• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants what device do you use for vaping your meth or cathinones?

izo

Bluelighter
i always used a tea light but this doesnt hold the trick anymore, lighters are to expensive when youre vaping all the time. ive heard of people using a torch lighter, with some kind of jet engine flame, but i dont know if these are neccessarily more productive than a regular lighter. it shoud be reflillabe and not to expensive. please share youre devices for vaping.

lol i consider myself a traditionalist i would only use a bubble. that's if i started sketching again..

I used to just chase it off foil like no3 h but got into using a glass pipe as I was told it was far superior. It's better, and safer as foil is bad for your lungs and brain among other things.

Don't use anymore though thank fuck!

Oh and a tealight seems like a good idea for a flame so you don't burn your thumbs. Those jet engine/blow torch lighters are good too just gotta be careful to not burn ya stuff up

Normally a Clipper lighter, but the striking wheel gets hot. Push button lighters melt in the heat as well so aren't much use.

That's why I was saying a tea light or other candle is a good idea if you don't have a blowtorch type lighter.

In my very last meth binge I discovered the perfect set up. I should have taken pictures because it is a little hard to explain.

Halfway through a 1/4 ounce at around 2AM I punched a hole in my glass bowl pipe trying to clean it with a brass brush from a Dremel. I was just twirling the brush in my fingers, not scrubbing the glass at 2,000 rpm with the Dremel but it still cracked. Fortunately, I had stockpiled a box of 6 brand new halogen light globes precisely in case I ever found myself in this situation. Unfortunately, I was so twacked that in less than an hour I had massively cracked or holed every one of those globes trying to make a vaporiser. Even though I actually have previously made a lightbulb vaporiser several times in a pitch dark room entirely by touch and occasional lighter flashes with a bic.

I was pouring sweat, totally determined to smoke more, and getting highly anxious as I ransacked the house for something to use. I tried blowing a new bubble but got no where. Then I found a stockpile of these 10ml glass vials I use to store different drugs. They are made of super thick glass and the black lid is some kind of heat resistant bakelite material that is difficult to melt.

So using a diamond point drill bit in my Dremel (honestly, the tweaker’s favourite toy) I cut a 0.5 cm carb hole at the bottom on one of the long sides and cut a hole just big enough to insert a bendable stainless steel drinking straw through the black lid. I used a thin cutting disk to put several 3mm long vertical cuts in one end of the straw, inserted it in the lid and then peeled back the strips I’d cut in the end to lock it into the lid and make a seal. I just bent the metal straw a bit to position the glass vial in the ideal position with carb hole in an upright position and tried smoking a small shard as an experiment.

The glass was so thick that what worked best was a really good hit with a jet lighter to liquify it and then a careful little jiggle of the metal straw to keep the puddle in the middle of the glass vial. With maybe 10-15 seconds further direct heating with a jet lighter the puddle would hit the correct temperature perfectly and plume massively and I was getting the biggest hits I have ever gotten from any implement ever. Not once did I burn anything and I put 2 grams through it over the next day with no problems whatsoever.

If I ever wanted to smoke meth again I swear I would just make another one of these rather than buy a pipe or bubbler.

As for regular smoking in a glass bubble. Your best heat source is a small spirit lamp with the thinnest possible wick fuelled with denatured alcohol (Methylated spirits). If you keep the flame no bigger than 3-5 mm it’s the perfect temp to just heat your puddle to the point of pluming but not enough to burn no matter how long you hold it on.

We made them out of nailpolish jars, using a 1” ball needle from an air pump to screw into the jar and hold the wick taken from a small birthday cake candle. A little jar would burn clean blue with no soot at the perfect temperature for 2-3 hours at least before you needed to add more fuel.

i tried tea lights, but they didnt do the trick i also left wax residues all over my clothes and the floor. then i switched to lighters which where ok, but when you take a every 10minutes or so it gets expensive.
i thought about something like this:

s-l1600.jpg

i always used a tea light but this doesnt hold the trick anymore, lighters are to expensive when youre vaping all the time. ive heard of people using a torch lighter, with some kind of jet engine flame, but i dont know if these are neccessarily more productive than a regular lighter. it shoud be reflillabe and not to expensive. please share youre devices for vaping.
I really don’t understand when y’all say “vaping” crystal..how is this different from smoking and can someone explain the process in a simple way I can understand? Lol. Really curious about this but confused lol.

Normally a Clipper lighter, but the striking wheel gets hot. Push button lighters melt in the heat as well so aren't much use.

That's why I was saying a tea light or other candle is a good idea if you don't have a blowtorch type lighter.

