• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What do you prefer; weed OR hash?

Yea bubble hash is definitely your best bet for hash like product in the US. I once in awhile find dry sift which is my favorite but it’s rare.

I feel I should mention Rosin oil is made by squishing bud between two heated elements. I’ve seen it made small and large scale. Rosin is great but the heating almost artificially ages it in a way, so expect a stonier high.

-GC

my bad - i meant to say "bubble hash rosin" aka live rosin

Oh, indeed. Both hash and weed are cheap here, but I kind of grew to dislike marihuana, it is often just too potent. Haven't you hear old cunts complaining about weed not being the same drug anymore? Well, they (us) are right. Lots of weed strains have become a powerful allucinogen (sp?), not the soft treat that it used to be and that hash still is.
Regarding weed I often feel as If I were to walk into a pub for a beer and being told "no, we just sell vodka nowadays"
Apart of that, forestal is my background and it drives me mad to think how many mileranarian, low thc, local strains do we have to lost so the kids can get higher and higher and the industries richer and richer.
Years ago mexican, thai, angola, malawi, colombian.. strains were all so natural and so different...
There is a place for developing accurate pharma varieties to help better some conditions, but replacing a naturally occurring being with a ultra-active shit is a sin in my opinion
We are talking about biodiversity after all, man.
I always hear about weed being so potent these days. IMO, that's only kinda true.
Columbian Gold wasn't bad at all, Columbian Red was fantastic, Hawaiian I suspect glowed in the dark. I think Hawaiian would be considered a good freaking Sativa these days.

There's the Indica/Sativa thing. A good Sativa is pretty pricey nowadays. A more average pure Sativa still costs over it's THC percentage. But, we'll set that aside.

What's different is that the great pot was seasonal back then. What you got most of the time was commercial Mexican or Columbian (and I think commercial Columbian beat the regs of today). Older stoners would stock up when the good shit was around, BTW.

You can always find some good pot if you make an effort nowadays. That's the difference.

Concentrates are another story. Readily available concentrates are surely a different thing. I don't have much experience purchasing those.
"In the day", I did make isopropanol extracts a lot. Mostly to improve commercial pot, but I made a few with great Columbian which were strong as heck.
But, concentrates aside.

If the pot's really good, just do one hitters.

I was introduced to cannabis UK born 1980 growing up surrounded by hippy hashish culture, my mum acquired clean moroccan soap bars and as a communal way of life all friends dwelled and partook!

I first tried cannabis though age 17 after 1 year heavy Exstacy & LSD use.

My mum always told me if I ever wanted to try drugs come & see her and she'll give me a bit of dope to eat.

As she did herself. Because no tolerance eating hash is the tits especially high dose.

1-2 grams regular. Even while working.

Supremely off your nut, so colourful and hallucinogenic.

One weekend I ate 3.5 grams 3 times, the 3r 1/8th I ate Monday morning working asca dustman.

On paper serious amounts of THC like over 2500 mg's in 3.5 grams.

Massive bucket bongs too. They make the ground/near horizon, usually level, appear like a steep Pyramid lol.

I adored hash. Many still do.

But Columbian weed for example is equally special.

And the best original skunks, sweet Orange bud, UK Cheese, plus the I hear outstanding Sativa landrace strains we selsom see like Maui Waui and Panama Gold.

We are deprived & denied, otherwise we'd know easily what's best, cultivate that shit, all of it, and enjoy it all.

Best weeds, best hashish, pollen, Afghan Black, too!

We used to get huge 18 OZ chocolate bar like bars of sticky malleable goldseal black, could bend like a ruler.

Then there was the original purple haze too wow.

In 1991 I saw a half a kilo afghan black in Ireland with "Smash Kremlin" as a seal.

Don't really get what you mean by calling Maroc and pollem a different thing. Every old style made (by beating the plant over a filter with sticks), marroccan is pollem, literally powdered pollem like those that you see from a lot of plants in spring. Then the producer may press it lightly into what we call "pollem" wich still has that golden colour, or press it harder into what we know as "gum" or "hash" here, in wich case it turns dark.
I don't remember the last time that I needed to burnt it to make a joint, probably in the soapbar era. Here (Spain) hash or pollem is often very fresh, creamy and soft.

