• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What do you think of this shroomahuasca microdosing protocol?

RhythmSpring

Bluelighter
Well, first of all, do you think shroomahuasca (Syrian Rue + Liberty Caps) lends itself to microdosing as much as traditional Ayahuasca does? I read a thread over at the dmt-nexus about a guy who microdosed ayahuasca for months and experienced great benefits.

So my idea is to dose ~400mg ground Syrian Rue seeds at about 7pm every night, hoping to fall asleep around midnight or sooner. And then, in the morning when I wake up, take a nibble of mushrooms.

Would tolerance build up? In my experience with Syrian Rue, the MAO inhibition lasts for a good 24 hours for me, so I think it would still potentiate the shrooms by the morning.

Any comments on such a procedure? Ideas, suggestions, precautions?
Thankz

One concern that I would have, is that the MAOI might build in my system. Even at low doses, after time, it could accumulate past the point I would be comfortable with. Just because inhibition ceases at 24 hours, doesn't mean your system is clear of MAOI. I may be wrong, this is simply something that I would be certain of before proceeding past the hypothetical.

When you say nibble what do you mean exactly? I have witnessed prolonged microdosed psylocibin and after a while, negative effects can occur. Or they did in this case. The individual ate them daily at work, after a while he became irritable, paranoid and difficult to communicate with. This may not happen with you. There are to many variables.
I dose weekly, on average, with passionflower and mushrooms. The dose varies depending on how I feel at the moment. I'm doing this to work through specific things I feel I need to change about myself.

I have done this once before using rue and smoked dmt daily for three months. Tolerance did develop after a few weeks. I couldn't break through, then toward the end of treatment, I got very little effect at all. This was suggested to me by an American Ayauascero, for lack of a better term, as a treatment for addiction. I won't go into detail here but it was life transforming. I feel I owe my life to this person and these medicines.

Whatever you decide I would love to know the results. Hope my rambling are helpful.

One thing I have noticed about doing microdosing like this (or really any tripping) is that, afterwards, if you are not socially active or even active in nature, in other words you do not get out of yourself, you become kind of shell-y. Maybe that's what this guy who you were saying was microdosing at work went through. It's what I might be starting to go through and I'm trying to avoid it.

I don't mind if MAOIs build up in my system. It seems like mushrooms take care of that anyway. If I take too many MAOI or too many mushrooms, I feel out of balance, but if I take a good amount of each (preferably the MAOI before the mushrooms), they balance each other out and the synergy leads to kind of processing and deepening of one's life that sticks.

Anyone else? Would tolerance build? Or would the MAOI action of the Syrian Rue erase any tolerance build up?

MAOIs prevent the mushroom alkaloids from being metabolized, and potentiate them that way, they don't ensure that the alkaloids are efficacious.

Tolerance develops via downregulation after receptor activation from enough exposure to the drug. Microdosing limits exposure and activation so tolerance develops more slowly.

Combine that with the aforementioned potentiation and you get *less* observed tolerance, not absence of tolerance.

I would personally be very wary of any plan to take MAOIs for extensive terms. Disabling your body's protective mechanisms incidentally is one thing, but structurally that seems like asking for problems. I get if someone else found it very worthwhile but I would never want to take any chances.

I would personally be very wary of any plan to take MAOIs for extensive terms. Disabling your body's protective mechanisms incidentally is one thing, but structurally that seems like asking for problems. I get if someone else found it very worthwhile but I would never want to take any chances.

Protective mechanism? What do you mean?

You talking about the MAOI diet, because that only applies to pharmaceutical MAOIs. Furthermore, most people follow the MAOI diet anyway.

Here's two psychiatrists who reccommend MAOIs over conventional antidepressants. Obviously they're not concerned about "disabling the body's protective mechanisms."

http://www.psychotropical.com/index.php/anti-depressants/general-intro-2

Most Antidepressants Miss Key Target of Clinical Depression. William Harryman. Dec 9, 2009.

I Know this is more about MAOI but, it would still be about increasing shroom potency, heres what I thought;

I've read that psychedelics have tolerance building up cuz of missing glutamate in their receptors and another other reason that i dont remember, so practicaly you can reduce tolreance or even increase the intensity of a trip by taking AMPA positive allosteric modulators such as nootropic of the racetam family which would reduce tolerance AND increase trip intensity.

But here is the part that comes from my mind (on which I would like to know if any1 know anything more than a mabe): you can also theoretically use NMDA antagonist like the day before or 12h before a trip to send a message to your brain to increase glutamate levels wihch then would be avable to you during the trip.

BTW, Magic mushroom and MAOI are great combo if you wanna trip out on your side and come up a better person.