs. How dry it is, how dense/or fluffy the weed is will also change how it looks (difference makes it self clear when you ground the weed up, I love how a small dense nug can conjure a smile on my face when I first open up the grinder :D.

As said above if you suspect you're getting ripped off you should invest in a cheap scale to check if you are or not. IME dealers will compensate when caught out with ripping people off. One guy I had always gave me the correct amount after I told him off once. Another guy would occasionally sell slighty under bags, every time I caught him out he'd make me pay 5 pounds less for my next bag. For weed you don't really need anything better than a simple 0.0g sensitive scale. These go for less than 10 pounds/dollars/euros if you browse around a bit.

If its so sticky that it feels wet then it should be dried some more.

Perfect weed texture should be sticky but also atleast a little crunchy at same time.

there is no way to eyeball the exact weight. the weight depends on the density of the bud, a fat one nug could mean 1 gram or 2 grams

a scale is cheap and be sure to buy the one that measures to 0.01g

An 8th will look different depending on whether you're getting one single big nug, a few medium sized ones or a handful of smaller nugs. How dry it is, how dense/or fluffy the weed is will also change how it looks (difference makes it self clear when you ground the weed up, I love how a small dense nug can conjure a smile on my face when I first open up the grinder :D.

Dude I so know what you mean! Back in my early days of toking I had a small grinder, and quite often I would put a tiny nug in there to find that it was way more than I thought it would be 8o

Having been smoking every day for almost a decade I still have to say that I can't eyeball dead on. It is really hard if not nearly impossible to do just by eye. Every bud has its own density and characteristics to it that makes it nearly impossible to look at a certain size of a nug and declare its weight. Being a gram short or heavy is a lot to miss by in terms of weed but not a whole lot in terms of physical weight.

Really, the only way you will get good at eyeballing somewhat accurately is by buying a scale and dropping it on it. Otherwise you are just taking other peoples word for it.