Oh, indeed. Both hash and weed are cheap here, but I kind of grew to dislike marihuana, it is often just too potent. Haven't you hear old cunts complaining about weed not being the same drug anymore? Well, they (us) are right. Lots of weed strains have become a powerful allucinogen (sp?), not the soft treat that it used to be and that hash still is.
Regarding weed I often feel as If I were to walk into a pub for a beer and being told "no, we just sell vodka nowadays"
Apart of that, forestal is my background and it drives me mad to think how many mileranarian, low thc, local strains do we have to lost so the kids can get higher and higher and the industries richer and richer.
Years ago mexican, thai, angola, malawi, colombian.. strains were all so natural and so different...
There is a place for developing accurate pharma varieties to help better some conditions, but replacing a naturally occurring being with a ultra-active shit is a sin in my opinion
We are talking about biodiversity after all, man.

i actually think new weed is weaker. Back in the day you had Acapulco gold,, Durban poison and the like and they where all 25% thc. The new strains tend to be indica or hybrids to which i dont like as much

i actually think new weed is weaker. Back in the day you had Acapulco gold,, Durban poison and the like and they where all 25% thc. The new strains tend to be indica or hybrids to which i dont like as much
If I have been smoking Indica dominant for a while and get a Sativa dominant, I realize there is something that has been missing in the high. It's not just "sleepy" or "up", there's something missing from Indica.
Good Sativas are pretty pricy. All pot was pure Sativa back in the day.

If I have been smoking Indica dominant for a while and get a Sativa dominant, I realize there is something that has been missing in the high. It's not just "sleepy" or "up", there's something missing from Indica.

Ya here Acapulco gold is >prices not allowed< for 3.5 grams at the weed store. it's alot more expensive then hybrids or indicas thats for sure

Last edited by a moderator:

Any idea what that something would be?

(Am curious not judging)

Any idea what that something would be?

(Am curious not judging)
Hmmm. Floaty? Happy? High? Indica feels sleepy and syrupy. A pure Indica sometimes only that.
I like it all, don't get me wrong. But Sativa has something a pure Indica sometimes does not.

And, as I said, it's pretty great to be able to get good pot if you look a little, even in a non-legal state.

Hmmm. Floaty? Happy? High? Indica feels sleepy and syrupy. A pure Indica sometimes only that.
I like it all, don't get me wrong. But Sativa has something a pure Indica sometimes does not.

And, as I said, it's pretty great to be able to get good pot if you look a little, even in a non-legal state.

I'm curious as to what would cause such a difference. Seems like a mystery still. CBD isn't really the answer to sativa/indica right?

I have a hard time noticing any difference between strains, personally.

I'm curious as to what would cause such a difference. Seems like a mystery still. CBD isn't really the answer to sativa/indica right?

I have a hard time noticing any difference between strains, personally.
Yeah, they still don't know for sure. CBD does have a real effect modifying THC and it is a factor, but they are also thinking CBG, THCV, and others have a modifying effect.

I've tried THCA isolate, which theoretically turns to pure THC when smoked. It seemed Sativa like to an extent. Sure wasn't sleepy headed. Has anyone had experience with THC isolate from a dispensary?

Taking CBD before smoking does lead to a more relaxed, extended, and better for pain relief effect for me. Less "high", more relaxed and longer. Consistently. Definitely modifies the buzz.

I saw a gram of black hash in a plastic container in my drawer today and just wanted to light it all up,
scrumptious looking as hell.

something about flower that i miss when i do the dabs thing.

i LOVE the taste of a good live resin, but flower is my old go- to and prolly always will be.

with that said, a good rso is right up there.

Depends. Def smoke way more weed than hash, but they are good in thier own ways.
Hash is great, but also not the most convienient. Much more likely to get ripped off with hash than weed, at least in my area.

When it comes to the actual experience tho and not just the life factor, i feel like hash is better for getting fucked up. Not gonna go for hash and then have a chill night watching the fuckimg sandlot . Much more of a social thing for me personally. Get fucked up with the boys kinda thing ykwim.
If im trying to chill after a shitty day and just scroll r/wholesome memes or some stupid shit im reaching for the weed.

Used to only smoke hash but these days i prefer some high quality locally grown buds 😉