• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What do you do and how can you use your expertise to help fellows Bluelighters?

*=Regulator=*

Bluelighter
My intention with this thread is to create a directory of bluelighters who have expert knowledge in a particular (non-drug related) area and are willing to use this knowledge to assist their fellow bluelighters :).

I'm currently a student so I don't have much practical experience but I'm doing an honours degree in Marketing (extra year after you finish your bachelors) so I know a fair bit about the area. If anyone is opening a business or looking for general marketing advice I'd be happy to help:) - just PM me. I also did a major in psychology so I have a pretty good knowledge of mental disorders and associated treatments.

How about you?

I work in insurance ... and so make a fairly good punching bag.

due to the nature of my expertise, my knowledge isnt the kind that would be of use to anyone here.

^ and i'll be damned if i pass off the job of protecting fine honeys such as yourself to somebody that just wont cut it ;)

My expertise is in computers. Repairing, building, configuring, anything troubleshooting.........Its basically all i have ever done......and what i'm known for. Due to my business.
Except, for here on BL. lol.

From all aspects of the hardware in a PC in general, or each seperate component.
And windows itself....troubleshooting, drivers, etc.....

I look at second opinion, when i think of it and try to help...
But i have helped people numerous times who just sent me a PM instead of posting. which is all good.

I have extensive knowledge of linux computer systems, as well as writing code fore them and windows server products. (and a lesser amount of knowledge with other UNIX variants... solaris, *BSD, etc). I am an IT manager right now.

Though my true interests and academic focus is on biology/chemsitry,,, specifically plant physiology and phytochemical production.

nice thread idea.

i have a lot of general computer experience particularly office applications and mobile applications.

i also know a fair bit about snowboarding so i can help you with that heelside turn :)

alasdair

Mechanical Engineer - Hydraulics, Structural, Equipment manufacturing (ie - shop experience working with steel), FEA and a multitude of CAD software (as Admin, User, and Programmer)

I'm a psych grad student/TA....I can help with understanding psych concepts, though my area of expertise lies more with psych/law than any mental health issues. I know APA style backwards and forwards, and can help you plan out a good research paper and give you ideas on where to look for sources. I can also help with the "getting into /apply for grad school" process.

Beyond that I'm a fairly good baker & seamstress, although those things are more difficult to help someone out with if you can't see them.

I bet everyone can guess what I'm going to say ;) Maths and physics and if anyone reading wants any help with them (sub-Masters level) I'm always willing to help via PM :)

I can also clap one handed, but I don't find many people have a need for that :D

I work for the DVLA (UK), so if you need any info about licences or what not, Im your man.

I'm also pretty good at web desgin and I have 2 dedicated servers. I've also got a very large site that use to advertise other projects on (If you need help with anything like that).

What I'm suprised about is that nobody has said their expertise is 'drugs' ;)

Addendum to my list of skills and qualities - ability to tell you random facts of no use whatsoever. But that, also, would put me in with the majority of BLers and not make me very special :\

TheLoveBandit said:

Only thing suprizing about it...is it means almost everyone so far actually read more then the just the topic.

It says: "non-drug related" :D

I'm pretty decent with;
Motorbikes
Cars
Health and Fitness
Martial Arts

Anyone can PM me if they please and I will try to help them =)

Sociology Major here. One more year before my BS.
I'm specifically aiming at mob-like crowd studies, and mass manipulation. Let's not forget the study of propaganda.

Oh yeah, I'm minoring in History.

TheLoveBandit said:
Everyone knows that'd be Bilzor, Fastandbulbous and TheDEA.org :D

TheLoveBandit said:

Addendum to my list of skills and qualities - ability to tell you random facts of no use whatsoever. But that, also, would put me in with the majority of BLers and not make me very special :\

my ability to split 48 Nurofen Plus in half in < 1 minute and open beer bottles with my teeth is not going to help too many people! :D