• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What could of caused my current situation, peeing every ten min.

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
Now it's not never ending. If I hold on my pee it seems like I can go a hour with out peeing but if I keep peeing I go every ten min. So thing is 3 years ago a truck hit me, 1 year ago my heart stopped when fluid that had built up was being removed and I was brought back. Now my current doctor at the pain clinic I go to (for you who don't know in CA there are pain clinics that will give you norcos, I wish I had known about this a long time ago) anyways my doctor puts a acupuncture needle with electricity to stimulate my bladder which can solve they problem but it's been a couple of months now and it's not better. I don't know where to go with this beside I'm going to ask for the test where you pee for 24 hours and save it. I have goggled this to death. So I'm wondering what probably did this my doctor says meth but in all fairness they doctors blame all my problems on meth and I know lots of people who do meth and there fine. So I think it might be from my heart stopping my point is any ideas on what might help this or solve this? I don't have a bladder infection. It's like I'm peeing way more then I drink. I just started diet pills phentermine and so I'm driving and eating very normally I feel and I take a pill at night to help me pee but during the day I really dunno what to do. Can I eat something to pee less or could cranberry juice solve this? Try to think of peeing every ten min, I just want to get in shape I work out a lot I try very hard to get better I've been sober a year now but if this is something that I have to live with I think I might start doing meth again because I remember not driving water for days on meth and I rermenter not having to pee a lot on meth. This may sound hard to hear for everyone that sober I would want to go back to what almost killed me but I only drank two cups of water and as coke today and I'm flipping out over this. The only other idea I have is maybe this is from salt, I eat lots of salt and I read that if you eat too much salt you crave more salt and so you end up using more and more however my lay blood test was fine. I just took my blood Friday again I'll let you know if anything pops up. Any ideas I can share with my doctor? I really want a drug to take during the day to stop having to pee. I can barley walk and make it back home to pee. Any ideas thank you. I'm sorry all my posts are so depressing but like I said in trying. I've seen doctors in getting treatment. What am I missing. I was thinking of stopping using salt I just don't want to and would've my sodium be high? Because it's not.

Pain meds make you stop peeing if you take to many, isn't there something else that can do that? I just want to know before I go see my doctor next week. I feel like I'm going to die I pee so much. Goggles holding out. Doesn't anyone here have bladder issues? It's all happened in the last six months.

Polyuria I must have this. I already peed 500 ml and for the whole day you should only pee 800 to 1600. I'm measuring it today on a plastic urinal from the hospital. It's what my doctor will ask me to do soon enough anyways. I'm calling her today. I just asked because my doctor sees me every week this has been going on for six months and she's content with how I'm doing im not. If I was not so secure in my life right now this could drive me to kill my self. Im not lying I won't live with this forever. I can't. It's not fair. Oh God I might need a cathader, they have ones that go out side so they don't hurt. 😐 I'm sorry this is so embarrassing.

I think maybe the trick is to not keep peeing but to hold it in and drink enough waiter because once I have waiting a hour the urge to pee seems to go away. This is. Like a torture. So no one knows any natural ways to cure bladder problems or pills that I can buy or get from my doctor that might help, she'll do anything she's super cool I just gotta ask? I might try cranberry juice anyways it can't hurt right.

I think maybe the trick is to not keep peeing but to hold it in and drink enough waiter because once I have waiting a hour the urge to pee seems to go away. This is. Like a torture. So no one knows any natural ways to cure bladder problems or pills that I can buy or get from my doctor that might help, she'll do anything she's super cool I just gotta ask? I might try cranberry juice anyways it can't hurt right.
Can't offer much advice but holding your pee is not good, it won't fix the problem and can be very bad for your kidneys.

If your frequent urination is a manifestation of something else, then it would be best to treat the cause and not the symptom.
Have you seeing an urologist?

You mentioned taking "diet pills", those often have a diuretic effect. Maybe also take a look at your diet, at least to make sure it isn't making your issue worse.

Yea don't hold it in. No end of people have either hurt themselves or died because when their body told them they had a problem their brain decided to ignore it.

If you feel you gotta pee most likely it's cause you gotta pee.

Same goes for thirst. Listen to your body.

As for why, I don't know. Seeing a doctor for a second opinion is all I can suggest. And I really think you should. Electrolyte imbalances can be real dangerous and can be caused by abnormal fluid intake.

The only other idea I have is maybe this is from salt,
I was thinking of stopping using salt I just don't want to and would've my sodium be high? Because it's not.

Excess sodium intake will definitely affect water retention, and if you're on diruetics to begin with, it can cause a delayed onset and increase the overall time they work. Sodium itself is an electrolyte and essential to our body, but the we only need 200 to 500 mg per day to function. I keep my sodium intake around 1200 mg per day (much, much lower than the 3,400 mg + the average American consumes and the 2,300 mg recommended by the Dietary Guidelines for Americans), and I can notice a difference immediately in what you're describing if I increase my sodium intake to even 1,800 mg per day with my diruetics. In regards to high sodium plasma levels, mine have always been in range, and even on the low side, and the increased sodium will still make me swell up and retain water regardless.