You can mod a normal lighter by sticking a thin needle in the gas nozzle, seal around the needle with superglue.
You'll need another lighter to ignite, but you can keep it on indefinitely after that, no part of the lighter will heat up at all.
You can snip off the extra needle with wire cutters.

pro-lighter.jpg

Ah yeah I've seen this before Phobos but never tried it. Seems like a bit of a faff, especially if you're going through loads of lighters and don't use needles anyway.
Moot point for me anyway as I don't use Tina no more. It's far too expensive here in the UK and I've fucked up enough of my life!

Ah yeah I've seen this before Phobos but never tried it. Seems like a bit of a faff, especially if you're going through loads of lighters and don't use needles anyway.
Moot point for me anyway as I don't use Tina no more. It's far too expensive here in the UK and I've fucked up enough of my life!
Well obviously you would do this with a refillable lighter.
I bought the needles online when I wasn't using them just so I could create the ultimate MKat vaping lighter, it was totally worth it.
I also had torch lighters and a proper Chef's torch, after I made that lighter the chef's torch only purpose was to incinerate the residue to clean the pipe.
Good on you for quitting the Meth btw, in this case I'm glad I couldn't be of any help!

I really don’t understand when y’all say “vaping” crystal..how is this different from smoking and can someone explain the process in a simple way I can understand? Lol. Really curious about this but confused lol.
I’m pretty sure everybody is talking about the same thing but using different terminology: heating the crystal form of methamphetamine HCLin a glass implement under a flow of cooler air until it melts at about 150 C , forms a liquid puddle, and then vaporises or ‘plumes’ at around 215 C to form a vapour containing methamphetamine HCL and probably small amounts of methamphetamine base and hydrochloride acid. The cloud of plume or vapour occurs when the puddle at around 215 C flows over glass at a different temperature inside the airflow as you inhale and draw air in through the ‘carb’ hole in your pipe or other implement.

Done correctly ‘smoke’ is never produced. Smoke results from the burning or pyrolysis of the meth HCL and contains many toxic particulates caused by the burning (which also tastes like shot and ruins the rest of your meth HCL in the smoking implement.

To make it more confusing is it is also theoretically possible but quite difficult to efficiently ‘vape’ methamphetamine in an electric vaping device the same way liquid tobacco or cannabis dabs (?) can be smoked in an electronic cigarette. The meth is converted to powder and suspended in a polar solvent carrier substance like glycerine then heated on a coil in the device until it vaporises (but before it burns). I’ve never seen it done in practice or known anyone who has done it successfully. That;’s not what’s we are talking about here anyway.

To make it more confusing is it is also theoretically possible but quite difficult to efficiently ‘vape’ methamphetamine in an electric vaping device the same way liquid tobacco or cannabis dabs (?) can be smoked in an electronic cigarette.
could a vape like this one be useful? it can certainly vaproize THC concentrates and DMT, i have witnessed both myself. idk if the temp would be suitable for methamphetamine, but the fact that it's heated by a torch makes me think it may be promising

We say vape Meth because ideally you never burn it, you only make it boil into vapor.
Smoke is that you get when you burn something.

OMG! Is vaping mephedrone any good?? @Phobos
Maybe I didn't learn how to make huge hits properly but no, vaping it does not do much for me.
It seems less empathogenic and more "tweaky".
But if you take a few hits 5 minutes after snorting a fat line, then we're talking, the rush comes on way harder.

could a vape like this one be useful? it can certainly vaproize THC concentrates and DMT, i have witnessed both myself. idk if the temp would be suitable for methamphetamine, but the fact that it's heated by a torch makes me think it may be promising
Possibly. But I think it would be a hassle and not offer any advantags over a glass bowl pipe.

You would need to hold it at a downward angle lest the meth puddle flow into the mechanism and recrystalise there and gum up the works.

Meth needs to get to around 215 degrees C but not more. The pen seems calibrated to ‘click’ at the ideal temp for vegetable matter - I have no idea what that is relative to meth.

You need to carry an external lighter/torch for the pen. Same as a pipe. The attractive thing about an electronic vaper is that you have no open flame.

I’m not sure of what it is about the different properties of glass vs metal - but no-one ever seems to smoke meth off metal whereas there seems to be no problem with vegetable material.

I’m not sure of what it is about the different properties of glass vs metal - but no-one ever seems to smoke meth off metal whereas there seems to be no problem with vegetable material.
yeah idk why glass works much better than metal, but it certainly does.

unfortunately, most non drug users don't understand this and dont see why crack/meth pipes are indeed effective harm reduction when the alternative is tin foil and a pop can.

yeah idk why glass works much better than metal, but it certainly does.

unfortunately, most non drug users don't understand this and dont see why crack/meth pipes are indeed effective harm reduction when the alternative is tin foil and a pop can.
My guess is that since glass is much worse at conducting heat compared to metals, it slowly heats up and cools off and therefore it's easier to reach and maintain an ideal temp.
Also, a metal pipe would definitely get too hot to touch with your fingers and lips after a few hits.