• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

What comes first BL?

Which of the following do you think will happen first?

• Legalization of Psylocybin mushrooms in Washington state

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jeah

Bluelighter
1. Psylocybin containing mushrooms in Washington state? or 2. Nationwide cannabis legalization?

Legal mushrooms? Pot will come first. It might be generations before any other recreational drug is legalized, and then I think coke might be it, after all, our last two presidents loved the stuff. Sorry to say.

Legal mushrooms? Pot will come first. It might be generations before any other recreational drug is legalized, and then I think coke might be it, after all, our last two presidents loved the stuff. Sorry to say.

Nah I think not, it's got faaar more stigma than mdma. Also it's really not that good :/ If anything comes next afterwards naturally psychedelics would almost definately be after weed. Like shrooms and cacti.

Nah I think not, it's got faaar more stigma than mdma. Also it's really not that good :/ If anything comes next afterwards naturally psychedelics would almost definately be after weed. Like shrooms and cacti.

Oh I agree, coke is stupid, and ruins some good folks. It does however have more acceptance among the suit and tie, drinks at the country club set. They donate to political campaigns, they have done their share of shrooms and acid in the past, and have put all that well behind them. I hope you're right though.

Plant hallucinogens like shrooms and cacti will be legal before any chemical like coke and lsd solely because of social bias. Cannabis before any of the others because of same. I mean this worldwide though not just US.

This doesn't concern people outside of the U.S. so this is moved to NSADD...
:)

Mdma will be the next drug legalized I believe, they already using it for Post Traumatic Disorder

I could see MDMA becoming Schedule 2, but rather doubt it will be legal for recreational use during our lifetimes.

1. Psylocybin containing mushrooms in Washington state? or 2. Nationwide cannabis legalization?

what do you mean?

there are already psilocybin mushrooms in washington state

but seriously i think nationwide cannabis for recreation will take place before any psychs are legal for recreational purposes

or were you talkin bout mushrooms legalized for medical purposes in washington or elsewhere for that matter?

Last edited:
Mdma will be the next drug legalized I believe, they already using it for Post Traumatic Disorder

i have a hard time believing this. I mean MDMAs legal origins were in therapy for PTSD. And then look what happened...

I don't really see any schedule 1 drugs besides cannabis getting legalized in north america for atleast the next 10-20 years. And even cannabis is doubtful. But we'll see i guess. I'm a medical patient so it's already legal for me =D

^^ it wasnt really clear in the OP or unbreakables post

but im assuming the OP n unbreakable were talkin about mushooms n mdma be legalized for medicine, maybe im wrong tho

no, 100% legalized. just psilocybin containing mushrooms. mushies in WA or MJ in all 50?

MJ in all 50 for sure.

I really doubt that they will ever legalize any psychedelics. As a matter of fact, my state recently (within the past year) even just made salvia illegal because psychedelics are viewed as dangerous, even ones that only last 5 minutes (as opposed to 5 hours). You forget, there are still many people out there that are outraged that weed is being legalized because it is such a "dangerous narcotic" and so forth. To squares (always wanted to use that phrase, it fits) the idea of getting high in general is a horrible idea and should not be allowed. Something that makes you trip balls would definitely not be allowed, for recreational purposes anyways. Maybe in medical studies or something the same way LSD is not-quite-legally being experimented with by doctors as a long term cure for migraines (for real, go look it up), but I will almost guarantee they will never be legalized in the next 100 years unless they just give up on the whole war on drugs and decriminalize everything alltogether. Honestly, as harmful as cocaine and heroin are, I would guarantee that they would be legalized way before any psychs are. And as much as I love to trip, I would do it the same way if I was a lawmaker. They just get you high, but leave you in this dimension. Psychs have the ability to completely take away all reality, which is damn hard to do with other street drugs. Realistically it IS kind of dangerous to let a bunch of tripping people loose... Many are peaceful and happy, but I have witnessed some people do some fucked up stuff while tripping

Legalizing psychedelics for recreational use is not going to happen. They are too much of a threat to capitalist/status quo society. Legalization of some psychedelic plants/fungi for organized religious use might happen, there are already a few that can be used for that purpose under strict guidelines by specific groups of people. Religious use is IMO more likely than recreational or even therapeutic use that is not just experimental or strictly regulated and difficult to access.

As for all 50 states legalizing cannabis for recreational use versus Washington legalizing mushrooms for recreational use, that is a very tough question. I think it will be a very long time before either of those things happen unless there is a dramatic change in American society/government. But probably cannabis nation-wide would come first IMO.

Well, I don't think it will happen overnight, but once the other states see that nothing bad happened from WA and CO legalizing it they will follow suit. It may take 20 years, but it will happen sooner than psychs for sure. They're not gonna be able to turn down the tax money they generate (not to mention the money they save by not imprisoning small time potheads), and on top of that once most of the states do, the few straggling conservative states are gonna have a hard time enforcing it when it becomes accepted everywhere else and just becomes commonplace. There may still be a few crazy places that have laws against it like the dry counties down south that still outlaw booze, but realistically I think even the federal government will have no choice but to play along relatively soon. It's pretty fucked up if they don't if you think about it logically. Lawmakers are crazy but they're not straight stupid.

exactly. I was thinking about 15-20 years as well. once they realize "oh shit, nothing bad happened" then more widespread legalization of MJ will come about. I think mushies in Washington and Oregon come 1st though. 2030 or so.

...realistically I think even the federal government will have no choice but to play along relatively soon. It's pretty fucked up if they don't if you think about it logically.

Since when has drug policy in the US ever been based on logic? ;)