Phentermine is not good for the kidneys so I would advise stopping that for a start.

Your dr should really be doing a few tests to rule out infection, cystitis etc. If those are normal then it could be the fact you’ve got into a habit of peeing as soon as you feel the slightest urge and if that’s the case then bladder training is the treatment. Your dr would have to rule out the medical reasons first though before going down that road.

Stop drinking a few hours before bed and you shouldn’t have to get up during the night.

Definitely record how much you’re drinking and when and how much urine you are passing and when. There are recording sheets online I’m sure you could print off in regards to this. It’s good to give to the dr so they have a better idea.

I will say salt will make you more thirsty and you will pee more. If you’re eating low carb too you will naturally pee more.

Anyway, best get the dr to check it out. Could be any number of reasons.

Pain meds make you stop peeing if you take to many, isn't there something else that can do that? I just want to know before I go see my doctor next week. I feel like I'm going to die I pee so much. Goggles holding out. Doesn't anyone here have bladder issues? It's all happened in the last six months.
Ask your doc about OXYBUTYN - when i had severe bladder issues that helped alot with my frequency (some days i was going 50+ times), although my issues were ketamine related.

you might be experiencing ptsd/trauma symptoms. you said you were hit by a truck? we have all been under tremendous stress in the pandemic. A few years ago, i was badly burned in a fire, developed subsequent PTSD. One of the worst PTSD symptoms at the peak was having to pee. constantly. getting up 5x a night. no sleep, it was awful. If it's urge oriented, and you aren't peeing a FULL volume every time, it could very well be your parasympathetic nervous system freaking out from stress and squeezing the bladder muscles. how is your breathing/diaphragm? does it feel like reeling in a fishing line (clicks) to breath deeply in and out of your belly?? if yes to this stuff -- alpha blockers, in my case terazosin really helped the situation.

This is the kind of thing that is best discussed with a urologist rather than drug fiends. Although there does seem to be some good advice already in the thread.

Have a look at this (reputable) link which described numerous treatments for your problem and all of their major side effects. What you are experiencing is actually pretty common - there are many causes besides meth or ketamine use. Use the information as the basis for an informed discussion with your doctor or urologist about solutions. If your doctor insists it’s from illicit drug use and won’t treat the symptoms get a new doctor.

The condition is eminently treatable; https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...n-depth/bladder-control-problems/art-20044220

This is the kind of thing that is best discussed with a urologist rather than drug fiends. Although there does seem to be some good advice already in the thread.

Have a look at this (reputable) link which described numerous treatments for your problem and all of their major side effects. What you are experiencing is actually pretty common - there are many causes besides meth or ketamine use. Use the information as the basis for an informed discussion with your doctor or urologist about solutions. If your doctor insists it’s from illicit drug use and won’t treat the symptoms get a new doctor.

The condition is eminently treatable; https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...n-depth/bladder-control-problems/art-20044220
yes ^ this. I spent a good few months thinking mine was damage from ket. took a urologist and a scope up the junk to figure out the bladder itself was fine, something else was going on. you won't know what is really the deal until you get diagnosed by a urologist.

Just to say cranberry juice does nothing other than hydrate you which water would do just as well if not better.

my post here won't help the OP much maybe 2% :)

some foods are diuretics- that's a fact- at your leisure you could internet search which ones
OTOH i suspect some food items, once they've been thru my system and the residuals end up in my bladder, irritate the bladder making urgent need to pee even a small amount of pee- suspect tomato juice even w/o caffeine in the picture

nobody asked but my system goes from Don't you ever pee? -all the way to- pull over now! Again? yes again :( wish I knew exactly how salt and everything was affecting it btw I'm healthy 70 y.o. take Rx adderall- at a rate actually less than on the Rx

Just to say cranberry juice does nothing other than hydrate you which water would do just as well if not better.
The doctor they referred me to in rehab told me that actually cranberry can 'line' the bladder to help prevent any further infection from sticking... 🤷‍♂️
The standard juice itself can actually irritate though as its so sugary, he told me to get the sugar free ocean spray one and still dilute it 1/3rd juice and 2/3rds water, i drank it all day every day for a month aswel as taking 4 of the 'womans health' cranberry supplement tablets from tesco 4 x a day.

The doctor they referred me to in rehab told me that actually cranberry can 'line' the bladder to help prevent any further infection from sticking... 🤷‍♂️
The standard juice itself can actually irritate though as its so sugary, he told me to get the sugar free ocean spray one and still dilute it 1/3rd juice and 2/3rds water, i drank it all day every day for a month aswel as taking 4 of the 'womans health' cranberry supplement tablets from tesco 4 x a day.
Yes, you’re right, cranberry capsules might help a bit but the juice will do nothing even diluted.

Yes, you’re right, cranberry capsules might help a bit but the juice will do nothing even diluted.
I ate alot of the dried fruits themselves too, although I eventually got and still take these extra strong little extract tablets that are supposedly equivalent to 5g of dried berry