• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

What colour do PMA pills turn?

holden_17

Greenlighter
So if ecstasy turns purple/black, what colour will a PMA laced tablet or a complete PMA pill turn? Is this the only way to detec if the pill contains PMA and is one tablet of PMA enough to kill someone?

Thanks ;)

PMA + Marquis -> fizzing (effervescence) but no colour change.

Mandelin, reports range from green-> red/brown to pink

Mecke -> lime/ green

Simons -> no colour change

Nitroprusside/ acetone (primary amine test) -> Salmon (positive)

phase dancer - if a pill was 50 / 50 MDMA and PMA (give or take binders etc) would the reaction be straight to black with fizzing ?

If so then its a bit scary if your only using Marquis.

phase dancer - if a pill was 50 / 50 MDMA and PMA (give or take binders etc) would the reaction be straight to black with fizzing ?

If so then its a bit scary if your only using Marquis.

Almost certainly. The response to marquis would be the same as if they had pipes + MDMA (and in practice if they're using PMA, the MDMA would probably be trace amount - just enough to trip marquis color change). See that other thread about how little MDMA it takes to make marquis turn black.

I havn't heard anything about PMA in years though, and i'd be surprised if it was still being passed off as MDMA. Why would anyone press PMA into pills? Nobody likes PMA any more than they like pipes, PMA is controlled (and hence expensive), while pipes are uncontrolled in most of the world, and dirt shit cheap. And PMA kills people, while pipes dont. And PMA can be detected with mecke, while pipes cant.

Has anyone seen PMA show up on any of the pill test sites lately?

Thanks TheAzo, there have been two pills within the last year confirmed as PMA

A batch of Mitsubishi pills in Australia and the latest ones were Clovers in Amsterdam.

Thankfully its not that common!

A girl in Australia died after taking what she thought was MDMA at a music festival, but turned out to be PMA. However she did take 2 pills believing that the first one wasn't strong enough. I don't know how lethal one dose of PMA is, anyway (plus you have to consider mgs). If anyones interested her name was Annabel Catt.