• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What Did You Do For Your Education/Career Today?

Today I'm gonna talk to to a professor who I might go and Post-doc for. Yay options!!!

Sat around and read lots of wikipedia pages. Mostly about things involving korea and nitrous. I usually look up a lot of wikipedia articles every day randomly. I was looking up things about russia and france the other day.

Bought blank cd's and cases and made hip hop/reggaeton mix tapes sold em for $3-$5 each made $150 in one day it was almost all from t.i.s new album "f**k a mixtape" sold em $5 each brand new they $25

I read an article in a Spanish newspaper using a dictionary, and only had to use the latter twice. So +1 for working on spanish.

--

Also been reading for more than a month about RF signal propagation. It is one of those frustrating areas of study, driven *only* by a passion for scanning the ether. Otherwise, I was never great with numbers, and a lot of people who write on the subject tend to assume you know a lot aready, or overwhelm you with information.

I am trying to get an Amateur Operator license - primarily for fun, but also to see if that might help me work for a railroad company, as they (Canada Pacific in this case) seem to indicate that such a qualification might be helpful.

I finally submitted my pilot study to the IRB for human subjects approval. Hopefully I will be cleared for research so that I can start my study in the Fall 2011 quarter!

Today I started a module on rotary wing (helicopter) theory of flight.

My class just finished our aircraft rigging and structures, I got a 96% on the exam. (I screwed up a little should have gotten 98%).

We have only a few more days to go in the year, and then we write the final exam 150 questions.

Then I get to be paid to apprentice for the next 3 years basically still in school, at a minimum wage of $14 which increases every year. I'm fucking excited to be out into the workforce :D

I am an aspiring Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (like aircraft inspectors in the states, not really like A+P).

Majoring in Computer & Information Science with a speciality in Network Security. Just passed the A+ exam with flying colors today, and getting ready for Net+ and Security+ in the upcoming months.

Today I had a paper accepted by a good sociology journal. I am pleased - it's very validating.

I'm a teacher. Today, I was sitting in a parking lot waiting for a friend when a few students from 4 years back pulled in next to me. They all said hi. They all went in but one who stayed to chat with me for a minute then he asked me if I smoked herb. I said yes and he said hold on a second.... .went over to his car, came back to my car and handed me a big baggie. He said, "This is a half o. You always helped me and were good to me, and I owe you." I said, "You don't owe me anything. I'm sure of it." He said, "Don't even be like that. I owe you a lot."
So I'm smoking bowl after bowl right now. I have no idea what I did to have that happen but I guess I did something right for someone.

^ That's hilariously awesome

I haven't gone in to work yet, but I will be working on a paper to submit for publishing and working on a presentation for a seminar for a prospective Post-Doc position (Cross your fingers!)

Spent some time researching a solid advanced organic chem book for some fun reading, but I'm taking a while to really figure out what I'm looking for since my schoosl organic program isn't the best, which probably left me with a little bit of a need for a slight overview while diving into the higher levels.

My goal for this summer is to get through this neuroscience book, along with a neuropharmacology book, with the organic chem book. A good summer reading. Honestly reading text books is a lot easier now and days than a novel. I'm wondering if I'm going to have some time to read infinite jest...