what did you want to be as a child? and do you still have the same ambition now?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
as a morbid kid, i wanted to be a pathologist.

as a morbid teenager/young adult, i wanted to be dead. now i'm less enthusiastic about it happening right now.

so far, neither of my ambitions have come to fruition. but i dno't even want to be a pathologist any more, so not too bothered about that.

I didn't really have many grand aspirations growing up.

I wanted to be a professional chess player/Grandmaster when I was 11 or 12

I wanted to be a software developer at one point as well, though that was more of an expectation and less of a desire.

I wanted to be a dentist or doctor as a child.

In middle school and early high school, I wanted to go into electrical engineering and/or programming.

Now I want to go into chemistry and neuroscience.

I first wanted to be a country vet mainly treating livestock and horses. I used to spend my school holidays volunteering with the local vet from age 10-12. I enjoyed many happy days elbow deep in animal rectums or covered in blood.

Then when I was in High School I wanted to be a doctor for a while and then maybe Australia’s Foreign Minister. But then, drugs….

But the absolute last thing I wanted to be was what I ended up becoming: an M&A consultant….I still have no idea how that happened

Now I just want to collect art , curate exhibitions, and write witty articles poking sly fun at all the things I don’t like in contemporary culture.

Now I want to go into chemistry and neuroscience.
Neuroscience is where we need smart people like you. Plus Neurosicence is SO MUCH MORE facinating than Chemistry!

Did you know: The Human Brain is the most complex mechanism in the Universe! We know more about the Sun, more about the Stars, than we do about the Human Brain. How wild is that!?

Neuroscience is where we need smart people like you. Plus Neurosicence is SO MUCH MORE facinating than Chemistry!

Did you know: The Human Brain is the most complex mechanism in the Universe! We know more about the Sun, more about the Stars, than we do about the Human Brain. How wild is that!?
Aren’t some pretty advanced chemistry qualifications a pre-requisite for a career in neuroscience?

didn't know you were into chess

we have a little chess club here, not very active, though

if you ever want to play PM me :) I like to get drunk and play online
playing chest is fun
on air lol GIF by Elvis Duran Show

Half of me wants to go into Neuroscience, although it would take me until the age of 50 to graduate.

My Cousin Co-Authored this Study:

KuhkbIE.png
That might be just the kind of project to distract you from ruminating endleasly on the CIA.

I’ll be 55 when I receive my PhD and start a whole new career the exact opposite of what I did for the first 25 yeaea of my working life.

As a child I wanted to get up @6am grab my zebco & tackle box and fish a quarter mile of the lake across the street I lived on in MI
then wait for Dad to get home so we could cook em up on the grill

during the school part of those years I wanted to do the same

I still have the urge to catch and fire up a few of em' on a campout

So, a fisherman?

An actor or director or something theatrical. No, I don't think I'll make it to Hollywood now lol. I still love cinematic stuff though.

Well actually my ambition is still to get to Hollywood, but as a tourist. I have been there.. For a week on the way home from the UK when I was 10yo 😎

An actor or director or something theatrical. No, I don't think I'll make it to Hollywood now lol. I still love cinematic stuff though.

Well actually my ambition is still to get to Hollywood, but as a tourist. I have been there.. For a week on the way home from the UK when I was 10yo 😎
Don’t tell the Seppo’s but the UK makes much better cinema and television - maybe aim “lower” and make indie films at home?