• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What decides what you see and how you see it on psychs?

because gravity is a force not an object. :)
But gravity is (or, at any rate, theoretically may be) conveyed by gravitons, just as light is by photons. :)

Really, chaps, the vestibular sense (i.e. the sense of balance) is just like all the other senses (or at least, as different from each of them as they each are from each other). It is a sense, by any reasonable definition.

ETA: Sorry for engaging in off-topicness, and so rantingly too; I'll shut up now. :)

I would say it's all relative to what dose you are taking , the only times I've ever had totally out of body experiences was with super high doses of LSD. Ive been transported into space and floated around the cosmos off 20 blotters but if I was to only to take 1 or 2 blotters I would just get visual's in which objects would breathe and bend. Your set and setting is what inspires most of your visuals throughout your trip so I would think they would be the most crucial tools you could use to guide it's direction.

It is normal to have out of body experiences on 20 hits of L?
I am going to 1,2mg lsd trip and I must ask if i can have out of body experienc,with aid of weed and silent dark room.

This gets a bit technical, but there has been some research done on how the visual hallucinations from psychedelics are generated: http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Models_of_visual_hallucinations

Yeah there's a couple of papers using a computer model of the V1 visual cortex and adjacent units/cells are either desensitized or increased sensitivity to firing of a neurone. By putting in figures for how LSD causes sensitivity to change, the virtual trip patterns produced show a remarkable correlation to CEV geometric patterns.

The more complex ones like walls breathing are probably a combination of the V1 firing pattern and the brain being overwhelmed with visual sensory input which combine to produce the more complex visual effects. As we are basically pattern recognition machines, the brain will try to make sense of such excesses of data by fitting it to known, recognized patterns, hence the ikkusion of seeing elves etc

Well that's how I read it

the only drug that has induced hallucinations of things that actually were not there was on ketamine, where i could create my own objects out of thin air, which looked like water, and would change forms... otherwise with shrooms 2Cx LSD i've only really had visual distortions, sometimes so distorted that its hard to make out what you'r seeing, especially when colors become sounds, and sounds becom words... but i've never seen the famous flying pink elephants