• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What do you do with your res? You're probably doing it wrong!

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
I used to throw my resin away until I discovered that it actually has a use. Who wants all that tar in their lungs, right? BUT, if you take a ball of res and put it on top of a piece of charcoal, it makes for an amazing incense. It smells disgusting in high concentrations, but once it's dispersed throughout the air, it's much more pleasant. Your entire house will smell like dank. Resin quickly took it's place among my favorite incenses.

tbh that sounds worse than smoking it lol no way would I burn res in my house

It just smells like weed, if you like the smell of weed then you'll probably be surprised at how well this works. Traditional incense sticks are made using the resins of plants anyway.

Glad im not the only one who did this. It's actullay not a bad idea and many people don't know of it.. Would work good for people who like the smell of bud but cant smoke it, and dont wanna burn actual flowers, cause that cost money, so why not just ask a friend, hey can i get your resin lol. Most people wont smoke resin anyway and the people i know always have bud, so it works out. But when i smoked, i use to do this quite a bit, just to keep the dank smell lingering for awhile when i didn't wanna smoke again yet. I would get some extra dank stuff and clean my bowl before smoking the new stuff out of it, cause mixed resin kinda smells nasty but when you got the resin from just one bomb smelling strain it actullay does smell good in small amounts. I wouldn't burn it incense style though, i would just stick a little ball about the size of a dab or so on my aluminum poker and hold the lighter up to it for about a minute or untill it caught fire and started glowing and smoking, then fan it around the room for a minute, and leave the room and come back in like 10 minutes and it smells like somebody just blazed some bud up in there and it lingers around for quite some time also..

i hate the smell of resin. i can't imagine res-incense to be a good smell, though, i'd give it a try.. ;)

... I can honestly say based on the title I was not expecting someone to be burning it for its scent. Not judging just saying I definitely got a laugh out of being taken off guard :)

The things you learn. Never really owned a lot of incense before, couldn't have guessed it was made from plant resin.

I roll mine up into a ball, scrape the keif from my grinder's catcher, cover the ball with it and smoke away. Feels so much more intense than regular flower.

^ lmao well maybe to some people, you just gotta have some self control i guess, plus some people really cant smoke bud for whatever reason but still like to smell it, me being one of those people. And it is actulay used that way from a medical standpoint except it's flowers not resin, it's called aroma therapy and it really helps relax people who don't or cant smoke it. I smoked it for 13 years but now my nerves are shot and my paranoia issues dont allow me to smoke it anymore but i still like to kick back, chill, relax and smell some bud burning and i dont get any urge what so ever to smoke, cause i know i cant. In my case it's just too hard to say goodbye completely i guess lol.. But long as the resin is from one kind of bud and burned in small small amounts it smell's just like flowers and will bring you back to happier daze.

Last edited:
I used to throw my resin away until I discovered that it actually has a use. Who wants all that tar in their lungs, right? BUT, if you take a ball of res and put it on top of a piece of charcoal, it makes for an amazing incense. It smells disgusting in high concentrations, but once it's dispersed throughout the air, it's much more pleasant. Your entire house will smell like dank. Resin quickly took it's place among my favorite incenses.

You remind me of a kid who used to eat resin, he couldn't get enough of it either.